Tulane Suspends Six Frats and Sororities After Latest Spike in Cases

Discuss today what is happening on campus non-athletically; departments, non-athletic facilities, professors, recognitions and issues. No athletics allowed.
waverider
Cornerstone

Tulane Suspends Six Frats and Sororities After Latest Spike in Cases

Unread post by waverider »

I couldn’t find the article online but the fromt page of the paper was an article about this with a picture of empty Devlin from last night’s game.

Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Re: Tulane Suspends Six Frats and Sororities After Latest Spike in Cases

Unread post by Yankeewave »

what would you expect from social organizations? i am sure this just means they will all have house parties now.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Unread post by AO Sig »

I have been of the opinion that the term "social distancing" is an oxymoron; I prefer physical distancing, which would be more understandable. I don't think that this is an incident isolated to Tulane. One of my nephews is a freshman at UTK; he and his room mate developed COVID, did not have much in the way of symptoms. Tennessee was actually quarantining students with COVID in several floors of the downtown Hilton Hotel to try to reduce transmission.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

Late teens/early 20's males and females getting together without parental supervision. Try to keep them apart--good luck with that. They've done the math--99%+ survival rate in their age bracket. You'll have better luck with herd immunity and public masking than keeping them apart.
Plan your work, work your plan.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Rotorooter wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:29 am Late teens/early 20's males and females getting together without parental supervision. Try to keep them apart--good luck with that. They've done the math--99%+ survival rate in their age bracket. You'll have better luck with herd immunity and public masking than keeping them apart.
You got that right. It was like trying to tell my young single sailors not to get too drunk on payday. You settle for them staying contained with their shipmates looking out for them.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium