Wave wins! Wave wins!

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Re: Wave wins! Wave wins!

Post by Baywave1 »

I can’t remember a comparable win where Tulane beat a decent team on the road with a third string QB.

Horton won back to back state championships in a high classification in Texas. That’s 10 (12?) consecutive lose and you’re done wins. So he certainly was prepared for pressure.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

long green wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:49 pm We Davis Brin’d ‘em!
Makes the loss last week hurt even more
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Two other quick notes:

Houston student section stayed the entire game and was very loud.

One of Fritz’s mantras this year has been “In the red zone, they score three, we score seven.” It mattered tonight.

Great turnout from players’ families. Hope Horton’s came down from Carthage
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

windywave wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:57 pm
Why? It may be like Rice loss in 1979 after beating Stanford and Elway. kah-kah happens. Team didn’t let last week tank its effort tonight.
GauWave
Navigator Level

Post by GauWave »

Remember the Wave's last play miracle Win v Hou in Yulman? Cougars must be thinking twice, after tonight.
IM42lane
Breaker Level

Post by IM42lane »

windywave wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:57 pm
????????
A.S. Madere ("Pete")
2005 Dennis Drive
Hammond, LA 70401-1519

Email: IM42lane@yahoo.com
GauWave
Navigator Level

Post by GauWave »

Play of the game: 1st was QB Horton's first roll out TD throw, a pro play. His 2nd for the Win in OT, ditto. Nuff said. But Wave D won it, as well.
GauWave
Navigator Level

Post by GauWave »

Roll WAVE!
G-wave
Navigator Level

Post by G-wave »

Now comes the real question how long will Pratt Ibeita be out ? Just read Pratt has a AC Joint injury that could take 4 weeks to heal. Down to one Qb again.
Carolina Greenie
Breaker Level

Post by Carolina Greenie »

We were Stuart Mandel’s upset special. 😃
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Poseidon wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:51 pm
Yankeewave wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:22 pm I didn’t think the D would be good this year and thought the progress last year was from playing bad offenses later in the year. Good job by the DC. Clearly has upped his game and the talent level.
We have yet to play a top 40 passing team. ECU will be close. But Tulsa, SMU, and Cincinnati will be the real challenges.

The defense tackles better than any have seen in a long time.
To be fair, UH may not be good this season, but last year we included them in the “better” offenses we played and they have a senior QB and were pretty good offensively last year. I know they dropped off some, but I think we are okay saying our defense is pretty good.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

G-wave wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:38 pm Now comes the real question how long will Pratt Ibeita be out ? Just read Pratt has a AC Joint injury that could take 4 weeks to heal. Down to one Qb again.
We can win the next few games with Horton. He’ll get first team reps if the coaches think Pratt can’t go. I think Ibieta may have played his last snaps as a Green Wave.

I’ve heard that Pratt’s injury isn’t too bad, but if he has to miss a couple games I’m okay with Horton and our defense.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

Poseidon
President's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

waverider wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:48 pm
Poseidon wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:51 pm
Yankeewave wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:22 pm I didn’t think the D would be good this year and thought the progress last year was from playing bad offenses later in the year. Good job by the DC. Clearly has upped his game and the talent level.
We have yet to play a top 40 passing team. ECU will be close. But Tulsa, SMU, and Cincinnati will be the real challenges.

The defense tackles better than any have seen in a long time.
To be fair, UH may not be good this season, but last year we included them in the “better” offenses we played and they have a senior QB and were pretty good offensively last year. I know they dropped off some, but I think we are okay saying our defense is pretty good.
Yeah, our defense is pretty good so far. Im coming froma a place of very guarded optimism not pessimism.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Nick Anderson made the play of the game. His hustle on the Tune scoop and score was unbelievable. They should run that tape over and over.

Anderson and Dorian combined for 25 tackles tonight. If you add the 8 tackles by Brooks, 33 tackles by the three of them. I really like Tylo Phillips. Plays hard and gets penetration. These guys will be tough to replace, but Platt and Machado can certainly hold their own.

I really liked what I saw from our QB’s tonight. Especially no picks. Ibieta looked terrific on that first drive. I really hope his injury is not serious. Horton was so clutch down the stretch. No interceptions, and kept his eye’s downfield. I know most on here don’t want to hear QB controversy, but we will see over the next 2-3 weeks.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

tjtlja wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:01 am Nick Anderson made the play of the game. His hustle on the Tune scoop and score was unbelievable. They should run that tape over and over.

Anderson and Dorian combined for 25 tackles tonight. If you add the 8 tackles by Brooks, 33 tackles by the three of them. I really like Tylo Phillips. Plays hard and gets penetration. These guys will be tough to replace, but Platt and Machado can certainly hold their own.

