Toney Converse

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
bigmoneytx

Toney Converse

Post by bigmoneytx »

is "back" for a little while now actually

apparently had a tryout with the Voodoo.... Oh Toney... Oh the memories... my FR year he was a SO I think
Brad Barber ‏@darb37
Big shout out to my friend Toney Converse for getting a workout with the Voodoo this week! @DJ_Fitness @aflvoodoo

Retweeted by Derrick Joseph
FW
Cornerstone

Re: Tony Converse

Post by FW »

He was an amazing talent. He was a freshman my freshman year, and remember he picked Tulane over Nebraska and LSU among others, and this was in 97, when NU was coming off 2 national titles in the last 3 years. He had 2 very good seasons under Rich Rod, and we were set to have a potent backfield with Converse and Michael Burks, the Auburn transfer who led them in rushing in '98, but was suspended as well and never played for us. Of course, those suspensions paved the way for Mo to burst on the scene as a frosh....enough of the threadjack, glad to see Toney back.
bigmoneytx

Re: Toney Converse

Post by bigmoneytx »

http://www.tulane.edu/~athletic/FB/TU97FBBIOC.HTML
Toney Converse #23
Running Back · 5-9 · 170 · Freshman
Metairie, La. (East Jefferson High)

Prep: Rated one of top 50 recruits in Conference USA by Athlon . . . All-metro and all-state selection as a senior as a kick returner . . . Rushed for 1,104 yards on 156 carries and 10 touchdowns as a senior . . . Had 3,082 yards rushing in career . . . As a senior, returned 13 kickoffs for 38.3 average and three touchdowns and 13 punts for 19.0 average and a touchdown . . . Set school career records with 40 touchdowns and 244 points . . . Coached by Henry Rando . . . Chose Tulane over LSU, Nebraska and Illinois.

Personal: Born July 13, 1978 . . . Full name is Toney Curtis Converse . . . Parent is Elizabeth Converse.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

In the TU/LSU '98 thread...

Post by Fan Since '54 »

...the website mentions Tony Converse in the stats. I know Tony had some "issues" after he finished at Tulane. Anyone know his current status?

FS'54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
GSx
Emerald Circle

Re: In the TU/LSU '98 thread...

Post by GSx »

Fan Since '54 wrote:...the website mentions Tony Converse in the stats. I know Tony had some "issues" after he finished at Tulane. Anyone know his current status?

FS'54
Released from prison a month ago.

Looks good.
Good luck Tony. I'm rooting for you.

http://www.abc26.com/videogallery/71138 ... ports-7-17
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

Whether or not football works out for him, let's hope that he's used prison to get his life back together and can avoid falling into those same traps.
bigmoneytx

Post by bigmoneytx »

https://twitter.com/GeauxDU/status/2393 ... 80/photo/1
Dillard Athletics
‏@GeauxDU 16m

Mr. Tony Converse, former Tulane player, speaks to students at S.A.L.T. about drug and alcohol abuse #myDU pic.twitter.com/TvbjgpDR