Time to incite Us Peasants. Do we get GameDay?

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Time to incite Us Peasants. Do we get GameDay?

Post by Baywave1 »

Write the NEW CEO of Disney and the NEW EXEC overseeing ESPN. They weren’t there for the UCF game.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Re: Time to incite Us Peasants. Do we get GameDay?

Post by AO Sig »

They have tried to "spread the wealth" this season, going to places like App State and Montana. Tulane deserves at least consideration for the GameDay team to make a visit
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
GreenHeart
Riptide Level

Post by GreenHeart »

tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

No way. They will go to Atlanta or the west coast if USC and Oregon win tomorrow.

Will the students still be in school?
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

Classes end December 9
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

SWEET!!!!
tumbuuh
Navigator Level

Post by tumbuuh »

tjtlja wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:09 pm No way. They will go to Atlanta or the west coast if USC and Oregon win tomorrow.

Will the students still be in school?
The timing should actually be perfect for students with a couple weeks to go before finals. And FWIW, our game would actually be on a college campus, whereas SEC and PAC-12 won't.
We praise thee for thy future, Alma Mater;
The vista of its glory gleameth far.
We shall ever be part of thee, great Mother;
Thou wilt be where e'er thy children are.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Does that matter to them for conference championship games? I hope not, but my gut tells me otherwise. Hell, those idiots may go back to Texas/TCU.
QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle

Post by QuarterbackU »

PAC-12 title game (Friday) will be in Las Vegas.

I hate to be that guy but I guess I root against LSU vs A&M to make the SEC game a little less compelling.
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder
Sophandros
Regent's Circle

Post by Sophandros »

QuarterbackU wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:38 pm PAC-12 title game (Friday) will be in Las Vegas.

I hate to be that guy but I guess I root against LSU vs A&M to make the SEC game a little less compelling.
Don't think it's hard for any of us to root against LSU...
Sports Talk radio and most sports message boards are the killing fields of intellectual discourse.
QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle

Post by QuarterbackU »

Sophandros wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:57 pm
QuarterbackU wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:38 pm PAC-12 title game (Friday) will be in Las Vegas.

Don't think it's hard for any of us to root against LSU...
8)
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Dannen tweeted that the Athletic dept is buying 4,000 tickets for students.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

waverider wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:04 pm Dannen tweeted that the Athletic dept is buying 4,000 tickets for students.
Maybe I’m being too particular about semantics here (as a Tulane fan does) but who are we buying those tickets from? Ourselves? How does that work? Do the AAC championship tickets get vended by a 3rd party to prevent denying access to the visitors?
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

1309th WAVE wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:08 pm
waverider wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:04 pm Dannen tweeted that the Athletic dept is buying 4,000 tickets for students.
Maybe I’m being too particular about semantics here (as a Tulane fan does) but who are we buying those tickets from? Ourselves? How does that work? Do the AAC championship tickets get vended by a 3rd party to prevent denying access to the visitors?
I’m guessing there’s some league requirements for number of tickets available. I also find it smart that they are keeping prices at regular levels to sell more.
Tulane Greenbackers

Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Conference owns the game and ultimately vends the tickets. Participants are agents.

Technically student fees for athletics go for “scheduled” home games so CCG is not included. No different than an in season road game where a traveling student has to buy the ticket from the home school.

This is a real cash expense for Dannen but no doubt some/much of the money will be roundtripped to Tulane as an appearance share of proceeds and game operating expenses and such.

For those who have been to the past few home games, the student enthusiasm has been off the charts and at least in first half, game affecting.

If you want Tulane to have a real home field advantage, this move is critical. Otherwise we would have 6000 students at tailgating at Diboll and Boot and frats and 800 at game.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

Thanks for the info. Dumb question with a smart answer. It’s the Tulanian way
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Baywave1 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:28 pmIf you want Tulane to have a real home field advantage, this move is critical. Otherwise we would have 6000 students at tailgating at Diboll and Boot and frats and 800 at game.
I'm more concerned about half of the student end zone being full of UCF fans.

Seriously, I'd rather Tulane fans buy up every ticket available, stubhub and seatgeek and all, even if they don't freaking show up... I'd rather have the stadium 3/4 full than have it be 50% UCF fans.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

PeteRasche wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:44 pm
Baywave1 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:28 pmIf you want Tulane to have a real home field advantage, this move is critical. Otherwise we would have 6000 students at tailgating at Diboll and Boot and frats and 800 at game.
I'm more concerned about half of the student end zone being full of UCF fans.

