Spring Scrimmage News

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Re: Spring Scrimmage News

Post by wavedom »

ml wave wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:53 pm
wavedom wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:29 pm
ml wave wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:48 pm
wavedom wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:25 pm
ml wave wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:22 am
wavedom wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:20 pm
ml wave wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:57 pm
wavedom wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:50 pm The hope certainly is to see some improvement in that time frame. Unfortunately all reports and the spring game didn't indicate any. I have said above that the coaches have the opportunity to scheme around the clear deficiencies our current linemen have. To have a successful season they'll need to be RichRodesque to do so. I'm certainly pulling for them.
The coach just got here!!
They delayed practice for him. Then after two weeks of practice they broke for two weeks giving him plenty of time to study their film to see what they had. More importantly the OC was here all semester working with them to teach them the offense and what blocking schemes they would be using. But hey you don't believe spring practice should exist as nothing can be accomplished in 15 practices.
They delayed practice lol. He arrived literally two days before practice started. Can't believe the OL didn't dominate!
Practice was delayed for a few weeks to get the staff together. Then as I said he had two weeks in the middle of spring practice to get up to speed. Plus you ignore the fact that the offense and its blocking schemes had been being put in since January. So no excuse to not see some progress by the end of spring practice.
The OL coach got to New Orleans on Sunday night before practice started Tuesday morning. Maybe 36 hours. I'm shocked that a problem that has plagued us basically since we moved to the AAC wasn't fixed in a month.

Questions on blocking schemes...how do you think the schemes were affected by the departure of the first OL coach? Does the OL coach have say so in the scheme or are they just implementing the OC's plan? Also, and this one is largely rhetorical, have you considered that maybe the schemes aren't our main issue?
The OC is going to design the offense like RR did when he schemed around our OL issues. Talent is definitely the main issue. A part of the solution is a good OC scheming around those deficiencies. No one said everything should be fixed by the end of camp. What's been said is that it is concerning that no progress was evident.
No one said spring practice shouldn't exist either so I guess we're even.

It's also possible that the goal of spring practice was not to scheme for the best OL showing in drills or the spring game but maybe to use it to evaluate individual/unit/personnel deficiencies that they can use the next 4 months to figure out.
LOL. Yeah right we wanted to waste a whole spring practice.

Bottom line is the OL is still a serious problem. The coaches have their work cut out for them. Hopefully at least one of the transfers helps.
We deserve so much better
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

Well, the new transfer, Pines, may help.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Pines does look like one that could step in and start for us.
G-wave
Navigator Level

Post by G-wave »

I saw this post on Twitter that posted the fastest times from Spring they are Presley 20.93 mph Laister 21.04 mph Booker 21.06 mph D Watts 21.12 mph Canady 21.19 mph Harrison 21.56 mph Robinson 21.63 mph. Now I'm a lost ball in the field when it comes to MPH how does break down in Forty time.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

G-wave wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:08 amNow I'm a lost ball in the field when it comes to MPH how does break down in Forty time.
Actual top speed (measured with a speed gun at the finish line) would not convert to 40 time because you aren't moving at that speed the entire 40 yards. Half of what is crucial in a 40 is how quickly you can accelerate to a top speed (the other half being your top speed).

So I wondered if they were converting the 40 times to MPH to be cute for social media (and make curious people do math).

... And they clearly weren't, because the top speed listed (yeah, I got curious) would be a 3.78-second 40, and that would be, uh, newsworthy.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

PeteRasche wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:13 am
G-wave wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:08 amNow I'm a lost ball in the field when it comes to MPH how does break down in Forty time.
Actual top speed (measured with a speed gun at the finish line) would not convert to 40 time because you aren't moving at that speed the entire 40 yards. Half of what is crucial in a 40 is how quickly you can accelerate to a top speed (the other half being your top speed).

So I wondered if they were converting the 40 times to MPH to be cute for social media (and make curious people do math).

... And they clearly weren't, because the top speed listed (yeah, I got curious) would be a 3.78-second 40, and that would be, uh, newsworthy.
It’s MPH, likely clocked at a top speed as you suggest. Last year after games, they posted the MPH on long TD runs by Spears and others.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

The technology has been out there for a few years now. I've seen it posted on ND's site many times. They track it during practice as it helps show if a player is getting tired .
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

wavedom wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:24 pm The technology has been out there for a few years now. I've seen it posted on ND's site many times. They track it during practice as it helps show if a player is getting tired .
It's interesting since the technology would be the same speed gun they've used on pitches for like 50 years and police use on your car... Strange that no one ever thought of the fact that it might show fatigue for all that time.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

The players wear it and it monitors more than that.