A series win!

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
visualmagic
President's Circle

Re: A series win!

Post by visualmagic »

Roller wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:02 pm
visualmagic wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:24 am
Roller wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:03 am I fail to see the logic behind an argument that "I don't want us to win; That would leave us stuck with a losing coach."
If you consider missing the Regionals a “win” then we have different definitions for winning. I don’t want to keep the coach that can win against Memphis but can’t beat top 50 opponents.
We are 25-54 against top 50 teams since TJ took over. If you like that, have fun. There’s only 1 opponent left on the schedule that’s currently top 50.
You're misconstruing the argument. People are (essentially) saying, "I hope we do not make a regional because if we do, our coach will be kept on." I see that logically as the antithesis of wanting to win. I would love it if we won every game we play from here on out and win the National
Championship. I'm unwilling to stipulate that a single person can make the difference one way or the other.
But Nobody said "I hope we do not make a regional because if we do, our coach will be kept on." It’s more like “I’d rather go 25-31 and get a new coach instead of going 28-28 and keeping the current coach”
tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

I think I even said somewhere I hope we make a regional in lucky fashion and still have a change made. That's the best of both worlds as a fan
Marathon Wave
Navigator Level

Post by Marathon Wave »

So, reading most of these posts, what if, we get lucky, win AAC tourney, make regionals, just miss on Omaha trip and some school hires TJ right from under us. Best of both worlds. A guy can dream, can't he?