Devin Glenn = speed -

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
sr
Regent's Circle

Devin Glenn = speed -

Unread post by sr »

Devin runs a 4.31 40 this morning besting his previous laser timed 40 by .07.

Parry ran a 4.32 at the NFL Combine.
Last edited by sr on Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Re: Devin Glenn = speed -

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

still, football is not a track meet and so far Glenn has under performed on the field. Still speed is good and can't be coached, hopefully he'll have a breakout year.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

It seems like kick off return would be a logical place for his speed. Now that Badie and Hillard are gone does he do it. Who did it in spring?
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

Poseidon wrote:It seems like kick off return would be a logical place for his speed. Now that Badie and Hillard are gone does he do it. Who did it in spring?
Glenn will get a shot...so will Huderson, Dauphine and possibly a freshman (Booker?). Glenn's problem has been ball security. He's fumbled at least 3 kicks that I can recall in few chances. If he can hang on to the ball, that could be a role for him.
This one belongs to the Wave.
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

TU23 wrote:
Poseidon wrote:It seems like kick off return would be a logical place for his speed. Now that Badie and Hillard are gone does he do it. Who did it in spring?
Glenn will get a shot...so will Huderson, Dauphine and possibly a freshman (Booker?). Glenn's problem has been ball security. He's fumbled at least 3 kicks that I can recall in few chances. If he can hang on to the ball, that could be a role for him.
Thats been his problem in all facets of the game. He struggles to handles handoffs, pitches and kicks, at least in all of the practices I’ve seen over the past couple years. His speed could be utilized if he holds on to the ball.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

My memory is straining to recall world class sprinters who did well in the NFL. Bob Hayes? Renaldo Nehemiah? Otherwise the NFL would just draft the NCAA sprint champs every year, right? If anything I remember lots of guys who made it who weren’t blinding fast, but could run exact routes, could get separation, and had glue hands.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

TUPF wrote:My memory is straining to recall world class sprinters who did well in the NFL. Bob Hayes? Renaldo Nehemiah? Otherwise the NFL would just draft the NCAA sprint champs every year, right? If anything I remember lots of guys who made it who weren’t blinding fast, but could run exact routes, could get separation, and had glue hands.
I think the list is 1. Willie Gault and ends there for world class sprinters succeeding in the NFL

don't hurt your memory any more
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Johnny Mac wrote:
TUPF wrote:My memory is straining to recall world class sprinters who did well in the NFL. Bob Hayes? Renaldo Nehemiah? Otherwise the NFL would just draft the NCAA sprint champs every year, right? If anything I remember lots of guys who made it who weren’t blinding fast, but could run exact routes, could get separation, and had glue hands.
I think the list is 1. Willie Gault and ends there for world class sprinters succeeding in the NFL

Johnny Mac wrote:

I'm trying to be polite about this but did you ever see Bob Hayes play including against the Saints? He is in the HOF and averaged (averaged!) 20 yards per reception for his career. Your list is now two and growing.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... yeBo00.htm
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

And OK, I didn't see him play but Jim Thorpe? We're at three.....
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Even at a handful, it demonstrates the point that fast alone does not equal success. Otherwise just troll the Penn Relays every year and grab high school and college sprinters and forget all that HUDL stuff.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
MattK
President's Circle

Unread post by MattK »

it doesn't equal success. but it often equals getting more of a shot than someone with better hands and less speed. Guys do shoot up NFL draft boards based on combine speed.
G-wave
Navigator Level

Unread post by G-wave »

Anyone know who ran the top times ?
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »