I have questions

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Post Reply
User avatar
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle
Posts: 9219
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Floriduh

I have questions

Post by Johnny Mac »

I was watching in a bar with no sounds on the game, and didn't listen to the radio broadcast... I have questions

1. Where the fk was Merrick Glover until the last PAT?
2. who the fk is Graham Dable.. I honestly thought Jha Quan won a bet with Willie and was allowed to kick the first extra point?
3. why didn't Deuce play except for 2 point conversions?
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
User avatar
PeteRasche
Cornerstone
Posts: 26020
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: I have questions

Post by PeteRasche »

Johnny Mac wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:03 pm I was watching in a bar with no sounds on the game, and didn't listen to the radio broadcast... I have questions

1. Where the fk was Merrick Glover until the last PAT?
2. who the fk is Graham Dable.. I honestly thought Jha Quan won a bet with Willie and was allowed to kick the first extra point?
3. why didn't Deuce play except for 2 point conversions?
Those are all questions which were not addressed whatsoever.
Marathon Wave
Coach Level
Posts: 1528
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:40 pm
Location: Chattanooga area and partime in western NC

Re: I have questions

Post by Marathon Wave »

Johnny Mac wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:03 pm I was watching in a bar with no sounds on the game, and didn't listen to the radio broadcast... I have questions

1. Where the fk was Merrick Glover until the last PAT?
2. who the fk is Graham Dable.. I honestly thought Jha Quan won a bet with Willie and was allowed to kick the first extra point?
3. why didn't Deuce play except for 2 point conversions?
I read somewhere that Deuce had an "unspecified" injury.
Can't help you on the first two.
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
User avatar
PeteRasche
Cornerstone
Posts: 26020
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: I have questions

Post by PeteRasche »

It's amazing how much it jumps out at you when you see a lefty kicker. There certainly are not many of them.

I'm sure Fritz will address it at some point this week because someone surely will ask.
User avatar
waverider
Cornerstone
Posts: 25791
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: I have questions

Post by waverider »

I thought I remember during fall camp someone mentioned that Dable was the most consistent.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
User avatar
ForeverTU
President's Circle
Posts: 4025
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:27 pm
Location: Nashville

Re: I have questions

Post by ForeverTU »

Johnny Mac wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:03 pm I was watching in a bar with no sounds on the game, and didn't listen to the radio broadcast... I have questions

1. Where the fk was Merrick Glover until the last PAT?
2. who the fk is Graham Dable.. I honestly thought Jha Quan won a bet with Willie and was allowed to kick the first extra point?
3. why didn't Deuce play except for 2 point conversions?
Per radio broadcast Glover has had a quad issue that has bothered him all camp. Graham Dable is a kicker on our team. No need for vulgarity there?

Deuce did play but Pratt and he never really got in sync this game.
User avatar
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle
Posts: 9219
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Floriduh

Re: I have questions

Post by Johnny Mac »

ForeverTU wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:40 pm
Johnny Mac wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:03 pm I was watching in a bar with no sounds on the game, and didn't listen to the radio broadcast... I have questions

1. Where the fk was Merrick Glover until the last PAT?
2. who the fk is Graham Dable.. I honestly thought Jha Quan won a bet with Willie and was allowed to kick the first extra point?
3. why didn't Deuce play except for 2 point conversions?
Per radio broadcast Glover has had a quad issue that has bothered him all camp. Graham Dable is a kicker on our team. No need for vulgarity there?

Deuce did play but Pratt and he never really got in sync this game.
there is always a need for vulgarity... but when you see a guy on the field wearing a jersey with no name plate in a number that's not his (he's 67 on the website), it really calls for vulgarity
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
User avatar
Poseidon
President's Circle
Posts: 4071
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: Baton Rouge

Re: I have questions

Post by Poseidon »

Johnny Mac wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:18 pm
ForeverTU wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:40 pm
Johnny Mac wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:03 pm I was watching in a bar with no sounds on the game, and didn't listen to the radio broadcast... I have questions

1. Where the fk was Merrick Glover until the last PAT?
2. who the fk is Graham Dable.. I honestly thought Jha Quan won a bet with Willie and was allowed to kick the first extra point?
3. why didn't Deuce play except for 2 point conversions?
Per radio broadcast Glover has had a quad issue that has bothered him all camp. Graham Dable is a kicker on our team. No need for vulgarity there?

