TU Ranks First for Most Peace Corps Volunteers

Discuss today what is happening on campus non-athletically; departments, non-athletic facilities, professors, recognitions and issues. No athletics allowed.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

TU Ranks First for Most Peace Corps Volunteers

Post by WaveProf »

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: TU Ranks First for Most Peace Corps Volunteers

Post by PeteRasche »

Well no wonder our endowment is so huge. :jerry:

(there is no amount of snark I could possibly fathom writing here that would compare to what windy is feeling about this story, and likely to post here soon)
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

What is this, 1962?
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

While I got a very long, deep laugh out of both previous posts, I also have to say that while this is Not a decision I did, or would, make with my own life, I refuse to be snarky about anyone who is able to make a tough life choice in order to do what they see/think is good in the world (even if others might argue effectiveness). It's called putting their money where their mouth is and I wish more people in life, myself included, did that in many divergent ways. I'd personally root for a different manifestation of that putting ones money where their mouth is, but that's just me, and who am I to talk. Instead I'll offer these people my respect and admiration, even if it isn't what I might advise them to do.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

PeteRasche wrote:Well no wonder our endowment is so huge. :jerry:

(there is no amount of snark I could possibly fathom writing here that would compare to what windy is feeling about this story, and likely to post here soon)
I'll let your imagination run wild
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

Post by TU77CAL82 »

For some folks, accumulation of wealth is not one of their greatest goals in life. They have other priorities. Personally, i don't find that odd, or understand why anyone else really cares.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

I accumulated enough wealth to be secure for the rest of my and my wife's days before I retired last September. Having grown up with nothing extra, there was a certain amount of drive to achieve a modicum of comfort. But after that it was just measuring one's male appendage size. My only child, who is driven in her own right, will not want.

Now I am in the process of divesting such that by the time I take a dirt nap, the coffers will equal zero. Mentoring kids who look like I did 50 years ago gives me more satisfaction than I can put into words. My hat is off to Peace Corp volunteers who have the ganas to do what I did not in my twenties.

Yes windy, I am a liberal, but this snowflake would have nuked your a$$ in a New York minute. :lol:
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

If the Navy adds 300 new ships, you might get a call-up...
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

TUPF wrote:
Yes windy, I am a liberal, but this snowflake would have nuked your a$$ in a New York minute. :lol:
Not all liberals are snowflakes

You'd need two keys
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
Not all liberals are snowflakes

You'd need two keys
You know too much. 8)

BTW, if you can get past the Hollywood of the movie Crimson Tide, that whole interplay about National Command Authority, validly formatted messages, keys and the like, is not that far off. Two man control is absolutely real. Of course I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of special weapons.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium