Good Vibrations for game 1, Oklahoma

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Re: Good Vibrations for game 1, Oklahoma

Post by ml wave »

So, it seems that I have lost the battle but won the war. Of course, but for '54 starting this thread it seems obvious that we would have defeated OU. Per the terms of our deal, '54 is no longer allowed to start juju/vibrations threads. In a gentlemanly show of good faith, I will start one for our next opponent so that he and others may have a repository for their pictures.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Sorry, ml, but there is NO AGREEMENT ABOUT MY DISCONTINUING THE "VIBRATIONS" THREAD, YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO STATED THAT THESE THREADS SHOULD BE DISCONTINUED. LAST TIME I CHECKED, YOU ARE NOT A MOD.

Onward to Morgan St.

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:21 pm Sorry, ml, but there is NO AGREEMENT ABOUT MY DISCONTINUING THE "VIBRATIONS" THREAD, YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO STATED THAT THESE THREADS SHOULD BE DISCONTINUED. LAST TIME I CHECKED, YOU ARE NOT A MOD.

Onward to Morgan St.

Fan since '54
Sorry, but by starting the thread for game 1 you accepted the terms of the deal. Since we subsequently lost that game (and boy, don't you think we'd have pulled it out with just a tiny bit less juju/vibrations?), you can no longer start the juju/vibrations threads.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

I did no such thing be starting a thread for game one. Especially since you are the who voiced this opinion. I will return to my duty of continuing to start the "Vibrations" for the forseeable future. Therefore...Roll Wave. Beat the Bears!!!

Fan since '54
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:51 pm I did no such thing be starting a thread for game one. Especially since you are the who voiced this opinion. I will return to my duty of continuing to start the "Vibrations" for the forseeable future. Therefore...Roll Wave. Beat the Bears!!!

Fan since '54
It's not an opinion, it actually happened. From January:
That said, I'm willing to make a once and for all good faith offer...you start the thread for our next football game. If we win, you can carry on with your threads and I won't say another negative word about juju/vibrations. If we lose, you don't start the threads any more (as yet another gesture of good faith, I'd be willing to start them if it makes you feel better).
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

I made no such agreement to that offer. Period---Full stop. I am still the author of the "Good Vibrations" threads.

Fan since '54
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:13 am I made no such agreement to that offer. Period---Full stop. I am still the author of the "Good Vibrations" threads.

Fan since '54
I thought these were places for us to all come together and post our support, so in a way, we are all the authors of the vibrations.

Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

gerryb323 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:16 am
Fan Since '54 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:13 am I made no such agreement to that offer. Period---Full stop. I am still the author of the "Good Vibrations" threads.

Fan since '54
I thought these were places for us to all come together and post our support, so in a way, we are all the authors of the vibrations.

Feel it. Feel it.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Fan since '54
You started the thread for Game 1, thereby agreeing.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Sorry, but you are WRONG...NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU SAY IT.

Roll Wave...Beat the Rebs.

Fan since '54
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:55 pm Sorry, but you are WRONG...NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU SAY IT.

Roll Wave...Beat the Rebs.

Fan since '54
Sorry, I don't make the rules here. The deal was for you to start the thread for week 1 and you did. Facts are facts. Also facts are that we are 0-1 with you starting and 1-0 with me starting. And that's just this year...going back further would only look worse for you.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

i don't make the rules here either. I just do my best to have fun on the forum cheering for my favorite college football team, which I have been a fan for 67 years, which I guess shows something about my affection for my favorite college football on this forum, when I was the THIRD one who signed up for a spot on the list of those on this forum.

Fan since '54
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:10 pm i don't make the rules here either. I just do my best to have fun on the forum cheering for my favorite college football team, which I have been a fan for 67 years, which I guess shows something about my affection for my favorite college football on this forum, when I was the THIRD one who signed up for a spot on the list of those on this forum.

