WBB beats Wofford 79-69

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
waverider
Cornerstone

WBB beats Wofford 79-69

Post by waverider »

Lead by 15+ most of the game. Got sloppy in the last couple minutes allowing them to cut the lead. Ursin was again the best player on the court. Mia Heide had a good game (based on the parts I watched).
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
BC Wave
Emerald Circle

Re: WBB beats Wofford 79-69

Post by BC Wave »

Yes, this was a game Tulane had in the bag. A lot of 2nd stringers played a good number of minutes which kept the margin of defeat respectable for Wofford.

Moon is something to behold , especially when you see aspects of her game (like passing, leaping and anticipating rebounds) in addition to the scoring aspect.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

And for the evening's coup de grace, we lose to UCF.
You just bring back a bunch of average/below-average players and expect to win.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

GSx wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:30 pm And for the evening's coup de grace, we lose to UCF.
"Coup de grace"? If losing by 7 (due to a probably near-historic cold shooting night) to the team expected to finish two spots ahead of you in the preseason poll (UCF projected 2nd including one 1st place vote), while meanwhile the MBB team literally gives away a win, is a "coup de grace", then I think you have a different definition of that phrase than most.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

PeteRasche wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:15 am
GSx wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:30 pm And for the evening's coup de grace, we lose to UCF.
"Coup de grace"? If losing by 7 (due to a probably near-historic cold shooting night) to the team expected to finish two spots ahead of you in the preseason poll (UCF projected 2nd including one 1st place vote), while meanwhile the MBB team literally gives away a win, is a "coup de grace", then I think you have a different definition of that phrase than most.
Honestly....
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

Now 19 straight losses to USF.
I would be remiss not to point out that they were picked higher in the standings, we were within 4 points mid-4th quarter, and we shot only 28%.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Women lose again, this time to smu. It's incredible this is allowed to continue year after year.