Fall Roster is Up

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Billow
Coach Level

Fall Roster is Up

Post by Billow »

Transfer Tackle from Army no longer on team and Meyers not yet on roster.
long green
Cornerstone

Re: Fall Roster is Up

Post by long green »

That possible departee, Trace Oldner, came from Navy’s prep school, not Army’s.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Billow
Coach Level

Post by Billow »

Oops ! Oh well he’s gone!
G-wave
Navigator Level

Post by G-wave »

Just saw a JC QB listed Drew Harris is this our transfer we have been waiting for ?
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

Tulane recruited him back in 2018; he went to Austin Peay and then to Jr. College.
https://247sports.com/player/drew-harris-89037/
djh
Coach Level

Post by djh »

G-wave wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:36 pm Just saw a JC QB listed Drew Harris is this our transfer we have been waiting for ?
I don't know but he is already listed on our fall roster so there's that.
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

actually, I had it backwards...Drew Harris played in 2018 in junior college and then was on the bench at Austin Peay, which finished 11-4 last season. His twitter says he is a grad student at Tulane after earning his degree at Peay already in his third year of college studies. He is the cousin of Ohio State, ex-Georgia QB Justin Fields. As a freshman at Dodge City CC, completed 118-of-246 passes for 1,603 yards and 13 touchdowns… also rushed for 202 yards and three scores… passed for a season-high 281 yards and two scores in a 22-21 victory against Coffeyville CC… named KJCCC honorable mention in 2018. He is on the all decade team at Camden High School in South Jersey.
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

Harris is a grad transfer walk on. He's definitely smart, a hard-worker and a good addition to the QB room. I'd be shocked if he ever played but the more, the merrier. I think we are out of scholarship spots for 2020, so we're rolling with Howard, Pratt and Ibieta as the scholarship QBs. Harris probably has a leg up on the 4th string job because of his JUCO starting experience. He might even be able to surpass one or both freshmen if they aren't ready to play. Stranger things have happened.

**On edit. I found his tape from JUCO. It's not bad. He's mobile. His arm strength is ok. He made some questionable throws that worked out, but all in all, he's got some talent. I also neglected to point out that he played for Mark Hudspeth last year, who was Will Hall's college coach and who Hall coached for at UL-L for one season. They are very close, and I'm sure Will got a good recommendation on this kid from Hudspeth.
This one belongs to the Wave.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

TU23 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:06 am Harris is a grad transfer walk on. He's definitely smart, a hard-worker and a good addition to the QB room. I'd be shocked if he ever played but the more, the merrier. I think we are out of scholarship spots for 2020, so we're rolling with Howard, Pratt and Ibieta as the scholarship QBs. Harris probably has a leg up on the 4th string job because of his JUCO starting experience. He might even be able to surpass one or both freshmen if they aren't ready to play. Stranger things have happened.

**On edit. I found his tape from JUCO. It's not bad. He's mobile. His arm strength is ok. He made some questionable throws that worked out, but all in all, he's got some talent. I also neglected to point out that he played for Mark Hudspeth last year, who was Will Hall's college coach and who Hall coached for at UL-L for one season. They are very close, and I'm sure Will got a good recommendation on this kid from Hudspeth.
Like a half step toward being a grad assistant
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

Gerry- I would say he's a lot like Jordy Joseph with a bit more size and natural ability. But very similar.
This one belongs to the Wave.