Trailer Hitch Receiver Cover wanted

Tickets, Cars, Bikes, Apartments, Jobs (related to Tulane & within good taste)-
Roller
Cornerstone

Trailer Hitch Receiver Cover wanted

Post by Roller »

My Green Wave trailer hitch receiver cover (see picture) was broken when someone backed into my car in a parking lot. When I first got it, several years ago, it seems like I found it faily easily. Now, I've searched the 'net and can't find one. Does anybody know of a source? I found every other ACC school represented, but not Tulane!

windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Trailer Hitch Receiver Cover wanted

Post by windywave »

It looks counterfeit, the blues and greens are off.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

Roller wrote:My Green Wave trailer hitch receiver cover (see picture) was broken when someone backed into my car in a parking lot. When I first got it, several years ago, it seems like I found it faily easily. Now, I've searched the 'net and can't find one. Does anybody know of a source? I found every other ACC school represented, but not Tulane!

Bummer ....... I'm guessing it can't be cosmetically repaired??
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Ray wrote:
Roller wrote:My Green Wave trailer hitch receiver cover (see picture) was broken when someone backed into my car in a parking lot. When I first got it, several years ago, it seems like I found it faily easily. Now, I've searched the 'net and can't find one. Does anybody know of a source? I found every other ACC school represented, but not Tulane!

Actually, I did a basic "repair" by taping a piece of coat hanger wire across the break, but since they are relatively cheap (on the order of $20), I just as soon buy a new one with no blemishes.

One source carried over 150 schools, but when I asked, they replied that there is "no demand" for Tulane products. :-(
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

Roller wrote:
Ray wrote:

Actually, I did a basic "repair" by taping a piece of coat hanger wire across the break, but since they are relatively cheap (on the order of $20), I just as soon buy a new one with no blemishes.

One source carried over 150 schools, but when I asked, they replied that there is "no demand" for Tulane products. :-(
The Demand starts with YOU Roller!! :wink:
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

I know in Wisconsin there are many outfits that will do any logo you want for a trailer hitch. Va. is prob/ the same. It's that 1 time ART-WORK set-up fee that is the killer.
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

I custom-designed this, and ordered one tonight. (I kept the picture I used in the design; if anybody wants the picture, PM me, and I can send it to you.)
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

Roller wrote:I custom-designed this, and ordered one tonight. (I kept the picture I used in the design; if anybody wants the picture, PM me, and I can send it to you.)
Not in the market, but very very cool.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Roller wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:44 pm I custom-designed this, and ordered one tonight. (I kept the picture I used in the design; if anybody wants the picture, PM me, and I can send it to you.)
Where did you end up ordering this from? Going to make an Angry Wave!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

You will likely have an issue with the Angry Wave if the place is reputable at all. Specifically because the AW has a banner that says "Tulane" on it.

The T-wave used above doesn't say whose logo it is, so a lazy print company might not know it's trademarked. However, the fact you included the "TM" in the logo indicates that it's simply not a reputable place who is willing to print trademarked logos despite the risk associated with doing so.

I know about all of this because, after extensive research a couple of years ago (when AW was new), I could not find a tall sized shirt, so I was going to print one myself at an online T-shirt shop. The place saw "Tulane" in the logo and rejected it. I then reached out to Tulane Athletics marketing (Jana Woodson, who is AWESOME) and she gave me a single, one-time license to get shirts printed using the Angry Wave logo.

That said, if you can't find one, and literally no place is making them (Jana indicated at the time that there were like over 300 licensed vendors who use AW), then she would likely be willing to authorize someplace to do it. I suggest you reach out to her. Her address is on this page:
https://tulanegreenwave.com/sports/2017 ... guide.aspx

If all of this fails, just buy a blank cover (white, black, green, whatever) and buy a vinyl AW decal from somewhere (Amazon or whatever) and stick it on there. I used the vinyl decals on some of my Yeti mugs and they are pretty damage-proof.

Or if you get a metal cover, you could stick this magnet on it (though superglue would work to stick it to plastic):
https://tulane.bncollege.com/shop/tulan ... Id=1941158