Fan since '54
look man, we are 1-0 with ml doing the vibrations thread.. if we lose Saturday, don't post one for UAB

I'm pretty superstitious, case in point, I started growing a beard to mess with my wife when she comes home from the hospital... well, I didn't factor in being able to see her in the rehab wing, so she saw the beard and my joke was over... I was going to shave it off on Sunday.. my daughter wouldn't let me... so then the Saints won.. so now I can't shave the beard off until the Saints lose a game. That being said, ml had the "mojo" with vibration threads.. and if we lose to Ole Miss, I am blaming you.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

I doubt seriously that these threads matter one way or another, no matter who posts them. Superstitions have no science behind them, although I do admit that I was somewhat superstitious when my sons pitched a baseball game. I'd just as soon see these things go away because they create boring conversation. But, hey, that's just me. If the Saints can overcome having their stadium built over a graveyard, Tulane can overcome juju threads. Just MHO.
Plan your work, work your plan.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Rotorooter wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:01 am I doubt seriously that these threads matter one way or another, no matter who posts them. Superstitions have no science behind them
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Had this forum/thread been around in 1998, I would have been elected king of the world. And ML would not have had one word of opposition to any "vibrations" thread and would have probably be using his real initials. And thanks to those of you who understand that these threads are not about winning or losing, but offer a way of showing your support for your favorite college football program. Roll Wave.

And yea, I know, we're playing Ole Miss this weekend. :roll:

Fan since '54
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

gerryb323 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:23 am
Rotorooter wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:01 am I doubt seriously that these threads matter one way or another, no matter who posts them. Superstitions have no science behind them
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:56 am Had this forum/thread been around in 1998, I would have been elected king of the world. And ML would not have had one word of opposition to any "vibrations" thread and would have probably be using his real initials. And thanks to those of you who understand that these threads are not about winning or losing, but offer a way of showing your support for your favorite college football program. Roll Wave.

Fan since '54
couple things

1. there is a good chance a juju thread in 98 could have fcuked up our perfect season.. so don't pat yourself on the back for something that didn't happen

2. us being on the forum and posting at all shows we support our favorite college football (athletics actually) program

bonus thing... I'm honestly just amusing myself with this juju vibrations argument crap.. but I am superstitious and would have liked to have seen if ml could have pulled off two in a row if he started the Ole Miss vibrations thread... but you screwed that up by posting before he had a chance... now we'll never know
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Rotorooter wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:01 am I doubt seriously that these threads matter one way or another, no matter who posts them. Superstitions have no science behind them, although I do admit that I was somewhat superstitious when my sons pitched a baseball game. I'd just as soon see these things go away because they create boring conversation. But, hey, that's just me. If the Saints can overcome having their stadium built over a graveyard, Tulane can overcome juju threads. Just MHO.
It took the Saints 40 years!!! We don't have that kind of time!
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:56 am Had this forum/thread been around in 1998, I would have been elected king of the world. And ML would not have had one word of opposition to any "vibrations" thread and would have probably be using his real initials. And thanks to those of you who understand that these threads are not about winning or losing, but offer a way of showing your support for your favorite college football program. Roll Wave.

Fan since '54
Yeah, funny how that works, there were no juju/vibrations threads in 1998 and we went 12-0. Weird.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

There were no internet-based juju threads in 1979 when we beat LSU. At the same time there were none in '76 when we were 2-9, or in '77 when we went 3-8.

Of course maybe that was because the internet did not exist... who knows- we might have done better in those early Larry Smith era if we could have started threads. Calling Al Gore...
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

ml wave wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:00 pm

Fan since '54
Yeah, funny how that works, there were no juju/vibrations threads in 1998 and we went 12-0. Weird.
ALERT!!!

Yeah, but ml, with juju/vibrations we'd have gotten more votes, invited to bigger bowl, and named National Champs!
ALERT!!!

SARCASM!

SARCASM!
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.