Good vibrations for game 3, Ole Miss

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Re: Good vibrations for game 3, Ole Miss

Post by Baywave1 »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:09 pm
Marathon Wave wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:03 pm
tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:41 pm 14.5 point dog to ole miss
Let's see if that changes any. Sounds good to me.
Down to 14. Honestly that's pretty spot on in my mind. I don't see a lot of value there either way
If you can get 14.5 take it. That’s generally a three possession score spread if folks aren’t going for two.

I suspect (hope!) Tulane may have attitude of 1973 team which lost to LSU by a yard the year before and came out on a confident mission to win with dominance which it did. Will missing that OU 1st down by a foot put this team on a similar track against Ole Miss?

If so, 14.5 is a very safe bet and 14 is a good bet. All TBD
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Local weather here showed Nicholas stalling over central Mississippi Thursday and widening slowly such that Oxford would be getting lots of rain possibly into the weekend. Long range forecast on weather.com only shows scattered thunderstorms but it doesn't appear to be considering possible tropical effects per se. I don't know if it will still be a concern Saturday night but if nothing else, the fancy dining tables at the Grove might need to be set on boards so they don't sink into the mud. :lol:

I got curious about Vaught-Hemingway surface... Interesting, per Wikipedia they had field turf 2009-2015 but then went back to real grass since 2016. I would assume they'd cover the field in the days before (?) so no long whether it will be messy.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

It never rains in Vaught Hemingway Stadium on Saturday night or at least that’s the koolaid you have to drink when you cross the Baton Rouge City Line.

If typical gulf state weather, it may be dry for the game but everything will be drenched.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

One other point. Kiffen is doing his best to make sure team doesn’t overlook Tulane. Just showing them the Okie tape should be enough

So this week will be a great test of Fritz, the staff and the team to find out how good they are.

It’s not only can you play well when expected, it’s can you do it on demand and when needed? If this is to be the breakout season, it must start Saturday night.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

One other other point. Over Under is 73. Take the Over. This will likely be a basketball game if Pratt stays healthy.
Navigator Level

Post by 1401973 »

I love our situation for this game.
We will be coming in with a lot of confidence. There's not chance in he!! we back down.
We will match their intensity, physicality and dare I say depth.
Nothing to be scared about with their fast pace - we see it every year.
I think the difference will be who plays the cleanest. I'm still not convinced our QBs and OC know how to do this.
Show me.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:32 pm Over/under is 73 for this game. This game could definately go over that number. This bet might be better than trying to give/take points. Wave 42, Rebs 28 sounds good to me, and and almost matches that number. And if you're gonna go with that bet make sure you check the weather...a wet and messy game might mean an under bet and a cleal sunny day might mean an over. Personally I prefer that total and that outcome. Plus once you bet the "over" and it eclipses that total you smiling all the way to the bank, and all the way back home, especially when your team has the greater total.

Fan since '54
You may not be aware of this, but 42 + 28 = 70, which, bear with me here, is actually less than 73!
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

1401973 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:17 amNothing to be scared about with their fast pace - we see it every year.
Very good point - we keep hearing about their crazy passing offense but it's probably because it's a "wow" for the SEC (in relative terms). It's probably nothing we haven't seen from UCF, SMU, Memphis, etc., for years.
1401973 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:17 amI think the difference will be who plays the cleanest. I'm still not convinced our QBs and OC know how to do this.
By "clean" you may mean turnovers (and I totally agree with that, I think there could be a lot of interceptions in the game), but I also think we need to avoid penalties. Ole Miss is currently dead-last (#130) in the NCAA in penalties per game (averaging 13) and penalty yardage per game (127.5 pypg).

In case you are wondering, Tulane is tied for 56th in penalties per game (averaging 6) and tied for 72nd in penalty yards per game (56 pypg).
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

My instinct is that this thread will Ruin the game in New Orleans that is not gonna happen anyway. At least I think it’ll be OK. I guess we’ll find out for sure how powerful these threads are on Saturday The proof will be in the pudding.

Would it not have been easier to just not attempted fate at all? Don’t we all want to win?
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

WaveProf wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:11 pm My instinct is that this thread will Ruin the game in New Orleans that is not gonna happen anyway. At least I think it’ll be OK. I guess we’ll find out for sure how powerful these threads are on Saturday The proof will be in the pudding.

Would it not have been easier to just not attempted fate at all? Don’t we all want to win?
Irregardless. It is what it is.
STOP BUNTING gaddammit!!
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

WaveProf wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:11 pm My instinct is that this thread will Ruin the game in New Orleans that is not gonna happen anyway. At least I think it’ll be OK. I guess we’ll find out for sure how powerful these threads are on Saturday The proof will be in the pudding.

