Polls—we got votes

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Polls—we got votes

Unread post by WaveProf »

We just got 3 votes in the AP poll. Good for 32 if you count that way. Kansas state is 25 and LSU 30

First time we’ve gotten votes since 2019
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Re: Polls—we got votes

Unread post by krewe of ham and eggs »

I was wondering how Moe, Larry, and Curly were doing
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

Rat poison
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Basically means that in the eyes of the voters, beating K State means more than a fluke loss to USM.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
WaveProf
Cornerstone

waverider wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:35 pm Basically means that in the eyes of the voters, beating K State means more than a fluke loss to USM.
For sure. And it should. And I’m Happy to see a G5 get consideration even after a loss, too often voters are too all/nothing with G5. BUT…..

I have no way of understanding how three people can justify adding TU to their ballot when they weren’t on their ballot last week. Surviving on a ballot after an embarrassing loss is one thing, but advancing up? It’s insane
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Unread post by 1309th WAVE »

It was 1 vote at 23; 3 points awarded based on how the AP top 25 is tabulated. By David Briggs of the Toledo Blade, who put Tulane 23, Kansas State 24, Oklahoma 25.
link
waverider
Cornerstone

WaveProf wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:39 pm
waverider wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:35 pm Basically means that in the eyes of the voters, beating K State means more than a fluke loss to USM.
For sure. And it should. And I’m Happy to see a G5 get consideration even after a loss, too often voters are too all/nothing with G5. BUT…..

I have no way of understanding how three people can justify adding TU to their ballot when they weren’t on their ballot last week. Surviving on a ballot after an embarrassing loss is one thing, but advancing up? It’s insane
I agree. In this one voter’s eyes, they weren’t sure if K State was legit, but once they beat Oklahoma, it legitimized our win over them. Now, do we know if Oklahoma is actually good or were they overrated from the beginning?

What all this really means is there is more reason why polls shouldn’t come out until week 4 or 5.
Tulane Greenbackers

Coach Level

Unread post by 1401973 »

As if AP is some kind of standard.
I hope this insults all: I will not read anything AP as if it’s gospel. The smart people in my world went to med School or engineering. Certainly not journalism.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

This will be Willie’s claim to fame moment with Tulane.

Where is Willie? Did he give any interviews last night?
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

David Briggs is from Missouri and now covers Ohio State. He probably hates all things Oklahoma (maybe all things Big 12) so this is his way to "stick it to them" after the losses, but in a way that probably nobody but us would notice.
Coach Level

Unread post by 1401973 »

1309th WAVE wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:23 pm It was 1 vote at 23; 3 points awarded based on how the AP top 25 is tabulated. By David Briggs of the Toledo Blade, who put Tulane 23, Kansas State 24, Oklahoma 25.
link
If I were a coach I would be put in prison.
I would print out 100 pages of that AP ranking chart, shred it and serve it as a topping on every snowball the team is served.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

All polls are stupid. The AP is about a 1000 times less stupid than the coaches poll
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

No snoballs this week- we lost.
We deserve so much better
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Marathon Wave »

INDEED!
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

This won’t get us in but I bet we get votes from more than one guy. Especially if k state wins tomorrow.
waverider
Cornerstone

WaveProf wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:46 pm This won’t get us in but I bet we get votes from more than one guy. Especially if k state wins tomorrow.
I would think so, but they may just come to the realization that Houston really sucks!

I don’t mean to diminish our win, but Huck Fouston.
Tulane Greenbackers

PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

WaveProf wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:46 pm This won’t get us in but I bet we get votes from more than one guy. Especially if k state wins tomorrow.
Please. Stop. The only reason we got votes last week is some dude hates the Big 12. We won't get meaningful votes unless we win every game until, and then beat, UCF.
Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

waverider wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:49 pm
I would think so, but they may just come to the realization that Houston really sucks!
I hope they continue to think UH is "all that"; it would boost our stock a bunch.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:37 pm
Please. Stop. The only reason we got votes last week is some dude hates the Big 12. We won't get meaningful votes unless we win every game until, and then beat, UCF.
Exactly. We got 1 gimmick vote. Even he probably won't do it again
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Yankeewave »

If Kansas state keeps winning, I could see a few more people giving us Toledo like votes. Normally, good G5 teams are racking up wins without a good P5 win on their resume.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Yankeewave wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:41 am If Kansas state keeps winning, I could see a few more people giving us Toledo like votes. Normally, good G5 teams are racking up wins without a good P5 win on their resume.
Somebody from the g5 is going to get ranked down the line. If we keep winning it will be us. We will get to the end of the year with at least a couple g5s ranked as usual
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:00 am
Yankeewave wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:41 am If Kansas state keeps winning, I could see a few more people giving us Toledo like votes. Normally, good G5 teams are racking up wins without a good P5 win on their resume.
Somebody from the g5 is going to get ranked down the line. If we keep winning it will be us. We will get to the end of the year with at least a couple g5s ranked as usual
I'm sure the Big XII and the rest of the cartel are praying it's one of the teams set to join the P5 that gets the NY6 bid
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

krewe of ham and eggs wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:15 am
I'm sure the Big XII and the rest of the cartel are praying it's one of the teams set to join the P5 that gets the NY6 bid
That will have to be cinci. Byu is ineligible for the g5 bid and Houston is toast as we saw
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:17 am
That will have to be cinci. Byu is ineligible for the g5 bid and Houston is toast as we saw
Interesting didn't know that BYU is ineligible
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

krewe of ham and eggs wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:26 am
tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:17 am
Interesting didn't know that BYU is ineligible
Yeah they can be selected for an at large but that would be in addition to the g5 bid, not in place of it