FTW "Committed to Excellence" Campaign

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Sophandros
Regent's Circle

FTW "Committed to Excellence" Campaign

Unread post by Sophandros »

From this morning's FTW email. This is an opportunity for you to help recruit and retain talent for our basketball program. There have been several threads recently about our men's hoops team, so now you can put your money where your mouth is by directly helping them out.
Happy Thursday, Tulane fans,

Coach Ron Hunter and his staff have been working tirelessly since they arrived in the spring of 2019 to win the American Athletic Conference for the first time in school history and take our Green Wave back to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1995.

Despite changes to the members of our league, to the construction of our roster, to the landscape of college athletics at-large, that goal has never changed and Coach Hunter’s staff has never wavered.

Now is the time for us to help make that a reality. But how?

There are several loyal donors who have pledged a maximum of $150,000.00 to FTW, earmarked for men’s basketball, *IF* the FTW community as a whole can match their contribution.

When the Yulman and Glazer families stepped up during the capital campaign for what became Yulman Stadium, they participated in a similar “match” program to round out the process, whereby they would match donor contributions, dollar for dollar.

That’s where we are, today, with men’s basketball. And as such, Fear the Wave is proud to announce the COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE campaign.

Gifts may be made at ftwcollective.com. Be sure to include “Committed to Excellence,” “MBB,” or “Men’s Basketball” in the subject line.

Please considering joining me in making a gift today, that will help propel us to the NCAA Tournament, just ten short months from now.

Thanks for reading, and Roll Wave!
Donate here: https://ftwcollective.com/
Sports Talk radio and most sports message boards are the killing fields of intellectual discourse.
IM42lane
Breaker Level

Re: FTW "Committed to Excellence" Campaign

Unread post by IM42lane »

Get a new HC first!!!!!
A.S. Madere ("Pete")
2005 Dennis Drive
Hammond, LA 70401-1519

Email: IM42lane@yahoo.com
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Marathon Wave »

Tell us how you feel, Pete.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
Sophandros
Regent's Circle

Or just support our current and future players so that the cupboard won't be bare when and if we get a new coach.

A new coach won't want to come to a program that doesn't have a strong NIL and at least some talent on the roster.
Sports Talk radio and most sports message boards are the killing fields of intellectual discourse.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

Sophandros wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:56 pm Or just support our current and future players so that the cupboard won't be bare when and if we get a new coach.

A new coach won't want to come to a program that doesn't have a strong NIL and at least some talent on the roster.
Yeah..."our fanbase wanted us to get a new coach before they ponied up any NIL money" isn't exactly the enticement that a new coach wants to hear.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

ml wave wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:37 pm
Sophandros wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:56 pm Or just support our current and future players so that the cupboard won't be bare when and if we get a new coach.

Yeah..."our fanbase wanted us to get a new coach before they ponied up any NIL money" isn't exactly the enticement that a new coach wants to hear.
Which is yet another messed up thing with NIL, right? Because, as has been pointed out, donating to NIL is effectively an investment in a , and most people actually want to invest in things that can or will succeed. If we all blindly throw a bunch of money at basketball, isn't Harris more likely to think people want Hunter and keep him around?
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:35 pm
ml wave wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:37 pm

Which is yet another messed up thing with NIL, right? Because, as has been pointed out, donating to NIL is effectively an investment in a , and most people actually want to invest in things that can or will succeed. If we all blindly throw a bunch of money at basketball, isn't Harris more likely to think people want Hunter and keep him around?
No, I would think the more money given, the more of a voice we have. It's one thing to not have money or sell tickets, but once you do then there's more pressure to succeed...once you have money, you don't want to lose it.
atxwave
Riptide Level

Unread post by atxwave »

I just went to the ftw website and donated $500. The boys earned it! I'll donate another $500 if they win their regional.
QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle

Unread post by QuarterbackU »

atxwave wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:50 pm I just went to the ftw website and donated $500. The boys earned it! I'll donate another $500 if they win their regional.
Matching it now.
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder
Wandering Quaker
President's Circle

Unread post by Wandering Quaker »

And another one.
Sophandros
Regent's Circle

Updated with the baseball campaign:

https://www.spotfund.com/story/7bd706b2 ... 0df4abc6c5
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Remember that there is a potential match of $150,000 if that goal is met. Any amount helps.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
atxwave
Riptide Level

Unread post by atxwave »

Wish I had seen this...I donated directly on the ftw collective website. It's kind of BS that my gift doesn't count towards this. There is nothing about this campaign on their website.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

atxwave wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:11 pm Wish I had seen this...I donated directly on the ftw collective website. It's kind of BS that my gift doesn't count towards this. There is nothing about this campaign on their website.
I'm sure you could clear this up with an email.