I really liked what I saw from our QB’s tonight. Especially no picks. Ibieta looked terrific on that first drive. I really hope his injury is not serious. Horton was so clutch down the stretch. No interceptions, and kept his eye’s downfield. I know most on here don’t want to hear QB controversy, but we will see over the next 2-3 weeks.
I don’t think we have a controversy as long as Pratt is healthy, but I feel good about Horton as #2.
Tulane Greenbackers

wavedom
President's Circle

Post by wavedom »

austxwave wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:25 pm Where was this team last week? Well played by the D...still wish we had a little more pressure from the D-Line. Horton played better than you would expect for not getting any reps during the week. He throws a nice pass. Great play by the rb's picking up blitzes.

I'm in complete shock!
Horton got the second team reps all week.
We deserve so much better
wavedom
President's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Roller wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:37 pm
AO Sig wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:35 pm
WaveProf wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:31 pm
AO Sig wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:26 pm
I hope Ibieta recovers quickly; but I certainly feel a lot better after seeing Horton's incredible performance!
I've personally thought Horton should be 2nd string for a while, but understood why he wasn't. After tonight there should be no doubt.
I don't disagree, but we need to have two reasonably healthy QB's. The announcers made it sound that there was no one else on the bench when Horton put his helmet on.
The cameraman homed in on Haggard when Ibieta went down, so there was some sense that he was available ahead of Horton.
The cameraman just didn't know anything about Tulane's team and saw him throwing so he honed in on him.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

waverider wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:06 am
tjtlja wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:01 am Nick Anderson made the play of the game. His hustle on the Tune scoop and score was unbelievable. They should run that tape over and over.

I don’t think we have a controversy as long as Pratt is healthy, but I feel good about Horton as #2.
We will have a controversy if Ibieta and Horton continue to play well. Pratt is not the same guy. The tuck and run has the coaches very concerned and the interceptions are a real issue. We will see.

The Wave played three true freshman tonight - Love, Hamilton, and Bauman
wavedom
President's Circle

Post by wavedom »

WaveProf wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:44 pm
Marathon Wave wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:42 pm
WaveProf wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:31 pm
AO Sig wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:26 pm
I hope Ibieta recovers quickly; but I certainly feel a lot better after seeing Horton's incredible performance!
I've personally thought Horton should be 2nd string for a while, but understood why he wasn't. After tonight there should be no doubt.
Did you forget?
Justin got us down to the 5 when he got hurt.
Missed FG.
He had moved the team well.
After a week to prep vs coming in cold? Puhlease.
He didn't come in cold. He was getting the second team reps all week.
wavedom
President's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Everyone loves to focus on offense. This team goes as far as our defense takes them . The offense and ST's just need to be decent and the D will take care of the rest. Hats off to them The first two opponents were such a joke you couldn't make anything out of it but at this point there is no doubt the defense is for real. Always fun to beat the dirtbags.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

In case anyone forgot, that was on national television.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

Wow, what a performance. This team is for real. Fritz is getting maximum effort out these guys. Last week was a classic trap game. Horton may be our new QB.he just scratched the surface tonight. I’m not sure Pratt drives us down to tie the game at the end. Spears is incredible. Best player on the field tonight.Defense is incredible. 100% effort on every play. Made Houston earn every yard. We can win the rest of our games with an effort like that every week.
What a night. Wave wins, and The Braves beat deGrom!
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
Sophandros
Regent's Circle

Post by Sophandros »

Johnny Mac wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:00 pm I was able to start watching with 8 minutes to play in the 3rd.. and by "start watching" I mean I had the phone on my magnetic holder in the car and was unfortunately listening to Beth Mowins with an occasional glance at the screen depending on where I was on the road. I got to watch all of overtime at home.

Glad you boys were able to bring this win in for us without any of my help until OT.

Wavedom is now in charge of juju threads until further notice.
I was watching on my phone with my earbuds in because for some reason ESPN won't let me stream on my laptop but is OK with doing it on my phone, citing geographic reasons.

I've had a few hours of sleep and am about to head to the tube for what looks to be a long but enjoyable day. And yes, I'm repping Tulane today!
Sports Talk radio and most sports message boards are the killing fields of intellectual discourse.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Very clearly we have to make sure Soph is far from home every time we play Houston.
(....... though that might not be a while now, which is fine)

My teams won on Thursday and Friday. What the heck do I do with my weekend? :lol:
(War Eagle?)
sprout1550
Coach Level

Post by sprout1550 »

PeteRasche wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:49 am Very clearly we have to make sure Soph is far from home every time we play Houston.
(....... though that might not be a while now, which is fine)

My teams won on Thursday and Friday. What the heck do I do with my weekend? :lol:
(War Eagle?)
HAHA! Yes, pull for Auburn!