Alabama baseball coach fired after one year

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
long green
Cornerstone

Alabama baseball coach fired after one year

Post by long green »

https://www.tidesports.com/alabama-base ... dismissed/

Greg Goff is dismissed in the wake of a very tough first year. Alabama finished last in the SEC and just in the last few days a story was came out about his scorched earth practices in dismissing up to ten players from their scholarship/$ agreements after that first year. This story is interesting to me because Greg Goff would have been my absolute first choice to replace David Pierce had Pierce been hired by Texas right off the bat instead of that hire getting draaaaggggeeeedddd out by UT. I don't know what happened with him at Tuscaloosa but this is a good coach who had a bad year.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
randymc
President's Circle

Re: Alabama baseball coach fired after one year

Post by randymc »

also likely means Terry Rooney, former head coach at UCF, and former pitching coach at Stetson and Notre Dame is likely looking for new work.
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

Va. Tech (and former Oklahoma U.) pitching coach Jamie Pinzino may also be looking for a new job now that Va. Tech head man was let go after their season. He has a master's degree btw.
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

some rumblings that mark kingston of USF (and past Tulane fame) is an alabama target and that he is interested in the job