Good vibrations for Game 2, Morgan State

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
ForeverTU
Regent's Circle

Re: Good vibrations for Game 2, Morgan State

Post by ForeverTU »

I’ll be making the drive down from Nashville. Hope to see a few folks there.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

As far as avoiding the hurricane in Slidell, my wife's Nephew and family live in Slidell, but in a "fairly new area of Slidell", and at their home we did not actually lose power to the hurricane at any point in time, nor was there any flooding at any point in time. So as long as a "Katrina" type hurricane does not show up near that part of SE Louisiana, we feel "more than safe" at their home. :thumbsup:

Fan since '54
Last edited by Fan Since '54 on Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

gerryb323 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:34 am
Marathon Wave wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:00 am
Fan Since '54 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:47 pm Thanks for picking up the slack this week vs Morgan State while I was avoiding the hurricane at a friend's abode on the North Shore. A game we "should" be able to push our record to 1-1. But I shall be back at my regular job next week vs the Rebels of Ole Miss. Roll Wave...beat the Bears.

Fan since '54
North shore not very far to go to avoid a hurricane. All my friends over there lost power. Hope you did better.
At least it's mostly above sea level though!
Yep. But no power not fun. 110 heat index, hmmmm. Don't think I'll evacuate here.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

ForeverTU wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:20 am I’ll be making the drive down from Nashville. Hope to see a few folks there.
I'll wear a "Greenbackers" T-shirt.
MOVING ON UP!
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:49 am As far as avoiding the hurricane in Slidell, my wife's Nephew and family live in Slidell, but in a "fairly new area of Slidell", and at their home we did not actually lose power to the hurricane at any point in time, nor was there any fludding at any point in time. So as long as a "Katrina" type hurricane does not show up near that part of SE Louisiana, we feel "more than safe" at their home. :thumbsup:

Fan since '54
You were very lucky. Didn't know there were any "new" areas of Slidell.
MOVING ON UP!
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

I hate to bring up shutouts again, but fearthewave's newsletter pointed out something I didn't realize. We haven't shut a team out since 1997 vs Army. That's a really long streak that would be a nice bonus to break this week
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

He's wrong if he said that but still a bit right. Later that year we shut out ULL 56-0.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

I wish Guerry S hadn’t started this stuff. It smacks of “I’m going to hit TWO homeruns today to cure Little Freddie Fan’s polio. “

What are we supposed to do? Whine about a neutral site easy win?

If they play well and play everybody, I don’t care if it’s not a shut out smack down.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:42 am I hate to bring up shutouts again, but fearthewave's newsletter pointed out something I didn't realize. We haven't shut a team out since 1997 vs Army. That's a really long streak that would be a nice bonus to break this week
Which is what led to my comments about hoping for a shutout, which people misinterpreted somehow as me saying it would be some massive letdown if we didn't get one. How often we get down near the end and we're winning by 40 or 50 and all we have left to root for is a shutout... and the opponent scores and we're disappointed... not crushed or angry but just like "dang, that was the only thing we had left to make this interesting". That happened at least once or twice against FCS teams in the past decade, I'm not gonna spend the time to go back and look at which ones it was, but I would not be surprised if that was what happens Saturday.

On the other hand I could see Morgan State scoring first on some fluke play which would make the whole thing moot... 8)

Still not concerned about us being threatened in this game. I think we have the coaching and the personnel that we will win handily.
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

I'm personally hoping there are more fans in the stadium than the O/U.
MOVING ON UP!
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Johnny Mac wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:08 pm what are you doing? I thought we outlawed these
Nobody would be happier than me if that were the case, but since it seems that we only lose when '54 starts them I thought I'd be the bigger man.
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:42 am I hate to bring up shutouts again, but fearthewave's newsletter pointed out something I didn't realize. We haven't shut a team out since 1997 vs Army. That's a really long streak that would be a nice bonus to break this week
Well then, since I will be there in person, I will pull for the shutout - and I can say "I was there". Shutouts are always cool (when your team's doing the pitching), but I won't be upset....unless we look sloppy.
MOVING ON UP!
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

44.5 point favorite in this one
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

O/U is reported elsewhere at 58.5. My inclination is take the under. No view on spread
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Baywave1 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:24 pm O/U is reported elsewhere at 58.5. My inclination is take the under. No view on spread
Spread is maybe a touch low. If you like it, grab it now. If we get out to a fast start, like we hope, that total should rise in live betting. That's the prime time to hammer the under as we will almost certainly be pulling starters after half
Coach Level

Post by 1401973 »

That may be right Bay but my very strong inclination would be to stay away. I think this could be like a usl of 1997 and 49-0 at half. Or we could sleepwalk the first half and be up 28-14.
I think we should be working the ground game this week for the benefit of the rest of the year and as not to show Old Pee too much.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Mr Nunbas, no strong view On these odds although Outlaw raises a very interesting half time opportunity for potential action.

Meanwhile I remember the 1974 USL game. USL was worst team in America in 1973 so I gave my Cajun friend 50 points. He forgot to tell me Rafael Septien just walked on at USL and it took a Falgout buzzer beater for Tulane to win straight up.

I was the bridge jumper that night.

Tomorrow I’m just chasing the shade in Legion Field and expecting a very happy result. No need to stop in Biloxi on the drive over
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:22 pm 44.5 point favorite in this one
99.8% win chance. I think that was our chance on the last play of the game vs Tulsa 2020

https://www.espn.com/college-football/g ... /401301000
Victory is never permanent
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

OGSB wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:28 pm I think that was our chance on the last play of the game vs Tulsa 2020
You need to STFU right now.