Tulane vs Drexel

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Re: Tulane vs Drexel

Post by Johnny Mac »

doc wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:20 pm Jaylen Forbes had 11 defensive rebounds to go along with his 30 points. James may have found his offensive game today. He has a great first step and is extremely physical going to the hoop. He should be drawing a lot of fouls at the hoop. Today he finished at the basket. He looks like he can run all day, and he works extremely hard on defense. I am hoping he can be a consistent double figure scorer by the time conference season begins. Baker’s game is drive from the wing and pull-up for a mid-range jumper. He has not fit in with the offense yet. He is not a PG and is not physical on defense. McGee is more physical than Baker and understands the system. Right now even 6pts a game from Spencer would help this team a lot. Only 10 turnovers from Tulane, almost all of them early in the game.

I agree completely with NJ wave - more people have to step up.
Sion James only knock was his inability to finish... I agree doc that if James can actually hit these layups he keeps missing, he could be a force taking it to the hole
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Interestingly I have been surprised at how well jalen cook typically finishes.

If both he and James can succeed at that consistently then team could work well offensively.
purplehaz3
Navigator Level

Post by purplehaz3 »

Baywave1 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:01 am Interestingly I have been surprised at how well jalen cook typically finishes.

If both he and James can succeed at that consistently then team could work well offensively.
He’s going to play professionally. Could easily be the best Tulane recruit this century. Hunter has done a very good job recruiting Forbes and Cook and Cross. Let’s see what happens the rest of the way
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

We need that 4th option offensively and some more points from the bench. I don’t understand at all why Pope isn’t a permanent starter.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

tjtlja wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:10 pm We need that 4th option offensively and some more points from the bench. I don’t understand at all why Pope isn’t a permanent starter.
there are guys who inject energy when they come off the bench and Pope is one of those guys... so he may deserve to start, but his best role with the team appears to be "spark plug off the bench"
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest