Mardi Gras jester wave hats

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Mardi Gras jester wave hats

Post by PeteRasche »

https://twitter.com/TulaneShop/status/1 ... Wvgng&s=19

After a preview last weekend, just went up for pre-order on Campus Connection. Get em while they're there!
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Re: Mardi Gras jester wave hats

Post by Johnny Mac »

thanks Pete
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

PeteRasche wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:50 pm https://twitter.com/TulaneShop/status/1 ... Wvgng&s=19

After a preview last weekend, just went up for pre-order on Campus Connection. Get em while they're there!
Pete, those look great. Need to get one.

BTW, loved your comment in another thread about UCF. Add Houston and Cinncy to the list. Hope they lose every game they play.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

They are already sold out as are the angry wave jester shirts. I don't understand him having such little stock especially this year.
We deserve so much better
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

wavedom wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:23 pm They are already sold out as are the angry wave jester shirts. I don't understand him having such little stock especially this year.
Per their site Twitter a week or two ago, they are getting new jester shirts this year which will be the ones the team will be wearing (redesigned!), but they have to wait until the team reveals them first. The ones on the site now are last year's and have been sold out since last year.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Thanks. Hope they order more than in the past as they go quickly. Also hope they order more of the hats.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

In the Twitter thread below the hat announcement, someone asked if there was more jester stuff coming and they said yes. They could just mean the new shirts but in previous tweets they've given the impression there are lots of things in the works.
Shu40
Breaker Level

Post by Shu40 »

I grabbed a pair of the official bkball Mardi Gras shorts this week.

It’s good once a decade to get a new pair of shorts to workout and sleep in

https://ias.chipply.com/tulane-mardi-gras/store.aspx
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

wavedom wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:23 pm They are already sold out as are the angry wave jester shirts. I don't understand him having such little stock especially this year.
tf do you sell out a pre-order? just order however many you sell.. glad I got mine when I saw Pete's post
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Johnny Mac wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:33 pm
tf do you sell out a pre-order? just order however many you sell.. glad I got mine when I saw Pete's post
Might just mean they aren't physically in the store and it's a pre-order because you have to wait for their (already ordered) shipment to arrive and then them to rebox and mail them to you.

Campus Connection is literally the definition of a small business, their workers manually pack up orders in the back room. And athletic success is new to all of us so it's gonna take them time to get a feel for this new demand and what numbers it brings. Can't blame a small business for playing it conservative, especially when they're the only place for a lot of this stuff (meaning they aren't going to lose customers because someone gets mad they sold out, so they can afford to play it safe).
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

If that was the case they would give a dead line to pre-order and then order that many. So I'm thinking Pete's take is correct.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

PeteRasche wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:03 pm
Might just mean they aren't physically in the store and it's a pre-order because you have to wait for their (already ordered) shipment to arrive and then them to rebox and mail them to you.

Campus Connection is literally the definition of a small business, their workers manually pack up orders in the back room. And athletic success is new to all of us so it's gonna take them time to get a feel for this new demand and what numbers it brings. Can't blame a small business for playing it conservative, especially when they're the only place for a lot of this stuff (meaning they aren't going to lose customers because someone gets mad they sold out, so they can afford to play it safe).
Pete I get that there isn't much demand for Tulane stuff for a long time but the jester items have been a big hit since they started and then with the year we are having it just seems a good businessman would have picked up on that and ordered more or as I said above give a deadline to pre-order and then place their order.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

wavedom wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:55 pm
PeteRasche wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:03 pm

Pete I get that there isn't much demand for Tulane stuff for a long time but the jester items have been a big hit since they started and then with the year we are having it just seems a good businessman would have picked up on that and ordered more or as I said above give a deadline to pre-order and then place their order.
wavedom is right.. the Mardi Gras themed MBB t's sold old instantly two years in a row... the stuff that causes me to scratch my head are the 1-0 and other short duration themed items.. which are not sold out, BTW.

Don't get me wrong.. I LOVE Campus Connection and buy everything from them when I am in the market for Wave stuff because they are 1 a small business and 2 HUUUUGGGEEE supporters of Tulane. But this wasn't done well and again Pete, if it wasn't for you, I would have missed the boat.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Johnny Mac wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:02 amPete, if it wasn't for you, I would have missed the boat.
Good thing my son's basketball game was horribly boring and I started scrolling Twitter. :lol:
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

There's a pre-order link on Twitter now fwiw
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

For the new jester shirts?
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

they ordered 72 hats... total.. 72.

and he's shocked they sold out so quickly.

again, love supporting small businesses, but decisions like that are what keep small businesses small businesses

he would have sold 720 in the same length of time and anything unsold would have sold next year during Carnival

he did twit back at someone to say they will adjust on Monday, so I guess stay tuned?
beantownwave
Navigator Level

Post by beantownwave »

Got lucky I was scrolling Twitter when I was, got one.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

JM, while I agree with your thoughts about the number ordered, also remember we live in the Supply Chain Issue era. It's possible their supplier could not promise them more than that within some time frame that was reasonable to have them by Mardi Gras. It's also possible they are short-staffed and know how much they are able to process and ship out per {hour/day/week} and knew they couldn't handle more. If they got 700 and they all arrived a week before Mardi Gras and they only have one or two people to box them up and ship them out, then they end up with furious customers who were counting on having them in time, etc.

(I dunno about any of this but I tend to give the benefit of the doubt to anyone in the sales industry these days)
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Pete- he's been doing it this way for a while now so seriously doubt it's supply chain related. He's just stuck in the past when it was hard to sell Tulane items.
ForeverTU
Regent's Circle

Post by ForeverTU »

wavedom wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:08 pm Pete- he's been doing it this way for a while now so seriously doubt it's supply chain related. He's just stuck in the past when it was hard to sell Tulane items.
In fairness to Dave, he doesn’t have a ton of space to work with and also sells a fair amount of frat/sorority gear and other items than are non-direct athletic apparel. From being in the shop about a month ago he probably went a little too hard on the 1-0 stuff but he’s defiantly been getting in a wide variety of things.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

I’m sure the guy wants to make money. Prob not used to people caring about Tulane sports.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

PeteRasche wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:03 pm Back in stock, order fast!

https://campusconnection.cc/products/tu ... age-86-cap
Thanks Pete.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

PeteRasche wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:03 pm Back in stock, order fast!

https://campusconnection.cc/products/tu ... age-86-cap
Pete, thank you!