Dorian Camel?

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
Billow
Coach Level

Dorian Camel?

Unread post by Billow »

Did I miss something? Camel no longer on roster.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Re: Dorian Camel?

Unread post by Yankeewave »

Wasnt he a pretty big recruit?
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

Looks like both Camel and La’Dedric Jackson are no longer on the roster.
This one belongs to the Wave.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GSx »

Our #2 and #4 recruits from last year, per 247
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Yankeewave »

Thsts no good
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

Don't tell me this before the Bowl - although he didn't see a meaningful snap in the regular season.
olivengreen
Navigator Level

Unread post by olivengreen »

TU23 wrote:Looks like both Camel and La’Dedric Jackson are no longer on the roster.
Does anyone know a reason? Grades or something else?
Proud member of the Greenbackers!!!!!
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Could be so many reasons. Kids transfer like crazy today. Play with the kids that want to play for Tulane. I am sure there will be several more defections and 25 scholarships is a given every year in today’s college athletic climate.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

tjtlja wrote:Could be so many reasons. Kids transfer like crazy today. Play with the kids that want to play for Tulane. I am sure there will be several more defections and 25 scholarships is a given every year in today’s college athletic climate.

Agree. We all should go where we want to go. If he's gone, may he land softly. He's a talented kid. I'm disappointed if he's leaving but meanwhile as Coach F. always says, "Next man up!"
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

Its reasonable to expect about 20% of a single signing class to be loss to attrition over a four yer period. Sor far we have had 3 from the 18 class, two more over the next 3 years would be normal. Anything more and 3 or 4 and more and it should be cause for concern. If I remember correctly one of Toledo's classes lost more than half the class over a four year period. I think it was his best rated class. That really hurt.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

Poseidon wrote:Its reasonable to expect about 20% of a single signing class to be loss to attrition over a four yer period. Sor far we have had 3 from the 18 class, two more over the next 3 years would be normal. Anything more and 3 or 4 and more and it should be cause for concern. If I remember correctly one of Toledo's classes lost more than half the class over a four year period. I think it was his best rated class. That really hurt.
that's because Toledo had the wonderful habit of telling kids "hey, you're never going to play here" instead of "if you want to get playing time, you need to work on A/B/C etc."
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

GSx wrote:Our #2 and #4 recruits from last year, per 247
obviously not our #2 and #4 recruits per Willie Fritz and based on what they did at Tulane seeing as neither saw the field... shows how ratings are fallible in many ways

both dropping off the roster in December before the bowl game hints at grades.. if they were unhappy and wanted to leave, that would have probably happened in January and after they got the free trip to Orlando and the swag bag
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

Johnny Mac wrote:
obviously not our #2 and #4 recruits per Willie Fritz and based on what they did at Tulane seeing as neither saw the field... shows how ratings are fallible in many ways

both dropping off the roster in December before the bowl game hints at grades.. if they were unhappy and wanted to leave, that would have probably happened in January and after they got the free trip to Orlando and the swag bag
First semester's not even over, how could grades be a problem?
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

I would think they would want to participate in spring ball wherever they are headed if they continue to play football.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

ml wave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

First semester's not even over, how could grades be a problem?
so, you never had any idea how you were doing in a class before finals?
tjtlja wrote:I would think they would want to participate in spring ball wherever they are headed if they continue to play football.
again, something that could have happened AFTER the free trip to Orlando
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Never did know, was is CAM-ul (like the dromedary) or ca-MELL (like, French-ish)?
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche wrote:Never did know, was is CAM-ul (like the dromedary) or ca-MELL (like, French-ish)?
He's not in the pronunciation guide, so I'm going humped desert horse
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

It occurred to me, is it possible Ruse was his main recruiter or that his departure had something to do with it? I'm not interested enough to dig back through old threads and look but I'm sure someone here knows the answer without doing that.
Coach Level

Unread post by 1401973 »

Did Camel toe the line? :oops:
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

1401973 wrote:Did Camel toe the line? :oops:
Better execution is not bolded IMO
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Found him!!!

Btw, his twitter profile says “LSU track & field”. He’s retweeted and commented on some Tulane stuff recently so I’d have to think there’s no hard feelings between the two.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

It is kind of embarrassing if he literally was poached from Tulane football by LSU track. I know LSU track is really good, but unless he's legit Olympic level, I hope there was something else going on that caused the transfer and not just this.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote:It is kind of embarrassing if he literally was poached from Tulane football by LSU track. I know LSU track is really good, but unless he's legit Olympic level, I hope there was something else going on that caused the transfer and not just this.
Maybe he just doesn't want to play football anymore? Why would him changing sports be considered an embarrassment?
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

PeteRasche wrote:It is kind of embarrassing if he literally was poached from Tulane football by LSU track. I know LSU track is really good, but unless he's legit Olympic level, I hope there was something else going on that caused the transfer and not just this.
It’s only embarrassing if you’re determined to make it so. What happened? Very probably Dorian decided he wasn’t really a football player at heart. I for one wish him luck. Oh, ml just said the same thing. Good. It needs saying.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

He played special teams in one game this year and committed 3 penalties. He was always a track guy playing football. His speed was the sole reason for his ranking.
This one belongs to the Wave.