Seriuously? Naw, he didn't say this, did he? He did.

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Seriuously? Naw, he didn't say this, did he? He did.

Post by Fan Since '54 »

This is sooooooooooooo funny I had to risk it. Mods if you must, delete this post/thread. But before you would delete it, you would have to read it first. And if you read it, you'd have to admit, you laughed. :roll:

Okay, you might have expected Bluto (Animal House) to say this but a US Congressman actually said this.
The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Re: Seriuously? Naw, he didn't say this, did he? He did.

Post by WaveProf »

The guy IS an idiot. That said, after googling the video, I'm not 100% confident he was trying to say the German's bombed Pearl Harbor, but in the interviewer-talks-over-the-interviewee culture we live in, its tough to discern.....and easier for it to become a social media hey dey.

Either way, the person in question is a goofball, so I don't feel much sympathy.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

WaveProf wrote:The guy IS an idiot. That said, after googling the video, I'm not 100% confident he was trying to say the German's bombed Pearl Harbor, but in the interviewer-talks-over-the-interviewee culture we live in, its tough to discern.....and easier for it to become a social media hey dey.

Either way, the person in question is a goofball, so I don't feel much sympathy.
In the video, he said "They (the Germans, since O'Reilly had referenced them) attacked Pearl Harbor". And in fact the Germans did not declare war on the US until after 12/7/41.

In any case it is just a product of the mouth being used before the brain kicked in, and that is presuming he knows WWII history. And so many people don't now-a-days that may not be out of the question.

FS'54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

You do realize that even you had to put Germans in brackets, right?
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16