Observation on today’s sec news

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Wavefan
Coach Level

Observation on today’s sec news

Post by Wavefan »

Today the sec announced only conference games will be played in 2020 football. On September 26 Tulane was scheduled to play at Mississippi state. Also on September 26 usm was to play at Auburn.

Unless the aac goes to a conference only schedule I wouldn’t mind hosting usm that day at yulman.

Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Re: Observation on today’s sec news

Post by Yankeewave »

I am sure we will have to go to an all American schedule. i would rather watch an all conference schedule than USM or other CUSA teams. there aren't going to be bowls so not like we need to get to 6 wins with rent a wins (not saying USM is such but in general.

windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Yankeewave wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:40 am
I am sure we will have to go to an all American schedule. i would rather watch an all conference schedule than USM or other CUSA teams. there aren't going to be bowls so not like we need to get to 6 wins with rent a wins (not saying USM is such but in general.
What he said
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count

Bham Wave
Coach Level

Post by Bham Wave »

I agree. AAC will follow shortly I would have to imagine.

With 10 game only in conference schedule a lot of SEC schools are going to be very unhappy with their records when they can’t pad them with rent a win games.
Roll Wave Roll!!!

waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

If there was ever a year to forego conference games and play regional games, this is it. I don’t see how Missouri traveling to play at Miss St is any safer than Tulane taking a bus there to play.

IF, we were going to play the full schedule then I would play them but flip it to a home game as alluded to above.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson