We need you Willie fritz

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
pearlriverwave
Navigator Level

We need you Willie fritz

Post by pearlriverwave »

Our players love you and you are an inspiration for them to believe in. I understand making more money and I hope Tulane comes thru. Gives us a good looking over before you make up your mind. Keeping Tulane a winner would put you in sport’s history for all time. Love ya Willie
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Re: We need you Willie fritz

Post by WaveProf »

The time for that was before this. Either this was a done deal and he didn't mind it leaking (in which case eff him), or it was a done deal and wasn't supposed to leak (in which case he looks better, but he still ain't changing his mind at this point), or it wasn't a done deal at all, in which case you'd be seeing Fritz out in front denying this about an hour ago.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

ALERT!!!

stay Tommy stay

SARCASM!
Victory is never permanent
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

No groveling.
And we don't "need" him.
DCGreenie
President's Circle

Post by DCGreenie »

pearlriverwave wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:36 pm Our players love you and you are an inspiration for them to believe in. I understand making more money and I hope Tulane comes thru. Gives us a good looking over before you make up your mind. Keeping Tulane a winner would put you in sport’s history for all time. Love ya Willie
No. Tactless. Timing is nearly everything, and Wilhelm Fritz's timing is floating in the crapper......
pearlriverwave
Navigator Level

Post by pearlriverwave »

Considering tulane’s record of hiring bad coaches, if we want a good coach then willie’s our man. The man did an awesome job and some of you want to slam him for interviewing. Well he is good enough for GT then he is good enough for us
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

GSx wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:04 pm No groveling.
And we don't "need" him.
This is the part that pisses me off. A good old fan shouldn’t have to do this. Fritz isn’t really doing it. Bowden did it to peoples’ faces and I’ve never forgiven that. This will be over one way or another soon enough. I’m glad a lot of people here realize that our timetable is more urgent than Tech’s.
Last edited by long green on Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle

Post by QuarterbackU »

GSx wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:04 pm No groveling.
And we don't "need" him.
Amen.
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

pearlriverwave wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:24 pm Considering tulane’s record of hiring bad coaches, if we want a good coach then willie’s our man. The man did an awesome job and some of you want to slam him for interviewing. Well he is good enough for GT then he is good enough for us
I’d rather he stay but the reality is once this gets out we - Tulane- have to know. We don’t have the luxury of letting Tech interview more guys (it’s beyond that, of course). But when you’re getting dumped and are back in the market you need to keep your self-respect.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

This was Thamel’s tweet a couple hours ago:
Sources: Georgia Tech interviewed Tulane coach Willie Fritz today. No deal has been struck to make him Tech’s next coach. Fritz is a top candidates, but there’s other interviews scheduled for upcoming days.
I was curious if this was leaked by Ga Tech to see the interest from the fans. I doubt it.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Sorry, no sale.

Do you want to let this go until Saturday and have an outgoing coach use the championship game as a personal showcase? No middle ground here.
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Post by DrHullabaloo »

GA Tech fans are furious. Since their last guy cane from Temple, they’ve lumped us in together with their dumpster fire.

They’re literally organizing in person live protests.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

DrHullabaloo wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:52 pm GA Tech fans are furious. Since their last guy cane from Temple, they’ve lumped us in together with their dumpster fire.

They’re literally organizing in person live protests.
This is what I’ve seen from GT fans in most of the tweets about the hire. Of course, Tennessee fans were unimpressed with the hiring of Heupel from UCF but I think they are happier now.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Good. IIRC there have been several almost coach hires that fell apart because of fan revolt. Hell EPL fans saved it from European super league even though the billionaires would have become trillionaires from it. OK with me if delusional GT fans torpedo this

LG is spot on. No middle ground. Willie chose his agent and approved this negotiating tactic to sow the wind and are now reaping the whirlwind

He can still recover his status here because most folks will forgive and forget (sort of) this if done now.

Otherwise we will wish him well in his future endeavors and root for the folks that want to make Tulane 1-0 this week
NolaChic
Junior

Post by NolaChic »

pearlriverwave wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:36 pm Our players love you and you are an inspiration for them to believe in. I understand making more money and I hope Tulane comes thru. Gives us a good looking over before you make up your mind. Keeping Tulane a winner would put you in sport’s history for all time. Love ya Willie
“Our players love you”
And you know this how?

“you are an inspiration for them to believe in”
Please cite your sources