TV jibber jabber

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Re: TV jibber jabber

Post by Marathon Wave »

Johnny Mac wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:19 pm if you wanna watch something and say "WTF did I just watch" and be addicted enough to keep watching the train wreck unfold, watch "The Guardians of Justice" (Netflix).. it's a mix of Watchmen (the movie), the Boys, Invincible and anime... I just can't.
Now I'm gonna have to give it a peek.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Marathon Wave wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:24 am As a crime-drama, you can't beat BOSCH. Seven seasons, also Amazon.
Bosch: Legacy is out now on Freevee (formerly IMDB TV)
Victory is never permanent
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

Really enjoying the final season of Better Call Saul so for. Don't want to dive into spoilers, but it's been great.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

GretnaGrn wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:43 am Really enjoying the final season of Better Call Saul so for. Don't want to dive into spoilers, but it's been great.
I agree. It’s the only show that I try to watch when it airs instead of recording or watching on an app later.
The last season of Ozark has been good. I’m stretching those out instead of binging them quickly.

I also have one episode left of The Wire which I finally decided to watch. I didn’t realize how good it was with a lot of really good characters.
I’ve heard the new show We Own this City is pretty good and based on actual cases of Baltimore police corruption and has some of the actors from The Wire in it. I may give it a try.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

waverider wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:22 pm
GretnaGrn wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:43 am Really enjoying the final season of Better Call Saul so for. Don't want to dive into spoilers, but it's been great.
I agree. It’s the only show that I try to watch when it airs instead of recording or watching on an app later.
The last season of Ozark has been good. I’m stretching those out instead of binging them quickly.

I also have one episode left of The Wire which I finally decided to watch. I didn’t realize how good it was with a lot of really good characters.
I’ve heard the new show We Own this City is pretty good and based on actual cases of Baltimore police corruption and has some of the actors from The Wire in it. I may give it a try.
Only watched the first two part episode so far. Had been so long I'd forgotten a lot of what was going on, but it was really good.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

ml wave wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:24 pm

Only watched the first two part episode so far. Had been so long I'd forgotten a lot of what was going on, but it was really good.
Be prepared for one of the best tv monologues you'll ever see coming up soon.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

I was in the same boat regarding the time between seasons so I watched the previous season again before this one started.

I’m just glad Bob Odenkirk was able to recover from the heart attack and could keep filming.
Tulane Greenbackers

Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

OGSB wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:00 pm
Marathon Wave wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:24 am As a crime-drama, you can't beat BOSCH. Seven seasons, also Amazon.
Watched two episodes....trying to stretch it out. I can catch it on Amazon Prime (but on-screen logo does show Freevee).
Enjoying it so far.
MOVING ON UP!
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Marathon Wave wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:33 pm
Watched two episodes....trying to stretch it out. I can catch it on Amazon Prime (but on-screen logo does show Freevee).
Enjoying it so far.
Amazon owns Freevee.

BTW, they also resurrected Leverage, now called Leverage: Redemption. The latest season was set and filmed in New Orleans. Noah Wyle’s character is a Tulane law grad.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

OGSB wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:22 pm
Enjoying it so far.
Amazon owns Freevee.

BTW, they also resurrected Leverage, now called Leverage: Redemption. The latest season was set and filmed in New Orleans. Noah Wyle’s character is a Tulane law grad.
My wife was almost stuck at work today as they were starting to close the street for filming as she was leaving.
Tulane Greenbackers

waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

GretnaGrn wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:41 pm
ml wave wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:24 pm

Be prepared for one of the best tv monologues you'll ever see coming up soon.
This week’s episode was really good.
Tulane Greenbackers

Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

Enjoying it so far.
wait, what??? I have been going to the Freevee website and attaching my laptop to the TV via an HDMI cable because Freevee will not cast to a Chromecast... didn't look to see if it was also on Prime since it was specifically earmarked for IMDB-TV (now Freevee)
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Johnny Mac wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:33 am
Enjoying it so far.
wait, what??? I have been going to the Freevee website and attaching my laptop to the TV via an HDMI cable because Freevee will not cast to a Chromecast... didn't look to see if it was also on Prime since it was specifically earmarked for IMDB-TV (now Freevee)
I've been able to watch other channels on the Prime app. Paramount+ and the old IMDB channel are two that I've used specifically. I've not watched Freevee, but if it's just IMDB reincarnated then I'd say Marathon is right.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:42 am
Enjoying it so far.
I've been able to watch other channels on the Prime app. Paramount+ and the old IMDB channel are two that I've used specifically. I've not watched Freevee, but if it's just IMDB reincarnated then I'd say Marathon is right.
Can confirm for the free ones, at least. And there's some other free streaming channels that also appear that way. You can also add them through a Fire Stick or Roku directly, if you prefer.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:42 am
Enjoying it so far.
most of the stuff you can watch through Prime we've got straight up.. Showtime, Paramount+, HBO (that may have gone away).. you used to be able to get a great deal on Showtime through Prime, but that went away... when I watch Freevee through my laptop it is actually through amazon.com.. so I bet I could have cast it via the chromecast since I can do Amazon Prime from my laptop to the screen that way

Anyway.. Bosch Legacy is really just season 8 of Bosch with no J Edgar or the rest of the precinct. Same writing, acting, directing.. which isn't a bad thing. Better Call Saul is great as usual. Haven't watched the Baltimore police corruption show yet.. I believe it was created by the guy who did "The Wire".

Just biding my time until Obi Wan arrives.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

I'm really looking forward to Obi Wan. I thought Ewan McGregor's portrayal of OWK was one of the stronger performances from the 2000s trilogy. The fact that Hayden Christensen is reprising his role as Vader is lagniappe. Hopefully the story is more Mando and not as slow as TBOBF.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:30 pm I'm really looking forward to Obi Wan. I thought Ewan McGregor's portrayal of OWK was one of the stronger performances from the 2000s trilogy. The fact that Hayden Christensen is reprising his role as Vader is lagniappe. Hopefully the story is more Mando and not as slow as TBOBF.
Agreed on every point.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:30 pm I'm really looking forward to Obi Wan. I thought Ewan McGregor's portrayal of OWK was one of the stronger performances from the 2000s trilogy. The fact that Hayden Christensen is reprising his role as Vader is lagniappe. Hopefully the story is more Mando and not as slow as TBOBF.
the trailer makes it look pretty action packed... but we'll see!
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

OGSB wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:22 pm
Enjoying it so far.
Amazon owns Freevee.

Loved Leverage. Will tune in.
MOVING ON UP!
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

True on all counts. Ready for it.
MOVING ON UP!
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Tokyo Vice on HBOMax has kept my interest.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

if you're a Bosch fan, The Lincoln Lawyer is now a Netflix series... David E Kelley is the show runner and he puts on some good TV.

Not sure how closely the series will be tied to the Connelly book.. but I'm going to watch.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Johnny Mac wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:46 am if you're a Bosch fan, The Lincoln Lawyer is now a Netflix series... David E Kelley is the show runner and he puts on some good TV.

Not sure how closely the series will be tied to the Connelly book.. but I'm going to watch.
Wasn't that a movie a while back? We were late to the game with Ozark, but have been enjoying that binge the last few weeks
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

gerryb323 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:51 am
Johnny Mac wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:46 am if you're a Bosch fan, The Lincoln Lawyer is now a Netflix series... David E Kelley is the show runner and he puts on some good TV.

Wasn't that a movie a while back? We were late to the game with Ozark, but have been enjoying that binge the last few weeks
it was with Matthew McConaughey (sic?).. movie was actually pretty good
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

first episode of Lincoln Lawyer was solid.. I will be streaming the rest of the series

in related news, sheet about to start getting real for ol' Hieronymus Bosch!! Just finished episode 4.