I never expected such a huge reply

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

I never expected such a huge reply

Post by Fan Since '54 »

I posted an "oldies but goodies" song on Facebook. Some of you many remember it. "Image of a Girl" by the Safaris (1960). I have never gotten so many positive replies on FB. There are 658 so far and still climing. It is still one of my alltime favorite songs. The amazing thing is that I still have my original 45rpm recording of the song. Who here remembers that great song? Any requests?

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
doncecco
President's Circle

Re: I never expected such a huge reply

Post by doncecco »

A few more than your JuJu threads? Combined?
Bring home da Wave!
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

doncecco wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:40 pm A few more than your JuJu threads? Combined?
All that I know is that if I was one of the four surviving members of the Safaris, I'd be VERY careful with my health for the next few days!!!

In seriousness, I love that era of music, but I never particularly liked the song "Image of a Girl." Give me Smokey Robinson all day long.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

WaveProf wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:05 pm
doncecco wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:40 pm A few more than your JuJu threads? Combined?
All that I know is that if I was one of the four surviving members of the Safaris, I'd be VERY careful with my health for the next few days!!!

In seriousness, I love that era of music, but I never particularly liked the song "Image of a Girl." Give me Smokey Robinson all day long.
They're no Captain Geech &the Shrimp Shack Shooters
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:40 pm
WaveProf wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:05 pm

They're no Captain Geech &the Shrimp Shack Shooters
or the Oneders (oh-need-ers)
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

I have lots of "favorite" songs from that era (showing my age here, as if my "name" here wasn't enough), and my favorite all time instrumental song is "Sleepwalk" by Santo & Johnny. And I still have that one on 45RPM also. :thumbsup:

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"