Are you going to the Cure Bowl?

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.

Are you going to the Cure Bowl?

Yes
44%
No
49%
Not Sure
8%

Total votes: 39

gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Re: Are you going to the Cure Bowl?

Post by gerryb323 »

Baywave1 wrote:Isn't there another bowl in New Orleans? :mrgreen:

I know Fox and the cartel shafted us in 1998 but if TCU can get to the Rose Bowl then.....
Yeah, if we go undefeated next year we'll probably play in a NY6 bowl
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

gerryb323 wrote:

I know Fox and the cartel shafted us in 1998 but if TCU can get to the Rose Bowl then.....
Sugar has primary tie ins with the $EC and Big XII
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:

True but those don't apply when Sugar is a semifinal bowl for CFP. So there still is a post-season path to the Dome that doesn't go through NOLA Bowl. (I know easier to fit a camel through the eye of a needle but still it's a path.)
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Baywave1 wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:

True but those don't apply when Sugar is a semifinal bowl for CFP. So there still is a post-season path to the Dome that doesn't go through NOLA Bowl. (I know easier to fit a camel through the eye of a needle but still it's a path.)
Guys, I didn't think I needed pink there
enviro5609
Navigator Level

Post by enviro5609 »

Turns out we had enough miles and rewards points to put a quick trip together for practically nothing. Will be flying down from NYC the day before, leaving the morning after. Supposed to be 75 and sunny. Can’t wait.

(Whoever said 20-somethings aren’t into sports these days, there’ll be at least 2 of us representing)
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

gerryb323 wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:

Guys, I didn't think I needed pink there
You didn't need pink, because if we go undefeated next year, we will play in a NY6 bowl. We will have beaten Auburn at Auburn, beaten UCF at home, won at Memphis and Temple, and beaten the East champ in the conference championship game (my early pick for the east next year is Cincinnati, as much as it pains me to say it). No other G5 would have a stronger resume.

The posts following yours need some pink because there is literally no chance we make the CFP with our schedule next year, even if Auburn goes 12-1 with us as their only loss and UCF (potential two-time defending national champ? 8) ) only loses twice, both to us.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

enviro5609 wrote:Turns out we had enough miles and rewards points to put a quick trip together for practically nothing. Will be flying down from NYC the day before, leaving the morning after. Supposed to be 75 and sunny. Can’t wait.

(Whoever said 20-somethings aren’t into sports these days, there’ll be at least 2 of us representing)
Bravo young man. Be proud to be the exception to the "rule". Enjoy your trip...and Roll Wave!!! :-)

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
ForeverTU
Regent's Circle

Post by ForeverTU »

enviro5609 wrote:Turns out we had enough miles and rewards points to put a quick trip together for practically nothing. Will be flying down from NYC the day before, leaving the morning after. Supposed to be 75 and sunny. Can’t wait.

As a fellow 20-something headed to the game as well “here here!”

Hope to meet you and everyone else at the alumni party that Friday night and the tailgate Saturday!
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

I'm a 30-something for 2 more months, so I'm not sure who to hang out with
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

FW wrote:I'm a 30-something for 2 more months, so I'm not sure who to hang out with
Hot chicks... always hot chicks
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

gerryb323 wrote:Image
I co-opted that line when I officially retired from the men's league where I used to play basketball. Every year I got older and all the ex-college players in the league seemed to stay 22.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

This is very weak guys. Of the 1039 members who have at least 1 post on the here (minus those who have perished), only 36 have replied to this query and only 16 have indicated that they are going to the bowl, 17 are not going. Weak turnout. Even if those 16 have two others joining them. I imagine that the bulk of those not answering are not going. But you would think that those going would be answering in a positive manner. Where is the support of those here?

Fan since '54
Coach Level

Post by 1401973 »

Has everyone bought their tix? 54?
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Fan Since '54 wrote:This is very weak guys. Of the 1039 members who have at least 1 post on the here (minus those who have perished), only 36 have replied to this query and only 16 have indicated that they are going to the bowl, 17 are not going. Weak turnout. Even if those 16 have two others joining them. I imagine that the bulk of those not answering are not going. But you would think that those going would be answering in a positive manner. Where is the support of those here?

Fan since '54
This is dumb. You know there's only a few dozen of us that actually post here regularly
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Fan Since '54 wrote:This is very weak guys. Of the 1039 members who have at least 1 post on the here (minus those who have perished), only 36 have replied to this query and only 16 have indicated that they are going to the bowl, 17 are not going. Weak turnout. Even if those 16 have two others joining them. I imagine that the bulk of those not answering are not going. But you would think that those going would be answering in a positive manner. Where is the support of those here?

Fan since '54
1) YOGWF has never been a fair sampling of the fan base, I know far more people who come to football games who don't even read yogwf (let alone post) than I know people who do

2) I thought you said that YOU weren't going to Orlando? And that you missed the NOLA Bowl?
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
BC Wave
Emerald Circle

Post by BC Wave »

Driving and staying north of Orlando

Bought tickets to the Friday night thing

Still looking to sign up for Saturday tailgating

Hope we run the Cajuns back to Nova Scotia!
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Fan since '54
My youngest sister in California has stage 4 breast cancer and just this week failed her final hope Hail Mary clinical trial. This is her second and undoubtedly final bout since 2016. I am her executor. I will be making several trips coast to coast in the coming months and need to save my discretionary travel funds for such.

Though I am a Tulanian through and through I would caution you to be careful spending other people’s money. :|

Beat ULL.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

Fan since '54
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
MNAlum
Coach Level

Post by MNAlum »

Fan since '54
Voting seems closed but I bought 4 tickets but sadly cannot attend. Roll Bowl Wave!!!
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

TUPF wrote:

Fan since '54
My youngest sister in California has stage 4 breast cancer and just this week failed her final hope Hail Mary clinical trial. This is her second and undoubtedly final bout since 2016. I am her executor. I will be making several trips coast to coast in the coming months and need to save my discretionary travel funds for such.

Though I am a Tulanian through and through I would caution you to be careful spending other people’s money. :|

Beat ULL.
In defense of '54 ( :shock: ), he's not saying people should go. He's saying those that are going should say so in his poll. At least, that's what I think he's saying.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

ml wave wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Fan since '54

Beat ULL.
In defense of '54 ( :shock: ), he's not saying people should go. He's saying those that are going should say so in his poll. At least, that's what I think he's saying.
If that’s the case, then ‘54 I apologize. I’m a little prickly at the moment.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

TUPF wrote:
ml wave wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Fan since '54

Beat ULL.
If that’s the case, then ‘54 I apologize. I’m a little prickly at the moment.
No, he's saying:
Fan Since '54 wrote:Where is the support of those here?

Fan since '54
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

ml wave wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Fan since '54

Beat ULL.

ml is right. I am not saying that people should go, although as they say, "the more the merrier" but at this time of the year I am not surprised that folks are not able to go, most likely because of lack of finances and inability to get any days off needed to make the trip, or whatever other personal reasons (reasons, not excuses). I am surprised that 36 replies out of 1039 members who have posted here at least once seems rather a small amount. And it is not my poll. FW authored it. And I am also surprised that there are more who actually answered "not going" than those who answered "are going". I would have thought that those going would have wanted to shout it from the highest mountain. Last but not least, sorry to have offended anyone here.

Fan since '54
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

WaveProf wrote:

Fan since '54
1) YOGWF has never been a fair sampling of the fan base, I know far more people who come to football games who don't even read yogwf (let alone post) than I know people who do

2) I thought you said that YOU weren't going to Orlando? And that you missed the NOLA Bowl?
Both of these two are correct, but as you'll see below, it is about responses here, not attendance at a bowl. Had we been allotted in the NOLA Bowl this year, I would be in attendance.

Fan since '54