Seriously, I'd rather Tulane fans buy up every ticket available, stubhub and seatgeek and all, even if they don't freaking show up... I'd rather have the stadium 3/4 full than have it be 50% UCF fans.
Last time my section was probably 60% UCF fans. I’m hoping that they decide to wait for the NY6 game they are so sure they will make.

Btw, my daughters got a pic with Pratt tonight at the Wilson Center. I told them they have something in common with Tulane HOF’er Pete Rasche!
Tulane Greenbackers

Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Very good point. How many fans have coin and vacation time to visit New Orleans in November and December and Dallas in January plus potential family holiday outings at Thanksgiving and Xmas. They aren’t putting that much debt on credit cards in this economic environment. We truly have a chance to flip the crowd for a rematch

If by some chance Bulls channel their inner Navy and beat UCF, Cindy fans will not travel to NOLA. We will probably have a good home field advantage against UCF. We would have a great one against UC. I doubt they would bring 2000 total including team, band, staff, hangers on, groupies and fans.

Travel distances and costs matter compounded by compressed decision time. Houston or Memphis as drivable would be different. We need to take advantage of this luck and fill the stadium with Tulane folk
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

They're one of the largest universities in America. They can have different fans at each of the games and still outnumber us if we don't make a concerted effort.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

No, definitely be that guy.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

PeteRasche wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:34 pm They're one of the largest universities in America. They can have different fans at each of the games and still outnumber us if we don't make a concerted effort.
I know we have a group of us coming down for the game. And a bunch of friends in New Orleans coming. I think Tulane fans will definitely show up.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

PeteRasche wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:34 pm They're one of the largest universities in America. They can have different fans at each of the games and still outnumber us if we don't make a concerted effort.
Sorry , Friend, but I will take that bet this minute, next hour , tomorrow and until the cows come home.

I will guarantee that UCF brings fewer fans than they did two weeks ago and that includes the band.

Yes UCF has. 70,000 students. Their parents also have credit cards and will not pay for two trips to NOLA, Cotton Bowl and family travel for one or two holidays within a span of six weeks. Plus whatever you spend for CMAS gifts and cash to stuff red envelopes. Florida ain’t that prosperous and credit card debt matters.

This is the discretionary spending that doesn’t make the budget cut especially in a three or four day decision window starting tomorrow night

As noted above, these arrogant people are saving the coin for the Cotton Bowl they are entitled to attend
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

What I'm saying, bay, is there are enough of them that completely different people would attend each of the three games you mention and still be large numbers. Nobody would have to shell out for 2 or 3 games. They could send 10,000 different people to Yulman than the people they sent last game and it could be totally different people from 50,000 they could send to a bowl game. They spit our like 10x the alumni we do every year and theirs are much more likely engaged with football from a long period of success. It's a huge part of why they got a Big 12 bid. That said, I do expect there will be less of them next week because there will be more of us "first".

Yesterday after the game we were making friends with UC fans by bringing up our mutual hatred of UCF. They all agreed they'd happily root for the Wave next week but we all agreed it would make everyone happiest if UCF's final send-off from the AAC was a devastating loss to USF (plus obviously that would give Cincy a chance to be in the game).

BTW, if y'all noticed, they clarified on ABC at halftime of our game that if UCF loses and Houston wins, apparently Houston gets in.
I believe this is because of the wording where "one team wins the final weekend to reach the tie and the other loses to reach the tie". It apparently would not go to poll rankings. So the only way we play Cincy again is if both UCF and Houston lose.
Hannibal Heyes
Navigator Level

Post by Hannibal Heyes »

PeteRasche wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:43 amBTW, if y'all noticed, they clarified on ABC at halftime of our game that if UCF loses and Houston wins, apparently Houston gets in.
I believe this is because of the wording where "one team wins the final weekend to reach the tie and the other loses to reach the tie". It apparently would not go to poll rankings. So the only way we play Cincy again is if both UCF and Houston lose.
In the case of a two-way tie between Houston and Cincinnati, the CCG participant is decided by the computer polls. Pretty sure Cincy will be higher in those polls.

"6.4.2.If one of the tied teams was ranked in the latest available CFP Selection Committee rankings and loses in the final weekend of regular season Conference play, then a composite average of selected computer rankings (Anderson & Hester, Billingsley, Colley and Wolfe) will be used to determine the Championship Game participants;"

http://theamerican.org/documents/2020/1 ... proved.pdf
Don't believe anything you read on the internet, including this post.