Deuce did play but Pratt and he never really got in sync this game.
there is always a need for vulgarity... but when you see a guy on the field wearing a jersey with no name plate in a number that's not his (he's 67 on the website), it really calls for vulgarity
I was thinking the same thing as JM. Not at the player, but rather we have a proven kicker and singed another one. The coaches then trotted out neither. The confusion is at the coaches not the player.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Dishonorable mention - Navy
User avatar
Poseidon
President's Circle
Posts: 4071
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: Baton Rouge

Re: I have questions

Post by Poseidon »

So...we scored 35 and pur top two receivers either didnt play or didnt show if played didnt make a catch.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Dishonorable mention - Navy
Marathon Wave
Coach Level
Posts: 1528
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:40 pm
Location: Chattanooga area and partime in western NC

Re: I have questions

Post by Marathon Wave »

Poseidon wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:20 pm So...we scored 35 and pur top two receivers either didnt play or didnt show if played didnt make a catch.
right
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
User avatar
waverider
Cornerstone
Posts: 25791
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: I have questions

Post by waverider »

Marathon Wave wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:55 pm
Poseidon wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:20 pm So...we scored 35 and pur top two receivers either didnt play or didnt show if played didnt make a catch.
right
Shae Wyatt may be our best receiver if yesterday was an indication. The TEs catching passes is going to help our WRs.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
User avatar
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle
Posts: 9219
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Floriduh

Re: I have questions

Post by Johnny Mac »

waverider wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:45 pm
Marathon Wave wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:55 pm
Poseidon wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:20 pm So...we scored 35 and pur top two receivers either didnt play or didnt show if played didnt make a catch.
right
Shae Wyatt may be our best receiver if yesterday was an indication. The TEs catching passes is going to help our WRs.
I wasn't impressed with the TEs catching the ball so much as I was impressed at HOW OPEN our TEs were when they caught the ball. GREAT scheme by Long.. sure, future teams have film now and may dedicate their D to take away those wide open TE throws, but that will open the creases for the WRs and who knows, maybe RBs????? Tyrick is a freaking beast
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Marathon Wave
Coach Level
Posts: 1528
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:40 pm
Location: Chattanooga area and partime in western NC

Re: I have questions

Post by Marathon Wave »

Johnny Mac wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:31 am
waverider wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:45 pm
Marathon Wave wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:55 pm
Poseidon wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:20 pm So...we scored 35 and pur top two receivers either didnt play or didnt show if played didnt make a catch.
right
Shae Wyatt may be our best receiver if yesterday was an indication. The TEs catching passes is going to help our WRs.
I wasn't impressed with the TEs catching the ball so much as I was impressed at HOW OPEN our TEs were when they caught the ball. GREAT scheme by Long.. sure, future teams have film now and may dedicate their D to take away those wide open TE throws, but that will open the creases for the WRs and who knows, maybe RBs????? Tyrick is a freaking beast
Yes I read OU's game plan was to keep our WR's from hurting them. Spent all their energy covering those guys. Which opened up TE's. Now if others do the opposite and game plan for the TE's, we will throw to the receivers. Pratt looked sharp. He was getting hit on most passes - even those he completed. The final TD to Will, Pratt had #8 right in his face.
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
ml wave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 12025
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: I have questions

Post by ml wave »

Marathon Wave wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:55 am
Johnny Mac wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:31 am
waverider wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:45 pm
Marathon Wave wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:55 pm
Poseidon wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:20 pm So...we scored 35 and pur top two receivers either didnt play or didnt show if played didnt make a catch.
right
Shae Wyatt may be our best receiver if yesterday was an indication. The TEs catching passes is going to help our WRs.
I wasn't impressed with the TEs catching the ball so much as I was impressed at HOW OPEN our TEs were when they caught the ball. GREAT scheme by Long.. sure, future teams have film now and may dedicate their D to take away those wide open TE throws, but that will open the creases for the WRs and who knows, maybe RBs????? Tyrick is a freaking beast
Yes I read OU's game plan was to keep our WR's from hurting them. Spent all their energy covering those guys. Which opened up TE's. Now if others do the opposite and game plan for the TE's, we will throw to the receivers. Pratt looked sharp. He was getting hit on most passes - even those he completed. The final TD to Will, Pratt had #8 right in his face.
Weird game plan, if so. Do they even watch film?
User avatar
Cheerleader
Coach Level
Posts: 2197
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:22 am
Location: Destin, FL

