Ron Hunter is the worst Strategic Coach in Tulane Hoops history

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Re: Ron Hunter is the worst Strategic Coach in Tulane Hoops history

Post by GretnaGrn »

He does well at getting transfers, some of whom are very talented.

That's it. Nothing else I can think of it up to par.

Bluntly, the issue with this team isn't necessarily talent. There isn't a game on the schedule where we got beat on talent alone (even FSU). His scheme does not work at this level and he will never change it. His floor coaching is disasterous; a coach can succeed while mostly shining as a recruiter (*cough* Perry Clark *cough*), but they have to be willing to hire good assistants and listen to them at least occasionally (ironically, also Perry Clark (both as a positive (early in his career) and a negative (late in his time here)).

I liked the hire when it was made. It has not worked. After another last place AAC finish, which I would be surprised not to see, it will be time to move on.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Good luck with that.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

This says more about the standards and benchmarks but I would be very surprised if this team finished last in AAC this season. They seem to be just a meh AAC team

Meanwhile I can’t guess what kind of job (in?)security Hunter may have regardless of performance.
IM42lane
Breaker Level

Post by IM42lane »

FIRE DANNEN FIRST, and then you can get rid of Hunter.
A.S. Madere ("Pete")
2005 Dennis Drive
Hammond, LA 70401-1519

Email: IM42lane@yahoo.com
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

Baywave1 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:23 am This says more about the standards and benchmarks but I would be very surprised if this team finished last in AAC this season. They seem to be just a meh AAC team

Meanwhile I can’t guess what kind of job (in?)security Hunter may have regardless of performance.
0-1 in the SWAC so far. Until proven otherwise, which I freely admit is possible (I haven't watched any of the other bottom tier AAC teams this season yet), I just can't think that we can beat anyone out for last. I hope I'm wrong.
purplehaz3
Navigator Level

Post by purplehaz3 »

GretnaGrn wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:06 pm
Baywave1 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:23 am This says more about the standards and benchmarks but I would be very surprised if this team finished last in AAC this season. They seem to be just a meh AAC team

0-1 in the SWAC so far. Until proven otherwise, which I freely admit is possible (I haven't watched any of the other bottom tier AAC teams this season yet), I just can't think that we can beat anyone out for last. I hope I'm wrong.
USF. Probably Tulsa
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

purplehaz3 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:02 pm
GretnaGrn wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:06 pm

USF. Probably Tulsa
Houston will be favored by 50 at this rate.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
IM42lane
Breaker Level

Post by IM42lane »

FIRE DANNEN!!!!
A.S. Madere ("Pete")
2005 Dennis Drive
Hammond, LA 70401-1519

Email: IM42lane@yahoo.com