Tulane Baseball on CBS Sports Network

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
CletusRelm
Navigator Level

Tulane Baseball on CBS Sports Network

Post by CletusRelm »

TU will have at least 3 (possibly 4) games on the CBS sports network this year. (most of any AAC team)

April 25 - LSU at Tulane
April 26 - NC State at ECU
April 20 - Tulane at ECU
May 13 - Houston at Tulane
May 20 - USF at UCF
May 23 - Game 1 AAC Conference Tournament
May 23 - Game 2 AAC Conference Tournament
CletusRelm
Navigator Level

Re: Tulane Baseball on CBS Sports Network

Post by CletusRelm »

My typing is not the best. (sorry)

April 30 - Tulane at ECU
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

You're doing fine, Cletus, and are always appreciated.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

CletusRelm wrote:My typing is not the best. (sorry)

April 30 - Tulane at ECU
Were you aware that you can go back and edit your own posts? Just select the "Edit" button below the message box, at bottom right.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

All of this at the same time as there is a thread going on about everyone switching to online "cable" packages that don't include CBSSN! :mrgreen:
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

WaveProf wrote:All of this at the same time as there is a thread going on about everyone switching to online "cable" packages that don't include CBSSN! :mrgreen:
Maybe time to rethink the 'package'. Maybe CBSSN can be added ??
CletusRelm
Navigator Level

Post by CletusRelm »

Thanks for the info Roller, but I do not see an "Edit" option below the message board.

PLEASE HELP :?

I take that back roller. The "Edit" option comes up immediately after u make the post. :o
Wavery
Navigator Level

Post by Wavery »

Hasn't Cox added games with ULL, Southeastern and UNO in recent years?
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

CletusRelm wrote:Thanks for the info Roller, but I do not see an "Edit" option below the message board.

PLEASE HELP :?

I take that back roller. The "Edit" option comes up immediately after u make the post. :o
Yeah, you'll only see that button on your OWN posts. Only Mods can edit the posts of other people.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

Wavery wrote:Hasn't Cox added games with ULL, Southeastern and UNO in recent years?
I know at least the SLU and UNO games were last year.

When's ESPN3 gonna get down here and cover some of our "meaningless midweek games"?
Tulane49
Navigator Level

Post by Tulane49 »

Remember when watching on TV to turn down the volume and tune into the voice of Tulane on the radio
No one has the passion for Tulane baseball like Graff
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Tulane49 wrote:Remember when watching on TV to turn down the volume and tune into the voice of Tulane on the radio
No one has the passion for Tulane baseball like Graff
Depends on which way the delay is. Don't like hearing it before I see it happen!
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Virtually impossible to sync when you are streaming both, the delays are typically significantly longer on TV and there's not a radio stream DVR you can pause.. .
Wavery
Navigator Level

Post by Wavery »

Is there anyone out there that could do this??? Put a link here on YOGWF that records or delays the radio broadcast, then sync with the TV.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

I think WWL radio synchs their broadcast to the TV so you can listen to them during Saints games. I thought I've seen postings on here of people doing it for Tulane football games.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

waverider wrote:I think WWL radio synchs their broadcast to the TV so you can listen to them during Saints games. I thought I've seen postings on here of people doing it for Tulane football games.
Yes, if you have DVR, you can sync Tulane games when the TV picture is AHEAD of the radio signal. All you have to do is pause the video broadcast until your Graf feed catches up, and then let them play together. Unfortunately, when Graf is ahead of the TV (sometimes by several minutes!), there is no way to pause him until the picture catches up.
Also, as Pete alludes, if you are streaming the TV (like ESPN3, for instance), you don't have the ability to pause the video stream. If you don't have DVR, you're out of luck either way.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I have a way to stream Internet radio through my TV system as if it were a TV station (video just shows the channel logo floating around) but that doesn't help anyone else since no one else here has my TV system... 8)

In a similar vein, if your cable system has music channels and you have a DVR, does the music record as you are listening such that you could rewind it? If so, do any cable systems have Internet radio (iheartradio, tunein) integrated? That could do it, but I don't know if that which I describe exists.

Do commercial DVRs have any AV-in jacks besides the coax from the wall? Probably not, but if they did, maybe you could throw the audio through the DVR that way. It would be like the old days when bootlegs of concerts were made off the soundboard using a VHS VCR (audio only) simply because the tapes were 6 hours long instead of 90 minute cassettes...

Either way (mine or the imagined other) it requires streaming the game video on another device since the TV is taken by the audio.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

I love Graff on the radio, but a radio broadcast is totally different precisely because they dont imagine you being able to see. For just my .02, I don't know why anyone would want to listen to the radio while watching a game on tv (just my opinion). In fairness, TV announcers (esp for college football) tend to be idiots, so I have often watched the game with no audio at all. But I still wouldn't want a radio audio track
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

WaveProf wrote:I love Graff on the radio, but a radio broadcast is totally different precisely because they dont imagine you being able to see. For just my .02, I don't know why anyone would want to listen to the radio while watching a game on tv (just my opinion). In fairness, TV announcers (esp for college football) tend to be idiots, so I have often watched the game with no audio at all. But I still wouldn't want a radio audio track
For actual knowledge of the team you're interested in instead of the nonsense that comes from national guys.

on cable, my 2 cable boxes didn't get the game to me at the same time. and were a good bit behind the radio, so I never used the radio. with an antenna for the last 2 Saints games, the tv was a few seconds ahead of radio.
Tulane49
Navigator Level

Post by Tulane49 »

Two ways. First way a TV DVR may be needed.
1) Pause the TV to sync with the live radio.
2)If the TV is behind the live radio then go to the Tune-in Radio internet stream which is about 30 seconds behind. and sync that up with the TV. If you don't have a DVR it could be difficult.
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

MattK wrote:
WaveProf wrote:I love Graff on the radio, but a radio broadcast is totally different precisely because they dont imagine you being able to see. For just my .02, I don't know why anyone would want to listen to the radio while watching a game on tv (just my opinion). In fairness, TV announcers (esp for college football) tend to be idiots, so I have often watched the game with no audio at all. But I still wouldn't want a radio audio track
For actual knowledge of the team you're interested in instead of the nonsense that comes from national guys.

on cable, my 2 cable boxes didn't get the game to me at the same time. and were a good bit behind the radio, so I never used the radio. with an antenna for the last 2 Saints games, the tv was a few seconds ahead of radio.
Exactly, Matt. Graff provides a much deeper (and much more knowledgeable) than you get with the TV guys. He does a much better job of covering what's going on behind the choices made by the players and coaches. Wit a Graff broadcast, one comes away enriched.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

Roller wrote:
MattK wrote:

Exactly, Matt. Graff provides a much deeper (and much more knowledgeable) than you get with the TV guys. He does a much better job of covering what's going on behind the choices made by the players and coaches. Wit a Graff broadcast, one comes away enriched.
Not to mention the personal anecdotes and stories he tells for filler are all very entertaining and he doesn't go most of the game calling our starting QB the wrong name.