2021 Future Opponents

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Marathon Wave
Coach Level

Re: 2021 Future Opponents

Post by Marathon Wave »

long green wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:45 am The goal is not to shut Morgan State out. The goal is to win and do your best to avoid injuries (keep Pratt healthy). It would be nice to get some guys going in what I hope will be limited time (Deuce, Jackson, Spears) before turning it over to others.
EXACTLY. I'd hope coach is more concerned with getting more guys on the field than pitching a shut out. Let's get a large enough lead so 2nd teamers and some third can have a go. NO INJURIES! We may need these guys to step up in a more demanding role later in season.
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Practice is hard and riding the pine is harder. If lots of folks down the depth chart play then that is a good thing.

Free admission? Ok with me. If there are more than 3000 butts in the seats, I’ll be surprised. Important that Tulane and Morgan State are playing and game wasn’t canceled.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

long green wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:45 am The goal is not to shut Morgan State out.
I don't know whether that was aimed at me but I certainly never said it was.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

This next IS aimed at you, Pete.

Lose the f*****g rabbit ears. Don't like reading that? It was meant in a helpful way. Really. You will exhaust yourself being that sensitive.

This team has too much going for it in a tough year with a challenging schedule to put anything on the Morgan State game other than getting past it. It's frankly unfortunate that they're so bad.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this
Poseidon
President's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

long green wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:45 am The goal is not to shut Morgan State out. The goal is to win and do your best to avoid injuries (keep Pratt healthy). It would be nice to get some guys going in what I hope will be limited time (Deuce, Jackson, Spears) before turning it over to others.
I agree. The bullitin board goal may be to shut them out, but the point is to get better. You get better by being challanged and learning where to improve. There is a line between being exposed and learning where to improve.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Dishonorable mention - Navy
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

long green wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:33 am This next IS aimed at you, Pete.

Lose the f*****g rabbit ears. Don't like reading that? It was meant in a helpful way. Really. You will exhaust yourself being that sensitive.

This team has too much going for it in a tough year with a challenging schedule to put anything on the Morgan State game other than getting past it. It's frankly unfortunate that they're so bad.
Whoa, dude, chill. I wasn't being snarky or sensitive, just clarifying. Yikes! Speaking of sensitive... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Poseidon
President's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

If Morgan state is really, really bad then our starters should go in to show some looks score some points execute some plays and then let the back-ups and contributers get some PT.

There is a lot of value to be had in this game. Ibieta, who we all know is just a lay away the way Pratt plays, has virtually no experience and we have way too many toss up games where he ould have to come in and perform.

Spears needs to work himself back into it during game time.

Goodness knows our WRs need all the chances to get better they can get.

elsewhere we have to ability to be pretty deep at a lot of places and we need the reps.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Poseidon
President's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

PeteRasche wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:26 am
long green wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:33 am This next IS aimed at you, Pete.

Whoa, dude, chill. I wasn't being snarky or sensitive, just clarifying. Yikes! Speaking of sensitive... :shock: :shock: :shock:
***NSFW*** language

NSFW
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

A lot of younger guys will play as much as possible in order to get the roster set when conference play starts.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Poseidon that clip is amazing and I think is the explanation to a LOT of the angst on this every internet forum. :lol: :lol:
purplehaz3
Breaker Level

Post by purplehaz3 »

Poseidon wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:30 am If Morgan state is really, really bad then our starters should go in to show some looks score some points execute some plays and then let the back-ups and contributers get some PT.

There is a lot of value to be had in this game. Ibieta, who we all know is just a lay away the way Pratt plays, has virtually no experience and we have way too many toss up games where he ould have to come in and perform.

Spears needs to work himself back into it during game time.

Goodness knows our WRs need all the chances to get better they can get.

elsewhere we have to ability to be pretty deep at a lot of places and we need the reps.
Let’s keep it on the ground and give Ibieta most of the game and throw in a freshman in the last few minutes. This is one of the worst teams in the country. We need to rest up and avoid injuries leading into Ole Miss. That game is going to be the best opportunity for the program in decades.
Wandering Quaker
President's Circle

Post by Wandering Quaker »

Ibieta needs live passing reps, too. Receivers clearly do also.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

I want to see the back up OL get some work. In addition, any true freshmen the coaches want to see that could help at some point during the season. And as you said, Ibieta needs live game reps.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Ole Miss #20 in the AP Poll. We'll have another shot to beat our first AP ranked opponent since the 80s in a couple of weeks (unless they lose to Austin Peay this week).

