Totally against the forum rules coaching discussion

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
CletusRelm
Navigator Level

Re: Totally against the forum rules coaching discussion

Unread post by CletusRelm »

The next head coach TU gets better be a top notch pitching coach.
Wavefam985
Trainer

Unread post by Wavefam985 »

From sources - team meeting has been called for 4:00 pm
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

Wavefam985 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:38 pm From sources - team meeting has been called for 4:00 pm
yeah, well they could be just meeting to see if they can agree if candlesticks or silverware might make a good wedding gift for Millie and Jimmy
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
StPeteWave
Navigator Level

Unread post by StPeteWave »

Therealkp wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:24 am You have to find someone willing to move to NO. Good luck pulling a great person and coach to move from a city they are currently in to NO. People are honestly afraid of NO. Most of us from here understand it’s not all of what those people think, but you have to consider why they wouldn’t want to move here. Pony up some big money Tulane! If they keep losing players in the portal like I have heard it will be this week, it’s going to be rough for the next guy. They need Uhlman to take over the head job for now and try to keep what guys we have who are legit. That will
give Dannen time to evaluate the situation and get a proven player/coach who understands the mental health of the game as well. The players have respect for him, and he treats them with respect and cares about them as a person. From what I understand, Jewett doesn’t let them do their jobs. He’s an egotistical person who thinks he knows it all. 😆 Well you aren’t fooling anyone.
" You Know ? "
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

CletusRelm wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:37 am The next head coach TU gets better be a top notch pitching coach.
Or at least brings one in.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Wavefam985 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:38 pm From sources - team meeting has been called for 4:00 pm
Interesting. Players only or called by Dannen?
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Unread post by DrHullabaloo »

Therealkp wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:24 am You have to find someone willing to move to NO. Good luck pulling a great person and coach to move from a city they are currently in to NO. People are honestly afraid of NO. Most of us from here understand it’s not all of what those people think, but you have to consider why they wouldn’t want to move here. Pony up some big money Tulane! If they keep losing players in the portal like I have heard it will be this week, it’s going to be rough for the next guy. They need Uhlman to take over the head job for now and try to keep what guys we have who are legit. That will
give Dannen time to evaluate the situation and get a proven player/coach who understands the mental health of the game as well. The players have respect for him, and he treats them with respect and cares about them as a person. From what I understand, Jewett doesn’t let them do their jobs. He’s an egotistical person who thinks he knows it all. 😆 Well you aren’t fooling anyone.
This I can tell you is bull.

We get it, you hate New Orleans, hate the mayor. yada yada blah blah. Just a word of caution: Be cautious on the New Orleans hate because the thing about New Orleans is that she will hate you right back even harder.

I speak with Pierce and his family and they keep very fond memories of New Orleans and Tulane. If we had ponied up the same cash and facilities as Texas I bet you they would still be here. Coaches are always looking for the next rung and they will go wherever and Tulane still has cachét.

I get random questions about coaching opportunities at Tulane through people I know, friends of friends, who are coaches who are always looking for greener pastures. Tulane and New Orleans definitely has draw.

It's not like how UNO was after Katrina with an institution in crisis and in a neighborhood completely surrounded by devastation and blight - I am not kidding you about this story, but I had a friend who was one of the admin staff people in the athletic office and one of the many revolving door ADs they had during that time came in for his first day of work, said he was going to get a cup of coffee and then they literally never saw him again. He just took off.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

Johnny Mac wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:54 pm
yeah, well they could be just meeting to see if they can agree if candlesticks or silverware might make a good wedding gift for Millie and Jimmy
It is fair to say that they are dealing with a lot of kah-kah right now. Perhaps breathing through their eyelids might help.
LSU Law Greenie
Coach Level

Unread post by LSU Law Greenie »

I'd call Tom Walter from Wake forest.
My name is T. J. Acosta and I approve this message!
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

Welp its no longer against the rules!
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:25 pm Welp its no longer against the rules!
yep... turns out this was a Travis Jewett juju thread
wave-em in
President's Circle

Unread post by wave-em in »

ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

Johnny Mac wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:03 pm
tulaneoutlaw wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:25 pm Welp its no longer against the rules!
Do you get credit for invoking '54s name?
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

LSU Law Greenie wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:13 pm I'd call Tom Walter from Wake forest.
I know Tom and he will likely never leave Wake. Loves it there and would take a boat load of money to get him to even answer the phone.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

ml wave wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:09 pm
Johnny Mac wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:03 pm
Do you get credit for invoking '54s name?
I'm still trying to find out if he's OK