Timmy Bird

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Wavemania
President's Circle

Timmy Bird

Post by Wavemania »

Just resigned as head coach and AD at Riverside. Says he wants to coach still and would welcome assistant coach in the college ranks. Tulane should be on the phone with his ASAP. What a huge get! Woukd definitely get some local top notch talent in the program
tjtlja
President's Circle

Re: Timmy Bird

Post by tjtlja »

Went to school with Timmy. All around great athlete. Reminded me a lot of Reggie Reginelli.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

Great basketball talent at Riverside over the years - Lou Dabney and Baylor star Jared Butler
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

ALERT!!!

But would he want to move to Kansas?

SARCASM!
He would be a good addition for his connections alone. The fact that he resigned while saying he wants to keep coaching sounds like he already had discussions with college coaches or something is going on at Riverside.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PJR
Riptide Level

Post by PJR »

Timmy Bird would not be able to recruit the type of talent we need to compete on Div 1 level. There are a lot of other assistant coaches better for the job.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

It's Byrd, by the way.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this