Jack Abraham

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Jack Abraham

Post by OGSB »

Has chosen to sit out the rest of the season. The article doesn't say, but does that end his college career? Even worse for USM, 2nd string QB may not be available for their next game.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... plocalnews
Victory is never permanent
CT Wave
Coach Level

Re: Jack Abraham

Post by CT Wave »

Since the NCAA has said this is a "free" year for all players, Abraham is eligible to return next year.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Their coach is leaving, he can see they aren't going bowling, he might just be throwing in the towel to avoid potentially having a serious injury that could bother him the rest of his life. COVID safety might be involved too, who knows.
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

Unless he is injured, I don't see how he could come back next season. His teammates would look at it like he is quitting on them, if he is not hurt. That usually does not play well in the locker room.
Plan your work, work your plan.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Rotorooter wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:25 pm Unless he is injured, I don't see how he could come back next season. His teammates would look at it like he is quitting on them, if he is not hurt. That usually does not play well in the locker room.
The article said he was under concussion protocol after a hard hit against (I think) Rice. He transferred to USM from La Tech if I recall. Can he transfer again?
Victory is never permanent
CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

Do not see how he can transfer again unless he graduates. In that case, he could transfer -- a so called Grad Transfer.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

CT Wave wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:09 pm Do not see how he can transfer again unless he graduates. In that case, he could transfer -- a so called Grad Transfer.
I would think that would be his plan. Maybe he and Chase Fourcade would come join our backup QB competition. I think Lindsey Scott chose LSU for his doctoral transfer season.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Jack Abraham headed to Mississippi State to play for Mike Leach. I don’t know how much he’ll actually play.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Leach may petition his bosses for the right to begin his tenure over again. Abraham is the fourth new QB they're bringing in for '21 (2 hs guys & 2 transfers). We'll always have Paris (his first game :lol: ).
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Tanner Lee redux?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

I believe this is Abraham's third school.
Check that- he spent time in a JC, which makes it school #4.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

if nothing else, he will learn about pirates
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

waverider wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:29 pm Jack Abraham headed to Mississippi State to play for Mike Leach. I don’t know how much he’ll actually play.
Jack Abraham has entered the portal…again. He’s trying to earn a 7 page thread like some other habitual transferer we know.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:47 pm
waverider wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:29 pm Jack Abraham headed to Mississippi State to play for Mike Leach. I don’t know how much he’ll actually play.
Jack Abraham has entered the portal…again. He’s trying to earn a 7 page thread like some other habitual transferer we know.
The difference of course being that Abraham actually once committed to Tulane, whereas HWSNBN (despite garnering over 20 pages here) never actually did.
greenguy
Riptide Level

Post by greenguy »

Hopefully his bio refers to him as 'journeyman QB' like he's a 35-year old middle reliever. But good for him, keep the dream alive.
SlidellWave
Coach Level

Post by SlidellWave »

He really should transfer here so this journey could go full circle.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

This saga began in 2015: Fritz released him from our commitment list, shortly after being named head coach.
This would be his 7th season.
I guess his is the next step after transfer as you like: play as long as you want.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

How about this for mindless speculation? Scott and Abraham both come from professional families and are smart men. If they had balanced academics as aggressively as they managed football teams, one could be getting a law degree while the other finishes med school; all for free on the football dime. No student debt plus some NIL change in the jeans pockets.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Baywave1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:00 pm How about this for mindless speculation? Scott and Abraham both come from professional families and are smart men. If they had balanced academics as aggressively as they managed football teams, one could be getting a law degree while the other finishes med school; all for free on the football dime. No student debt plus some NIL change in the jeans pockets.
I'm not SURE, but I don't believe football is conducive to Law School/Med School studies
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Nat Kiefer did it. As I said it takes aggressive ambition. These two young men seem to have it
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Baywave1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:34 pm Nat Kiefer did it. As I said it takes aggressive ambition. These two young men seem to have it
There is no way a present-day, non-walk-on is carrying a Med School or Law School load
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

gerryb323 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:33 pm
Baywave1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:34 pm Nat Kiefer did it. As I said it takes aggressive ambition. These two young men seem to have it
There is no way a present-day, non-walk-on is carrying a Med School or Law School load
Law school would be doable, if he chooses his classes carefully. A MBA would definitely be doable.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

GretnaGrn wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:32 am
Law school would be doable, if he chooses his classes carefully. A MBA would definitely be doable.
I was thinking it would really just depend on whether the exams fell in conflict with games/travel. My understanding is that at most law schools (like Tulane) you can basically skip the entire semester of classes, as the entire grade is the final. That would eliminate any issues with missing classes as long as you could get the notes. It would also depend on whether the particular law school let you choose to take the exam at another time for personal reasons and not just the reason of having exams in conflict with each other (the only reason I recall being a legit excuse to change exam schedules in my day). If you could take make-up exams to ensure you didn't miss any, and/or your sport schedule didn't conflict with exams, then law school would absolutely be doable.

Med School I would guess not so much.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

GretnaGrn wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:32 am
i think getting an MBA is pretty common for athletes. for law school, i guess it depends on whether or not the professors wanted to be cooperative or not and if the school allows scheduling flexibility for 1Ls. you see athletes majoring in engineering and some of the other hard sciences, it shouldn't be that much harder than some of those. would really depend on the school.
LawGreenie
Coach Level

Post by LawGreenie »

Back when I was in law school, the ABA and Tulane had rules restricting how much you could work during your 1L year. I think those have been relaxed, but not sure how D1 practice schedule and travel would be viewed .