Your favorite play in the Houston game

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Your favorite play in the Houston game

Post by PeteRasche »

If it makes anyone feel any better (I know, it doesn't), but it seems most of sportsdom feels how we do about the Judge cut-ins... there is a thing going on social media where people are taking clips of historic sporting events and cutting in right before the crucial play with footage of Judge being intentionally walked, then returning back to the original event right after the huge thing happened. It's actually pretty amusing.
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

PeteRasche wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:00 pm If it makes anyone feel any better (I know, it doesn't), but it seems most of sportsdom feels how we do about the Judge cut-ins... there is a thing going on social media where people are taking clips of historic sporting events and cutting in right before the crucial play with footage of Judge being intentionally walked, then returning back to the original event right after the huge thing happened. It's actually pretty amusing.
I didn't mind the cut ins, but I don't know why they had to switch audio. Switch to audio (and go full screen) if he pops it out, but keep the audio (and the vibe) on the game we all tuned in to watch.

Also, choosing to not cut back as they checked the pitcher out for an injury during our game winning driave was :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Marathon Wave
President's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

WaveProf wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:18 pm
PeteRasche wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:00 pm If it makes anyone feel any better (I know, it doesn't), but it seems most of sportsdom feels how we do about the Judge cut-ins... there is a thing going on social media where people are taking clips of historic sporting events and cutting in right before the crucial play with footage of Judge being intentionally walked, then returning back to the original event right after the huge thing happened. It's actually pretty amusing.
I didn't mind the cut ins, but I don't know why they had to switch audio. Switch to audio (and go full screen) if he pops it out, but keep the audio (and the vibe) on the game we all tuned in to watch.

Also, choosing to not cut back as they checked the pitcher out for an injury during our game winning driave was :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:
Also, after he whiffs on third strike, do we need to see slo-mo replay from two different angles? He missed the frickin' ball. Return to football.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
Marathon Wave
President's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

Pass from Horton to Druce with a bit over a minute left in game. Third & 8. Good pocket presence and delivered a strike on the numbers, er, number. Fourth down would have been real tough.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Marathon Wave wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:37 pm

Also, after he whiffs on third strike, do we need to see slo-mo replay from two different angles? He missed the frickin' ball. Return to football.
Well, he just did it. I hope the ECU broadcast isn’t interrupted by The Quest For 63.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

It's no contest for me. it can only be The Play at the end.

hon. mention on the Darius Hodges sack in the 1st half. Even after missing the snap by pointing out an uncalled false start, hesitating to begin his rush because a whistle-like sound is heard (listen closely to that part, he lets up like the play is dead), and THEN getting in gear, beating the tackle, and completing the play. a microcosm of the Wave's mentality this season.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

long green wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:48 pm
Marathon Wave wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:37 pm

Well, he just did it. I hope the ECU broadcast isn’t interrupted by The Quest For 63.
At least a lot of us won’t have to worry about that.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson