For Anyone Interested in Baseball

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

For Anyone Interested in Baseball

Unread post by tjtlja »

We beat Grand Canyon 7-4. Very nice comeback after trailing 4-0. Used Hoffman for an inning of relief. Olthoff got knocked around giving up 7 hits and only 2 k’s in 4 innings of work. Has not been quite the same since the Miss State issue. Doctoring the baseball is fairly common in college and pro ball. Not saying Olthoff is guilty of anything, but it seems to me he has not been nearly as dominant since that game.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Re: For Anyone Interested in Baseball

Unread post by 1309th WAVE »

I went tonight, first time back at the ballpark uptown since [event]. Pretty shocked to not see a thread before now and I was just about to make one, lol
Tulane won. On a night where our ace didn't have his best. Finally got a bit luckier on balls in play and a moooooonshot grand slam by Jacob Laprairie that needed ATC clearance. The other shoe looked like it was going to drop multiple times but it didn't. Glad to see it in any event.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Unread post by 1309th WAVE »

As for braden he has gone deep in almost every game thus far and next thursday's conference opener is a quick turnaround. if he was going to have an off night, have it now. Not all that concerned about it, not to mention the other things concern is better spent on
visualmagic
President's Circle

Unread post by visualmagic »

tjtlja wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:57 pm We beat Grand Canyon 7-4. Very nice comeback after trailing 4-0. Used Hoffman for an inning of relief. Olthoff got knocked around giving up 7 hits and only 2 k’s in 4 innings of work. Has not been quite the same since the Miss State issue. Doctoring the baseball is fairly common in college and pro ball. Not saying Olthoff is guilty of anything, but it seems to me he has not been nearly as dominant since that game.
Last week against La Tech was arguably his most dominant performance of the season. He was really good @ Troy too.
Lots of bad luck and Bad defense against WKU. Tonight was a bad night for him.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Yankeewave »

Lsu lost, so theres that
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

visualmagic wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:40 am
tjtlja wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:57 pm We beat Grand Canyon 7-4. Very nice comeback after trailing 4-0. Used Hoffman for an inning of relief. Olthoff got knocked around giving up 7 hits and only 2 k’s in 4 innings of work. Has not been quite the same since the Miss State issue. Doctoring the baseball is fairly common in college and pro ball. Not saying Olthoff is guilty of anything, but it seems to me he has not been nearly as dominant since that game.
Last week against La Tech was arguably his most dominant performance of the season. He was really good @ Troy too.
Lots of bad luck and Bad defense against WKU. Tonight was a bad night for him.
Visual, you are correct. I guess this game and Western Ky are so unusual when he is on the mound. Should of did a little bit more research.