Football thanks band, cheer and Shockwave with a pizza party

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
waverider
Cornerstone

Football thanks band, cheer and Shockwave with a pizza party

Post by waverider »

For their support in Houston. A few guys from the team delivered pizzas after band practice tonight.

https://twitter.com/greenwavefb/status/ ... -YnD87WVpw
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Wavefan
Coach Level

Re: Football thanks band, cheer and Shockwave with a pizza party

Post by Wavefan »

Very good to hear.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

During most of my years in the band coinciding with late stage Toledo-early stage CJ malaise, I could NEVER picture something like this. It can't be overstated how much this gesture means. The extent of our TUMB-Football relationship most seasons went like this:

-CBT/CJ would show up once during a band camp dinner to give a stump speech about school spirit
-Players were pretty distant when we mingled at pep rallies and occasionally mocked the more introverted kids for trying to come out of their shells
-more often than not the team would not stay postgame for the alma mater after losses

Going from that... to this. My heart is full. Culture is built, brick by brick, by the individual. Bringing these kids back into the fold, even if most of them weren't passionate fans when they arrived here or don't really know what a football is, generates fans for life.
Poseidon
President's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

1309th WAVE wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:58 pm During most of my years in the band coinciding with late stage Toledo-early stage CJ malaise, I could NEVER picture something like this. It can't be overstated how much this gesture means. The extent of our TUMB-Football relationship most seasons went like this:

-CBT/CJ would show up once during a band camp dinner to give a stump speech about school spirit
-Players were pretty distant when we mingled at pep rallies and occasionally mocked the more introverted kids for trying to come out of their shells
-more often than not the team would not stay postgame for the alma mater after losses

Going from that... to this. My heart is full. Culture is built, brick by brick, by the individual. Bringing these kids back into the fold, even if most of them weren't passionate fans when they arrived here or don't really know what a football is, generates fans for life.
...even Holgs stayed for the Alamance matter after Houston's lost to us last.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy