Eli's Places

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Eli's Places

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Eli Manning has a new show on ESPN+ where he's going to be interviewing college coaches and talking about all the great traditions of college football (obviously following Peyton's show where he interviews famous people). Interestingly amidst clips of him with Orgeron, Saban, etc., the commercial shows him walking with Fritz and the "Yulman Stadium" sign clearly in the background.
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Re: Eli's Places

Unread post by krewe of ham and eggs »

He must've been impressed by our helmets at the Ole Miss game
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:09 am He must've been impressed by our helmets at the Ole Miss game
I kid you not, this week's ESPN article on the "best uniforms this week" gives props to Tulane's all blues vs. Houston, but actually mentions how we pulled out Greenie a few weeks ago, and "unfortunately they aren't using him this week but the helmets still look good with the Riptide wave". So as much as we decry that situation, national "uniform watchers" still have Greenie front-of-mind.

To be clear, I'm in no way saying we should use him again. Ever. Just that it was still considered a "positive" to outsiders.
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Marathon Wave »

PeteRasche wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:24 am
krewe of ham and eggs wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:09 am He must've been impressed by our helmets at the Ole Miss game
I kid you not, this week's ESPN article on the "best uniforms this week" gives props to Tulane's all blues vs. Houston, but actually mentions how we pulled out Greenie a few weeks ago, and "unfortunately they aren't using him this week but the helmets still look good with the Riptide wave". So as much as we decry that situation, national "uniform watchers" still have Greenie front-of-mind.

To be clear, I'm in no way saying we should use him again. Ever. Just that it was still considered a "positive" to outsiders.
I hear ya. But I'd rather the entire world think we have the worst uni's - while we're also undefeated.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

Marathon Wave wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:18 am

I hear ya. But I'd rather the entire world think we have the worst uni's - while we're also undefeated.
So does, literally, everybody. But the two aren't mutually exclusive. We could have the best uniforms AND be undefeated. Or have ugly uniforms and be winless. So great uniforms is still a plus, even if we'd all prefer undefeated. Just think, we could be undefeated AND have the best uniforms!
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
SoFlaWave
Coach Level

Unread post by SoFlaWave »

PeteRasche wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:47 am Eli Manning has a new show on ESPN+ where he's going to be interviewing college coaches and talking about all the great traditions of college football (obviously following Peyton's show where he interviews famous people). Interestingly amidst clips of him with Orgeron, Saban, etc., the commercial shows him walking with Fritz and the "Yulman Stadium" sign clearly in the background.
Just watched the series so far. The Steve Spurrier segment was filmed at Yulman.
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Marathon Wave »

Marathon Wave wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:18 am
PeteRasche wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:24 am

okay. So, let's stay on top with uni's and work on the win side of the won-loss column.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.