Angry Wave Hat

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle

Angry Wave Hat

Post by Johnny Mac »

it is with great sadness that I announce the official retirement of my old, angry wave hat... the hat needed to be washed, and when it came out of the machine, it had been torn in two spots and the bill was massively frayed. It can still serve as a "pool" hat, but it's game day and every other day use has come to a close... it is nearing the end of its life span.. I may lose the hat within the coming months

this angry wave hat is relatively unique.. it was an Xmas gift from my mom way back in the dark days... the Dickson years, when the Mullet Wave was our official logo. I have no idea how or where she found it.. but it was a fitted hat that fit my head perfectly.. all green with the AW logo embroidered. It was a quality hat... I cannot recall the exact year I got it.. but I think it lasted at least 10 years

AW Hat lived it's last useful day on my daughter's head this past Saturday, as we watched Tulane/Oklahoma at Monty's in Coconut Grove, FL.

I am now searching for a suitable replacement

Image20160607_130550 by Ambrose Bielecki, on Flickr
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Angry Wave Hat

Post by PeteRasche »

There are tons of Angry Wave hats available now. Not a problem to find a replacement. Almost every color and style you could want.

First pass at Google showed one that looks almost identical to yours available at Perlis. But dozens of others too.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

Is a hat at perlis like 60 dollars?!?

Like the store but pricey!
Marathon Wave
Coach Level

Post by Marathon Wave »

Johnny Mac wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:52 am it is with great sadness that I announce the official retirement of my old, angry wave hat... the hat needed to be washed, and when it came out of the machine, it had been torn in two spots and the bill was massively frayed. It can still serve as a "pool" hat, but it's game day and every other day use has come to a close... it is nearing the end of its life span.. I may lose the hat within the coming months

this angry wave hat is relatively unique.. it was an Xmas gift from my mom way back in the dark days... the Dickson years, when the Mullet Wave was our official logo. I have no idea how or where she found it.. but it was a fitted hat that fit my head perfectly.. all green with the AW logo embroidered. It was a quality hat... I cannot recall the exact year I got it.. but I think it lasted at least 10 years

AW Hat lived it's last useful day on my daughter's head this past Saturday, as we watched Tulane/Oklahoma at Monty's in Coconut Grove, FL.

I am now searching for a suitable replacement

Image20160607_130550 by Ambrose Bielecki, on Flickr
Wish I knew you were washing it. Dishwasher is the way to go. Hat doesn't get all tossed around. Sorry to read of its retirement.
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

If you join the Olive and Blue Society I believe they will "give" you a couple of Angry Wave hats.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

PeteRasche wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:47 am There are tons of Angry Wave hats available now. Not a problem to find a replacement. Almost every color and style you could want.

First pass at Google showed one that looks almost identical to yours available at Perlis. But dozens of others too.
actually, Fans Edge, Fanatics and the Tulane site don't have a good fitted AW.. Campus Connection does.. and I will be buying from them when I feel they are ready to take an order, having recovered from IDA
wavedom
President's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Johnny Mac wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:53 pm
PeteRasche wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:47 am There are tons of Angry Wave hats available now. Not a problem to find a replacement. Almost every color and style you could want.

actually, Fans Edge, Fanatics and the Tulane site don't have a good fitted AW.. Campus Connection does.. and I will be buying from them when I feel they are ready to take an order, having recovered from IDA
I believe they are open. Saw it posted on twitter.
There was an extra 9 in that percentage
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Yankeewave wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:53 am Is a hat at perlis like 60 dollars?!?

Surprised Pete's google doesn't automatically filter out Perlis results. :wink:
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

ml wave wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:58 am
Yankeewave wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:53 am Is a hat at perlis like 60 dollars?!?

Hey, no apologies from me for my non-silver-spoon midwestern upbringing. :mrgreen: I just happened to notice the first one in Google images that looked like JM's happened to be at Perlis. Geez, now I had to go look and it turns out it's only $25. I didn't think they sold anything under $50 at Perlis. 8)
(I wouldn't ever buy anything from Perlis - since they don't carry tall shirts I skip it on principle :lol: )

I got a really nice hat (green with AW but a little more structured) from the Tulane bookstore, it's the "47" brand. Since I actually bought it in the Tulane bookstore I would bet I paid more than $25. :!:
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

PeteRasche wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:45 pm
ml wave wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:58 am

Hey, no apologies from me for my non-silver-spoon midwestern upbringing. :mrgreen: I just happened to notice the first one in Google images that looked like JM's happened to be at Perlis. Geez, now I had to go look and it turns out it's only $25. I didn't think they sold anything under $50 at Perlis. 8)
(I wouldn't ever buy anything from Perlis - since they don't carry tall shirts I skip it on principle :lol: )

I got a really nice hat (green with AW but a little more structured) from the Tulane bookstore, it's the "47" brand. Since I actually bought it in the Tulane bookstore I would bet I paid more than $25. :!:
the only one I saw with the color scheme of mine was an adjustable... really like the fitted or stretch to fit hats
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

Just got an email yesterday that Perlis' store in Baton Rouge has reopened, and that all on-line orders will be fulfilled from that store for the time being.

I am sure that the BR store is just brimming with Angry Wave hats! :roll: :roll: :roll:
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?