Login Issues

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Re: Login Issues

Unread post by GSx »

When I tried to login earlier on I phone it said that I have been "permanently banned." I tried later and it worked
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

GSx wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:51 pm When I tried to login earlier on I phone it said that I have been "permanently banned." I tried later and it worked
It's the wifi or cell location you are connected to that drives that.

My work computer is a virtual desktop to our corporate HQ in Quad Cities, Iowa. When I flip to the Virtual Desktop (a computer sitting somewhere in the Quad Cities), YOGWF tells me I am banned. When I minimize the virtual screen and open it on the browser on the local computer itself, it's fine. Why does YOGWF think a server farm in the Quad Cities is a foreign hacker or a bot? I dunno, but I assume it has something to do with it being a server farm IP address.
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

GSx wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:51 pm When I tried to login earlier on I phone it said that I have been "permanently banned." I tried later and it worked
That’s what I get when on cellular no matter where in the area I am at. It only connects to WiFi for me. I assume that’s a pretty widespread problem which is why there isn’t as much activity as we used to have.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

waverider wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:53 am
That’s what I get when on cellular no matter where in the area I am at. It only connects to WiFi for me. I assume that’s a pretty widespread problem which is why there isn’t as much activity as we used to have.
I can log on with wireless with no issue. I wonder if it's service provider? I'm on Verizon.
waverider
Cornerstone

PeteRasche wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:24 pm
I can log on with wireless with no issue. I wonder if it's service provider? I'm on Verizon.
Could be that AT&T made changes to their settings after they had that big outage recently. Something is triggering the site’s firewall to block access.
Tulane Greenbackers

Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

waverider wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:07 pm
Could be that AT&T made changes to their settings after they had that big outage recently. Something is triggering the site’s firewall to block access.
What's your IP address? Many IPs are blocked (all foreign-based ones but Canada, for instance)
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

Roller wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:52 pm
waverider wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:07 pm
What's your IP address? Many IPs are blocked (all foreign-based ones but Canada, for instance)
It's pretty clearly an issue with AT&T being blocked; I just tested it this morning in New Orleans on AT&T and got the same thing.
waverider
Cornerstone

The cellular service in Universal Studios Orlando is letting me on the site. They must not be using AT&T’s network.

I also got a “roll wave” from someone that saw my shirt.
Tulane Greenbackers

PeteRasche
Cornerstone

On vacation in St. John USVI and the wifi in the villa has had flawless connection to YOGWF. I've been frankly very surprised. Yeah, it's technically America, but I fully expected to get the banned message down here.
waverider
Cornerstone

PeteRasche wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:35 pm On vacation in St. John USVI and the wifi in the villa has had flawless connection to YOGWF. I've been frankly very surprised. Yeah, it's technically America, but I fully expected to get the banned message down here.
Apparently the farther away from Tulane you are, the better the connection to YOGWF :lol:
Tulane Greenbackers