Cinci up to #7. UCF drew enough votes, 61, to be #28. UAB drew 5 votes, good for #42.
Marathon Wave
Coach Level

Post by Marathon Wave »

PeteRasche wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:26 am
long green wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:45 am The goal is not to shut Morgan State out.
Well Pete, you did write this: "I will be disappointed if Morgan State scores on us"

I know you will spin this so it sounds like this isn't a "goal" that you think it should be, but....
Wandering Quaker
President's Circle

Post by Wandering Quaker »

Speaking of Ole Miss, their offense last night looked very Rich-Rod to me. Corral knows how to run it. I'm looking forward to seeing how we attack it.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Marathon Wave wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:44 pm
PeteRasche wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:26 am
Well Pete, you did write this: "I will be disappointed if Morgan State scores on us"
I mean, I will be... What's your definition of "disappointed"? It's not like I'm gonna be completely destroyed or angry. More like the way I specifically described it above where we get to near the end and we're still pitching a shutout, and the other team scores and it's like "dang, woulda been great to shut them out, oh well." That level of disappointment. Not "we should just drop football" disappointment. I don't take any of this that seriously. I've got much more important stuff going on in my life.

Though arguably every team should be trying to shut out every opponent every game, right? :green wink:

Now I'm seriously looking forward to the Attom board Saturday when MSU scores and everyone asks me if I'm suicide watch. Should we place odds on who says the most about it? 8)

Seriously this is just like the Key & Peele thing above. About 95% of the stuff I post here is with a conversational (if not half- or completely joking) tone, and y'all take it like everything is life or death and black or white and full of anger and venom.
Wavefan
Coach Level

Post by Wavefan »

Hope that Ibieta gets a lot of time. Also would like to see every running back on the roster get in the game unless we are planning on redshirting said back.
Marathon Wave
Coach Level

Post by Marathon Wave »

later
Marathon Wave
Coach Level

Post by Marathon Wave »

PeteRasche wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:57 pm

Though arguably every team should be trying to shut out every opponent every game, right? :green wink:

Now I'm seriously looking forward to the Attom board Saturday when MSU scores and everyone asks me if I'm suicide watch. Should we place odds on who says the most about it? 8)

Seriously this is just like the Key & Peele thing above. About 95% of the stuff I post here is with a conversational (if not half- or completely joking) tone, and y'all take it like everything is life or death and black or white and full of anger and venom.
No anger or venom here. Personally, I don't give a ratz @zz about most of want I read on the 'net (esp on boards). I think every fan of every team hopes for a shutout every time the ball is teed up. Isn't the goal to score every time you touch the ball and to stop the other guys from even getting a 1st down? If we win 62 - 6, I won't be disappointed. Win 25 - 14, I will. I really want us to be up by such a large margin that the 2's and 3's get plenty of time. Sorta like the usm game last year. Had to refer to the roster to figure out who some of the players were.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Marathon Wave wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:07 pm I really want us to be up by such a large margin that the 2's and 3's get plenty of time. Sorta like the usm game last year. Had to refer to the roster to figure out who some of the players were.
Absolutely. And based on last weekend (both ours and theirs), that's what it should be.
Marathon Wave
Coach Level

Post by Marathon Wave »

PeteRasche wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:41 pm
Marathon Wave wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:07 pm I really want us to be up by such a large margin that the 2's and 3's get plenty of time. Sorta like the usm game last year. Had to refer to the roster to figure out who some of the players were.
Absolutely. And based on last weekend (both ours and theirs), that's what it should be.
Wait, what?!

We're both saying the same thing?

:green wink:
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

Marathon Wave wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:34 am
Wait, what?!

Did y'all just become best friends?
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:47 am
Marathon Wave wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:34 am
Wait, what?!

Did y'all just become best friends?
STOP BUNTING gaddammit!!
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Wavefan wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:55 pm Hope that Ibieta gets a lot of time. Also would like to see every running back on the roster get in the game unless we are planning on redshirting said back.
We can play anyone we want up to four games. I'd absolutely play Iverson Celestine here. If a true freshman played vs OU he's playing the whole year (Canady, Cooper). It would be nice to see Kai Horton but as had been said already this is the game to get Ibieta every possible snap. If we have two minutes to kneel it out at the end we can always put in Cameron Dartez.
Last edited by long green on Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this