RPI Watch

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
tjtlja
President's Circle

Re: RPI Watch

Post by tjtlja »

gerryb323 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:42 am Wichita State had a pretty good spring training with current #3 Arizona and #11 Oklahoma State. They still get ECU, which should help, but the rest is not good.
Gerry, how is that new stadium WSU plays in? Is that on campus, or is it a minor league facility off campus?
tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

tjtlja wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:50 pm
gerryb323 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:42 am Wichita State had a pretty good spring training with current #3 Arizona and #11 Oklahoma State. They still get ECU, which should help, but the rest is not good.
Gerry, how is that new stadium WSU plays in? Is that on campus, or is it a minor league facility off campus?
Looks like they play in Eck Stadium which is on campus. Gerry can confirm one way or the other.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:15 pm
tjtlja wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:50 pm
Looks like they play in Eck Stadium which is on campus. Gerry can confirm one way or the other.
They do typically play at Eck. They opened in the brand new (last year but unused til now) AAA stadium against Houston, but I believe that was just a one-off and not a regular thing. The Windsurge :roll: f/k/a Baby Cakes 🤮 née Zephyrs start play there next month.
Eck is a very nice facility, if a bit older. It's been renovated a few times over the years. Regardless, I don't think we make the Wichita trip until next year.
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!
noladave
Regent's Circle

Post by noladave »

Tulane 77, big jump

wichita St drops to 61

upcoming Memphis 132, 12-22 record

gotta sweep
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

noladave wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:04 pm Tulane 77, big jump
7 point drop from yesterday, though, probably due to ULL losing 3 to S Alabama after we got win #3 against Wichita.
CletusRelm
Navigator Level

Post by CletusRelm »

D1 Baseball has TU included in the final 64 as a No. 3 seed at Ole Miss. (I sure hope that comes true. It feels so good to see TU projected as playing in the post season, it has been a long time.) :-D

(By the way, Boyd's World RPI rating has TU game Win-Loss strings that show how TU could be top 45 RPI and Top 32 RPI team.)
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

Baseball America projection shows Tulane a #3 seed at Ruston vs. Fla. State, the 2 seed.
Southeastern La. and La. Tech as the 1 seed host are the other clubs in that field.
https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories ... -64-42121/
CletusRelm
Navigator Level

Post by CletusRelm »

Now that's what I like to see. (Let's hope "Happy Days are Here Again"...................) :-D

(I just hope we don't get jinxed since we are starting to make some publications)
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

Memphis baseball officials tell me that Friday DH will not be broadcast via ESPN +, but Sat. and Sunday games will be on the ESPN + channel. Don't know the reason why Friday is apparently radio only.
visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

randymc wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:38 am Memphis baseball officials tell me that Friday DH will not be broadcast via ESPN +, but Sat. and Sunday games will be on the ESPN + channel. Don't know the reason why Friday is apparently radio only.
:xmad: Terrible
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

I think they're gonna show a video of Penny Hardaway polishing his NIT trophy instead.
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

randymc wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:02 am I think they're gonna show a video of Penny Hardaway polishing his NIT trophy instead.
:lol:
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
TulaneTiger
Navigator Level

Post by TulaneTiger »

randymc wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:38 am Memphis baseball officials tell me that Friday DH will not be broadcast via ESPN +, but Sat. and Sunday games will be on the ESPN + channel. Don't know the reason why Friday is apparently radio only.
That is BS! They should be reprimanded by the conference for this.
TulaneTiger
Navigator Level

Post by TulaneTiger »

CletusRelm wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:31 am D1 Baseball has TU included in the final 64 as a No. 3 seed at Ole Miss. (I sure hope that comes true. It feels so good to see TU projected as playing in the post season, it has been a long time.) :-D

(By the way, Boyd's World RPI rating has TU game Win-Loss strings that show how TU could be top 45 RPI and Top 32 RPI team.)
Wow. Seeing Tulane projected in the field by the two largest college baseball media outlets is pretty shocking at this point. I'll take it, though!

Can you link the win-loss string you speak of that could get Tulane in the top 50 of RPI? Or show us the page we can go to calculate it? I'm assuming it's like an RPI predictor?
tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

TulaneTiger wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:42 pm
CletusRelm wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:31 am D1 Baseball has TU included in the final 64 as a No. 3 seed at Ole Miss. (I sure hope that comes true. It feels so good to see TU projected as playing in the post season, it has been a long time.) :-D

Wow. Seeing Tulane projected in the field by the two largest college baseball media outlets is pretty shocking at this point. I'll take it, though!

Can you link the win-loss string you speak of that could get Tulane in the top 50 of RPI? Or show us the page we can go to calculate it? I'm assuming it's like an RPI predictor?
Here's the link to the site. You have to scroll down to find what we need to do to get certain ranges of rpis

http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/rpineeds.html

We need to win roughly 15 of our remaining games to get top 45 in rpi and 16 wins will get us top 32 in rpi
Nolawave90
Sophomore

Post by Nolawave90 »

Is it true that the other (Louisiana) school who shall not be named is not in the projected 64?

La-Tech
south eastern
Tulane
ULL
TulaneTiger
Navigator Level

Post by TulaneTiger »

Nolawave90 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:49 pm Is it true that the other (Louisiana) school who shall not be named is not in the projected 64?

La-Tech
south eastern
Tulane
ULL
LSU stinks. They'll be lucky to finish 12-18 in the SEC.
TulaneTiger
Navigator Level

Post by TulaneTiger »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:14 pm

Here's the link to the site. You have to scroll down to find what we need to do to get certain ranges of rpis

We need to win roughly 15 of our remaining games to get top 45 in rpi and 16 wins will get us top 32 in rpi
Thanks! Yeah, it looks like we'd have to finish 16-4 in order to approach top 30 in the RPI. Really need to go 7-1 in the next two weekends to have any shot at that.
noladave
Regent's Circle

Post by noladave »

Nolawave90 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:49 pm Is it true that the other (Louisiana) school who shall not be named is not in the projected 64?

La-Tech
south eastern
Tulane
ULL
LSU beating #12 Ole Miss tonight , they have a chance to improve their chances with their schedule. still need to win games.
tjtlja
President's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Their RPI is 23. Doesn’t make any sense. If we were 23 and didn’t get in, we would be screaming bloody murder. Would love to see it, but come on.
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

randymc wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:02 am I think they're gonna show a video of Penny Hardaway polishing his NIT trophy instead.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

TulaneTiger wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:27 pm

Thanks! Yeah, it looks like we'd have to finish 16-4 in order to approach top 30 in the RPI. Really need to go 7-1 in the next two weekends to have any shot at that.
Yep. The trouble is after going 2-8 against ULL, Miss St., LA Tech and Sela (all other tourney teams) its very hard to see us beating ECU more than once and a sweep is possible. So that's 3-4 likely losses which leaves almost no room for error against anyone else. I'd like to see 8-0 the next two weekends which is probably unrealistic. Then again, maybe we catch ECU on a down week and do a little better against them.
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:30 am
TulaneTiger wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:27 pm

Yep. The trouble is after going 2-8 against ULL, Miss St., LA Tech and Sela (all other tourney teams) its very hard to see us beating ECU more than once and a sweep is possible. So that's 3-4 likely losses which leaves almost no room for error against anyone else. I'd like to see 8-0 the next two weekends which is probably unrealistic. Then again, maybe we catch ECU on a down week and do a little better against them.
We are pitching a little better now than when we played those teams. ECU has been winning a lot of close games. We play there so that lowers our chances and could easily be swept but I won’t be surprised to see is win 2 or 3.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
noladave
Regent's Circle

Post by noladave »

Bennett Lee is healthy, and playing better, something we didn’t have earlier in the year. I think it still comes down to relief pitching
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

noladave wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:47 amI think it still comes down to relief pitching
With better relief pitching - even just one or two stinking individual pitches - we sweep MSU in Starkville and we likely aren't even having this conversation.