2024 Strength of Schedule Football

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
tkruebbe
Breaker Level

2024 Strength of Schedule Football

Unread post by tkruebbe »

CFN all 134 teams the WAVE at #68 . In the AAC WAVE #1, Mem. #2, USF #3 . :mrgreen:
MAY THE WAVE LIVE FOREVER
Shu40
Breaker Level

Re: 2024 Strength of Schedule Football

Unread post by Shu40 »

Bring it on. It’s good enough to get us where we want to go. Beat either ksu or ok, lose one in conf, but win the conf championship
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Link?

Were any G5 teams ahead of us? I've lost track of how many P4 schools there are now, but I'm guessing pretty much every P4 school is ahead of us by virtue of their conference schedules being imagined as soooo harrrrrd.

What I'd like to see is a ranking of every team's 4-game OOC SOS. Would we be #1 in the nation? Do any other G5 teams play two preseason ranked P4s? Goodness knows not a lot of P4s play a tough OOC slate.
nolasilver
Coach Level

Unread post by nolasilver »

PeteRasche wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:23 am Link?

Were any G5 teams ahead of us? I've lost track of how many P4 schools there are now, but I'm guessing pretty much every P4 school is ahead of us by virtue of their conference schedules being imagined as soooo harrrrrd.

What I'd like to see is a ranking of every team's 4-game OOC SOS. Would we be #1 in the nation? Do any other G5 teams play two preseason ranked P4s? Goodness knows not a lot of P4s play a tough OOC slate.
When I look at the big 12 there’s literally Utah and then what I perceive to be a bunch of good g5 caliber teams.
Sophandros
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Sophandros »

nolasilver wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:56 am

When I look at the big 12 there’s literally Utah and then what I perceive to be a bunch of good g5 caliber teams.
That's because we're well on our way to the P2 and everybody else. The schools in the Big XII and ACC don't seem to want to admit this yet.
Sports Talk radio and most sports message boards are the killing fields of intellectual discourse.
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Come on man. You see who started the thread. You get very limited info with no links to get more info.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
tkruebbe
Breaker Level

Yes UMASS. and OLD DIM . :mrgreen:
tkruebbe
Breaker Level

The Link is COLLEGE FOOTBALL NETWORK , CFN . :mrgreen:
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

That’s not a link. It’s just spelling out an abbreviation
tkruebbe
Breaker Level

nolasilver
Coach Level

Unread post by nolasilver »

We all know the drill. Win atleast one of OU or Kstate games and all our goals are still in front of us.

If that Kstate game at Yulman could be a night game that would be absolutly amazing (and practical given the heat). What’s the biggest night game we’ve had ? One of the CCG’s i assume. Would be fun to have a P5 team in yulman for a night game. Still unlikely given our g5 status, and kstate isn’t OU/Bama
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

It’s not a stretch for one of three or four ESPN networks to televise KSU game at night. Odds are it will be a day game because ESPN networks have twice as many slots to fill with 11am CDT and mid-afternoon kickoffs. Unlike other weeks there are not a number of compelling P4 matchups to knock KSU game to ESPN+

I SWAG 11am on ESPN2 or a super longshot, ABC for a day game.
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Baywave1 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:08 pm It’s not a stretch for one of three or four ESPN networks to televise KSU game at night. Odds are it will be a day game because ESPN networks have twice as many slots to fill with 11am CDT and mid-afternoon kickoffs. Unlike other weeks there are not a number of compelling P4 matchups to knock KSU game to ESPN+

I SWAG 11am on ESPN2 or a super longshot, ABC for a day game.
I’d prefer a night game that time of year (2:30 I’m at least in the shade), but like you said, this game is nothing more than a slot filler and could very well end up at 11.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson