Friends of Tulane Fantasy League

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Re: Friends of Tulane Fantasy League

Post by GSx »

nyc I sent you a trade offer.
Helaire for Lamb - but it involves a Cowboy so it wouldn't be effective until next week.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

gerryb323 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:43 am
Johnny Mac wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:17 am why tf won't the trade go through until next week? Joel??????
Because Bucs will lock tomorrow when their game starts
it's because you clowns are supposed to be allowed to vote on trades and the waiting period is 2 days
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Johnny Mac wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:38 pm
gerryb323 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:43 am
Johnny Mac wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:17 am why tf won't the trade go through until next week? Joel??????
Because Bucs will lock tomorrow when their game starts
it's because you clowns are supposed to be allowed to vote on trades and the waiting period is 2 days
I'm good with commissioner veto vs vote....which is basically what Joel just did
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
SoFlaWave
Coach Level

Post by SoFlaWave »

I’m playing like the beloved NY Giants. 0-3 with the latest loss by less than a point when Zack Prescott got pulled with three minutes left in the game. No wonder I hate the Cowboys🤬
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

SoFlaWave wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:24 pm I’m playing like the beloved NY Giants. 0-3 with the latest loss by less than a point when Zack Prescott got pulled with three minutes left in the game. No wonder I hate the Cowboys🤬
my entire keeper league team took the week off, I lost by 40... I guess that's better than being close to a win to see your last guy come out of the game because of a blow out and thus losing
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

SoFlaWave wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:24 pm I’m playing like the beloved NY Giants. 0-3 with the latest loss by less than a point when Zack Prescott got pulled with three minutes left in the game. No wonder I hate the Cowboys🤬
I'm 3-0 for the 1st time in forever. I like how it picked for me...said my team sucked...now in 1st place for a little bit hopefully.
You're killin' me Smalls!!!
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

do I need to send Tyler an apology email for the 109 to 32 victory?
SoFlaWave
Coach Level

Post by SoFlaWave »

It's playoff time for the Friends of Tulane Fantasy League!!! In the championship bracket it is the #1 seed and West Champion Gigantor and the Traveling Circus against the #4 seed Slidell Fighting Shrimp. The Traveling Circus finished two games ahead of the Fighting Shrimp, but history tells us that the #4 seed has a habit of coming through as the champs. In the other bracket, the Gretna Goblins and Angry Wave, both with 10-4 records, will battle it out for the chance to win the Marvin "Mad Dog" Christian Trophy.

In the consolation bracket the 5-6 bracket places the 8-5 NYC Wave against the beloved 7-7 Florida Tortfeasors, who lost the last two games of the regular season. NYC Wave will seek to avenge their two previous losses to the Tortfeasors in weeks six and twelve. In the 7-8 battle, Team Machine face the Manasquan Squanchers. Their week 10 battle ended up with a 26 point win for the Machine, but the computer has the Machine as a 2.7 point underdog for this week. Another upset in the making could be in the 9-10 bracket between the Waveriders and Team Hans Delbruk. In week three, Hans Delbruk crushed the Waveriders by over 30 points, but the Waveriders are a 11.4 point favorite this week. In the 11-12 match, Rochy Road faces Will Hall's Ballz 2 the Wall. The road should not be Rocky for Rochy Road since the Ballz 2 the Wall have not made a move in weeks.

A fun season so far, so let's have a great playoff season!!! :-D
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Nothing says postseason football like a battle for last place :?
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Woo!! Let's go!! All aboard the Traveling Circus hype train!!!
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

The Machine was terrible, but had a lot of fun as always.
Congrats to the winners.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

0-4 to 10-4. Never say die.
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

Nothing like & Tee Higgins Christmas miracle game & 2 of my players going down with injuries during the game to get my azz kicked. Merry friggin Christmas!!! Good game Goblins.
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

BACONWAVE wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:52 am Nothing like & Tee Higgins Christmas miracle game & 2 of my players going down with injuries during the game to get my azz kicked. Merry friggin Christmas!!! Good game Goblins.
Then I see Gigantor with a bigger miracle in Justin Jackson!!! Geez this covid season has been nuts!
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

BACONWAVE wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:52 am Nothing like & Tee Higgins Christmas miracle game & 2 of my players going down with injuries during the game to get my azz kicked. Merry friggin Christmas!!! Good game Goblins.
There is no rational reason for my team to have won 11 in a row. :lol:
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

BACONWAVE wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:54 am
Then I see Gigantor with a bigger miracle in Justin Jackson!!! Geez this covid season has been nuts!
Just good luck I had Ekeler's handcuff. I was sweating out the Cowboys defense going nuts last night though!
SlidellWave
Coach Level

Post by SlidellWave »

I put in a Christmas wish list for a healthy RB but was denied. Great game Circus.
SoFlaWave
Coach Level

Post by SoFlaWave »

We are down to the final two weeks, and the battle for the Marvin "Mad Dog" Christian Trophy is set. Gigantor and the Traveling Circus, the first seed snuck by the Slidell Fighting Shrimp by about four points to gain the first berth. The Circus will meet the Gretna Goblins, which won its 11th straight game over Angry Wave by about 28 points. The computer has the Goblins as an 8.2 point favorite. In the Third place game, the Fighting Shrimp are a 7.6 point favorite over Angry Wave.

In the consolation bracket, the top game is between the beloved Florida Tortfeasors and Team Machine. The Tortfeasors had a miracle comeback over NYC Wave after screwing up the first week of the playoffs thanks to the Miami Dolphins defense (sorry Saints :cry: ). The Machine beat the Manasquan Squanchers by a total of 56. This week, the Tortfeasors are currently a 15.9 point favorite over the Machine. NYC Wave will play Team Hans Delbruk, who knocked off the Wavreiders by 34 points. Team HD are currently favored by 18 this week, but NYC Wave needs to replace DeAndre Hopkins, who just went on the IR. The Squanchers will face Rochy Road, who rolled over Will Hall's Balls 2 the Wall. Rochy Road is currently a 15 point favorite. Finally, the Will Hall's Balls roster got healthy, and are a 27 point favorite over the Waveriders.

Hopefully, everyone is doing well, and will play through the next two weeks. It should be a lot of fun, and the skills of the coaches will be put to the test with teams securing playoff spots and COVID cases messing with the rosters.

Happy New Year one and all!!!
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

I got Chased in the first week of the final. Crazy point totals this week. Can only hope for a reversal of fortunes next week!
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

gerryb323 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:41 pm I got Chased in the first week of the final. Crazy point totals this week. Can only hope for a reversal of fortunes next week!
If it makes you feel any better, it's painful to root for a LoSer-U alum....
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

GretnaGrn wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:10 am
gerryb323 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:41 pm I got Chased in the first week of the final. Crazy point totals this week. Can only hope for a reversal of fortunes next week!
Was wondering if a LSU guy wins your Tulane FFL for you, does it still count?
SoFlaWave
Coach Level

Post by SoFlaWave »

As the person who started Joe Burrow the last several weeks, the answer is it doesn’t matter.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

gerryb323 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:16 am
I usually don’t draft lsu players in any leagues. I played against Burrow in the championship game in another league and was starting to rethink my morals in the name of winning. With the help of TJ Watt I ended up winning anyway!!
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

waverider wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:09 pm
gerryb323 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:16 am
I usually don’t draft lsu players in any leagues. I played against Burrow in the championship game in another league and was starting to rethink my morals in the name of winning. With the help of TJ Watt I ended up winning anyway!!
my "no draft list" just contains Falcons and Panthers.. and believe me, I don't suffer talent-wise because of that ban.. for example, the DJ Moore for Godwin trade was a step up for me... even with a couple of fewer weeks played, Godwin still has 10 more points than Moore.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Couldn't overcome The Chase Week aka the Cousins COVID week! Congrats Gretna