Not all, clearly.
BC Wave
Emerald Circle

Post by BC Wave »

Wave lost to LSU game in 1972.
I was there. Only time I ever cried after a game.
I was 13
Marathon Wave
Coach Level

Post by Marathon Wave »

We beat lsu in 73 and over/under for this game is 73. Coincidence? I don't think so. Stars are starting to align.
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Hey ml. If that "not all clearly" was meant for me you couldn't be more wrong. If you think that, then you are the poorest judge of people that ever walked the earth. I truly hope you can come to the realization that I truly LOVE the Wave and could never do ANYTHING to hurt their quest for success in any/all fields of athletic endeavor they participate in.

One more thing. From my heart. "Roll Wave. Beat the Rebs".

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Marathon Wave wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:57 pm We beat lsu in 73 and over/under for this game is 73. Coincidence? I don't think so. Stars are starting to align.
And ironically, lsu fans will be pulling for us to win this weekend.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Hey guys and gals, can we have a show of hands of those who are going to the game to support the Wave vs the Rebels. I can't show mine because we are in the process of making repairs on damage to our home that was inflicted by IDA. None too bad, but just a number of minor ones. But we shouldn't come out too badly in the pocket book since we are well insured.

Fan since '54
BC Wave
Emerald Circle

Post by BC Wave »

The missus and I will be there.
Rain or shine or rain and rain
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:52 pm Hey guys and gals, can we have a show of hands of those who are going to the game to support the Wave vs the Rebels. I can't show mine because we are in the process of making repairs on damage to our home that was inflicted by IDA. None too bad, but just a number of minor ones. But we shouldn't come out too badly in the pocket book since we are well insured.

Fan since '54
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55205
STOP BUNTING gaddammit!!
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:38 pm Hey ml. If that "not all clearly" was meant for me you couldn't be more wrong. If you think that, then you are the poorest judge of people that ever walked the earth. I truly hope you can come to the realization that I truly LOVE the Wave and could never do ANYTHING to hurt their quest for success in any/all fields of athletic endeavor they participate in.

One more thing. From my heart. "Roll Wave. Beat the Rebs".

Fan since '54
Methinks you doth protest too much. Also, the very existence of this thread in particular, as well as the many before it (except for the ones I started...when we won...like last week...but I digress) may cause one to come up with a different conclusion.
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

Is the stadium you show up to representative of the team you support?
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

I protest? YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS PROTESING... EVERY WEEK. You are the one who shows no support for the Wave. Your constant non-support of these threads PROVES that. Where were you the last three years when the Wave went to 3 bowl games and won two of those? If you can't support that kind of success then you are the one that has the problem. I realize that Tulane has the kind of a program that will not be a threat to win championship after championship. They are simply a reasonably small private school that fields a relatively competent team most years and a really good team every so often. If that's not enough for you, then there is a team in Alabama you might want to follow. But if there is any drop off in their production we know you will be jumping ship for one in Ohio or Michigan or heaven forbid, one in Baton Rouge.

So put your whole heart into following Tulane, no matter what their record is year by year, and then someone will call you a true fan and not a fairweather one.

Fan since '54
wavedom
President's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:41 pm I protest? YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS PROTESING... EVERY WEEK. You are the one who shows no support for the Wave. Your constant non-support of these threads PROVES that. Where were you the last three years when the Wave went to 3 bowl games and won two of those? If you can't support that kind of success then you are the one that has the problem. I realize that Tulane has the kind of a program that will not be a threat to win championship after championship. They are simply a reasonably small private school that fields a relatively competent team most years and a really good team every so often. If that's not enough for you, then there is a team in Alabama you might want to follow. But if there is any drop off in their production we know you will be jumping ship for one in Ohio or Michigan or heaven forbid, one in Baton Rouge.

So put your whole heart into following Tulane, no matter what their record is year by year, and then someone will call you a true fan and not a fairweather one.

Fan since '54
Tell 'em '54!
There was an extra 9 in that percentage
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

I knew something was going to be done. May not be the only thing. Image
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Is that the headgear we will be wearing in Oxford? Like it big time!!!

Fan since '54
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:40 pm I knew something was going to be done. May not be the only thing. Image
My guess is sides will be the pelican on the surfboard. Either that, or maybe they're finally going to incorporate the little Greenie dude from the old program covers. I just feel like with that helmet looking so old and beat up that they're going full throwback. Could just be the old school T but it kinda looks like there's a logo on the left side in the shadow.

Sweet, we turned the vibrations thread into our first uniform discussion thread of the year. :lol:

Edit: Dang, I'm not saying I'm good but there's another sneak peek on Twitter that says "Greenie returns" and shows a bit of the left side, and it sure looks like the little guy!