Re: I have questions

Post by Cheerleader »

Watching the game again, our DC saw that Rattler was looking for the same receiver almost every time, so in the second half we doubled him most of the time and he was rarely open. Good coaching.
User avatar
purplehaz3
Breaker Level
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:05 pm

Re: I have questions

Post by purplehaz3 »

And good decision by Fritz to hire Hampton. The Chip Long hire also looks to be a great decision. He’s so good we may only have him for one year.
Marathon Wave
Coach Level
Posts: 1528
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:40 pm
Location: Chattanooga area and partime in western NC

Re: I have questions

Post by Marathon Wave »

ml wave wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:52 am
Marathon Wave wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:55 am
Johnny Mac wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:31 am
waverider wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:45 pm
Marathon Wave wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:55 pm
Poseidon wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:20 pm So...we scored 35 and pur top two receivers either didnt play or didnt show if played didnt make a catch.
right
Shae Wyatt may be our best receiver if yesterday was an indication. The TEs catching passes is going to help our WRs.
I wasn't impressed with the TEs catching the ball so much as I was impressed at HOW OPEN our TEs were when they caught the ball. GREAT scheme by Long.. sure, future teams have film now and may dedicate their D to take away those wide open TE throws, but that will open the creases for the WRs and who knows, maybe RBs????? Tyrick is a freaking beast
Yes I read OU's game plan was to keep our WR's from hurting them. Spent all their energy covering those guys. Which opened up TE's. Now if others do the opposite and game plan for the TE's, we will throw to the receivers. Pratt looked sharp. He was getting hit on most passes - even those he completed. The final TD to Will, Pratt had #8 right in his face.
Weird game plan, if so. Do they even watch film?
Huh? So they figure with their defense, they can easily stop our run....and rwe didn't really run the ball down their throats, did we?
What everyone suspected was their DB's would be the weakest part of their defense, so they concentrated on our Wr's as we only had two that did anything last year. Our TE's never had many targets last year. FILM???? What film could OU possibly watch that would help???? We have a new OC with entirely new game plans.
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle
Posts: 8599
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Location: We're not in Kansas anymore

Re: I have questions

Post by gerryb323 »

Marathon Wave wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:41 pm
ml wave wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:52 am
Marathon Wave wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:55 am
Johnny Mac wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:31 am
waverider wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:45 pm
Marathon Wave wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:55 pm
Poseidon wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:20 pm So...we scored 35 and pur top two receivers either didnt play or didnt show if played didnt make a catch.
right
Shae Wyatt may be our best receiver if yesterday was an indication. The TEs catching passes is going to help our WRs.
I wasn't impressed with the TEs catching the ball so much as I was impressed at HOW OPEN our TEs were when they caught the ball. GREAT scheme by Long.. sure, future teams have film now and may dedicate their D to take away those wide open TE throws, but that will open the creases for the WRs and who knows, maybe RBs????? Tyrick is a freaking beast
Yes I read OU's game plan was to keep our WR's from hurting them. Spent all their energy covering those guys. Which opened up TE's. Now if others do the opposite and game plan for the TE's, we will throw to the receivers. Pratt looked sharp. He was getting hit on most passes - even those he completed. The final TD to Will, Pratt had #8 right in his face.
Weird game plan, if so. Do they even watch film?
Huh? So they figure with their defense, they can easily stop our run....and rwe didn't really run the ball down their throats, did we?
What everyone suspected was their DB's would be the weakest part of their defense, so they concentrated on our Wr's as we only had two that did anything last year. Our TE's never had many targets last year. FILM???? What film could OU possibly watch that would help???? We have a new OC with entirely new game plans.
Pretty sure that was a dig at our droptastic receivers
STOP BUNTING gaddammit!!
Marathon Wave
Coach Level
Posts: 1528
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:40 pm
Location: Chattanooga area and partime in western NC

Re: I have questions

Post by Marathon Wave »

gerryb323 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:07 am
Marathon Wave wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:41 pm
ml wave wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:52 am
Marathon Wave wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:55 am
Johnny Mac wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:31 am
waverider wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:45 pm
Marathon Wave wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:55 pm
Poseidon wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:20 pm So...we scored 35 and pur top two receivers either didnt play or didnt show if played didnt make a catch.
right
Shae Wyatt may be our best receiver if yesterday was an indication. The TEs catching passes is going to help our WRs.
I wasn't impressed with the TEs catching the ball so much as I was impressed at HOW OPEN our TEs were when they caught the ball. GREAT scheme by Long.. sure, future teams have film now and may dedicate their D to take away those wide open TE throws, but that will open the creases for the WRs and who knows, maybe RBs????? Tyrick is a freaking beast
Yes I read OU's game plan was to keep our WR's from hurting them. Spent all their energy covering those guys. Which opened up TE's. Now if others do the opposite and game plan for the TE's, we will throw to the receivers. Pratt looked sharp. He was getting hit on most passes - even those he completed. The final TD to Will, Pratt had #8 right in his face.
Weird game plan, if so. Do they even watch film?
Huh? So they figure with their defense, they can easily stop our run....and rwe didn't really run the ball down their throats, did we?
What everyone suspected was their DB's would be the weakest part of their defense, so they concentrated on our Wr's as we only had two that did anything last year. Our TE's never had many targets last year. FILM???? What film could OU possibly watch that would help???? We have a new OC with entirely new game plans.
Pretty sure that was a dig at our droptastic receivers
Thumbs up.
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
User avatar
waverider
Cornerstone
Posts: 25791
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: I have questions

Post by waverider »

One of the OU defenders said that they really had no idea what we would run because we have a new OC and they weren’t prepared for the plays we ran.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
User avatar
CT Wave
Coach Level
Posts: 1991
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:05 pm
Location: Naples, FL

Re: I have questions

Post by CT Wave »

waverider wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:44 am One of the OU defenders said that they really had no idea what we would run because we have a new OC and they weren’t prepared for the plays we ran.
Have to agree that they weren't prepared. No argument from me with that OU defender.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
User avatar
Poseidon
President's Circle
Posts: 4071
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: Baton Rouge

Re: I have questions

Post by Poseidon »

CT Wave wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:32 am
waverider wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:44 am One of the OU defenders said that they really had no idea what we would run because we have a new OC and they weren’t prepared for the plays we ran.
Have to agree that they weren't prepared. No argument from me with that OU defender.
I don't buy it...all you have to do is go look at long's tape from Notre Dame from 17-19 and see the TE's, who are now playing on sundays, making lots of grabs.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Dishonorable mention - Navy
1401973
Navigator Level
Posts: 1319
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:06 am
Location: River Ridge

Re: I have questions

Post by 1401973 »

I agree Pos.
to give themselves an out for not covering pass catchers? Weak. I mean they are eligible receivers. Is the new OU defensive scheme not to cover them because of a new OC?
We had them on the run. We were their equal. The OU players know it.
And anyone who watched the game objectively knows it.
If not for three 50+ yd field goals and three terrible turnovers in the 2nd quarter we beat them.
User avatar
CT Wave
Coach Level
Posts: 1991
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:05 pm
Location: Naples, FL

Re: I have questions

Post by CT Wave »

1401973 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:33 pm We had them on the run. We were their equal. The OU players know it.
And anyone who watched the game objectively knows it.
If not for three 50+ yd field goals and three terrible turnovers in the 2nd quarter we beat them.
I am onboard with what you are saying here, 1401973. And yet I say OU was not prepared for what we did. That's on them and can't be an excuse. A good coach has his team ready to play with elements that the other team is not ready to defend. Good on our coaches in this case.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
Marathon Wave
Coach Level
Posts: 1528
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:40 pm
Location: Chattanooga area and partime in western NC

Re: I have questions

Post by Marathon Wave »

1401973 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:33 pm
If not for three 50+ yd field goals and three terrible turnovers in the 2nd quarter we beat them.
Well, I hear ya, but, in parallel universes (right?) you can't really say the above. OU could have just as easily scored 3 TD's instead of kicking the FG's.
Then, it's a blowout. Or, another equally inane assumption is to say if we had gotten that last 1st down, we would have won. We were moving the ball, right? What if we get the first, then throw a pass on 1st down that's a pick-six? We loss 47 - 35, not as close. Or, if the game is closer at half (because we don't fumble, or don't lose the fumbles), then OU comes out in 2nd half steamed up and ready to take it to us. Maybe they got complacent in the locker room at halftime because of the large lead. We'll never know. I do know I like how we played. Fix some things and we can beat anyone left on this schedule.
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
Post Reply