Yulman field upgrade

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Re: Yulman field upgrade

Post by Johnny Mac »

fan since 45 wrote:You don't win with logos or changing uniforms every game. You win with players. You have to start recruiting Div. 1 type players and coaches. You do not get Div.1 coaches and players by recruiting Nichols state, Ga. Southern, Mc Neese State, Southern type coaches and players. Until you do, it will be the same old, same old thing. Last year should have taught everyone this. Last years coaches - -football failed, basketball failed, baseball failed.
I'm late shooting back here, but the two I highlighted were 100 percent based on what was left behind by the previous coaching staff.. baseball was a little bit of no pitching talent and a coach that was swimming uphill from day 1.. we'll see what he does in year 2 to assess whether he's failing.

The fact Fritz won as many games as he won last year with essentially no quarterback is nothing short of spectacular.

Once Dunleavy found his way and his lineup, Tulane was a pretty formidable team. Give the previous coach the same situation and the Wave may not have won any conference games.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

Post by TU77CAL82 »

DrHullabaloo wrote:
randymc wrote:btw, Troy Dannen tweeted this afternoon that the Angry Wave "water feature" in end zone will be installed beginning right after July 4th holiday at Yulman Stadium.
Well? Did it go up?
If it's going on top of the video board, it was not there as of last Sunday. If it's going somewhere else, I don't know.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

One of my coworkers knows Barry Kern. I'll see if he can get some info.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
MNAlum
Coach Level

Post by MNAlum »

Any news?
mandevillewave
Riptide Level

Post by mandevillewave »

I may be mistaken, but I thought I heard on the radio several days ago that it was damaged in a fire at one of Kern's warehouses on the West Bank.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

mandevillewave wrote:I may be mistaken, but I thought I heard on the radio several days ago that it was damaged in a fire at one of Kern's warehouses on the West Bank.
Did it melt? From Angry Wave to Puddle Wave ...
Wavery
Navigator Level

Post by Wavery »

Did they use Angry Wave beer to put the fire out?
tumbuuh
Navigator Level

Post by tumbuuh »

mandevillewave wrote:I may be mistaken, but I thought I heard on the radio several days ago that it was damaged in a fire at one of Kern's warehouses on the West Bank.
I mean...you can't make this stuff up. The delay on this has been ridiculous already, and now a fire? I was under the impression it was being built at their newer facility by the Convention Center, but I could be wrong.
We praise thee for thy future, Alma Mater;
The vista of its glory gleameth far.
We shall ever be part of thee, great Mother;
Thou wilt be where e'er thy children are.
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Post by DrHullabaloo »

They were welding when a "prop" structure caught/caused the fire! I wonder if it was the angry wave they were working on? Just happened last week!

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/201 ... areho.html
tumbuuh
Navigator Level

Post by tumbuuh »

For what it's worth, I was in the gym earlier today and there were workers doing something on the backside of the student section between the stadium and Reily. That's where the scoreboard is, so maybe they're preparing the area? Couldn't tell what they were up to really.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

tumbuuh wrote:For what it's worth, I was in the gym earlier today and there were workers doing something on the backside of the student section between the stadium and Reily. That's where the scoreboard is, so maybe they're preparing the area? Couldn't tell what they were up to really.
That is where the feature is planned to go.. I'll bet they are putting up the structural supports.
tumbuuh
Navigator Level

Post by tumbuuh »

PeteRasche wrote:
tumbuuh wrote:For what it's worth, I was in the gym earlier today and there were workers doing something on the backside of the student section between the stadium and Reily. That's where the scoreboard is, so maybe they're preparing the area? Couldn't tell what they were up to really.
That is where the feature is planned to go.. I'll bet they are putting up the structural supports.
That's what I was thinking, but it seems odd they'd go forward with that if they have to rework it from damage. It took them months to get the original finished. I guess it's a positive sign though!
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

No news report has said our sculpture was damaged... But either way, if they contracted someone to put in the structural steel and said company put it in their schedule to do it this week, there's no reason they couldn't still install it. Then it's at least ready whenever the sculpture is done.
enviro5609
Navigator Level

Post by enviro5609 »

PeteRasche wrote:No news report has said our sculpture was damaged... But either way, if they contracted someone to put in the structural steel and said company put it in their schedule to do it this week, there's no reason they couldn't still install it. Then it's at least ready whenever the sculpture is done.
That's refreshing. It's how a professional organization acts. You don't dither when you get a setback. Keep doing what can be done.
sprout1550
Coach Level

Post by sprout1550 »

I couldn't see any signs of progress for the water feature on the practice videos posted to twitter (links found in another thread). One is an aerial drone video and I can't see anything behind the scoreboard that looks like added structure.
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

Post by TU77CAL82 »

There's a scaffolding on the face of Reily where the mechanical equipment is located, behind the east end of the student section. Unless the feature is going in that area, it's probably just a maintenance thing.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

Which brings us to our September wager. Victories over both military academies in September or the float being installed by the Army game(end of September).
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Post by DrHullabaloo »

Did anybody listen to any of the AAC media day remarks? Mike Aresco made a dig about water features at stadiums during his interview.
wave1920
Rookie

Post by wave1920 »

No details here, but TD did say a while back that the sculpture would be installed by the home opener. Also mentioned something about an unveiling event for season ticket holders.
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

Post by TU77CAL82 »

Construction Alert

Yulman Stadium - Angry Wave Sign Installation

Next Monday, August 7, 2017 Tulane University, along with Woodward Design Build LLC, will commence work on the Yulman Stadium Scoreboard. The scoreboard is located on the south end of Yulman Stadium. The scope of work for the project will be to move Yulman Stadium letters and add bracing to allow for the placement of the new Angry Wave sign. Kern Studios will be Providing the New Angry Wave sign at a later date.

Those in adjacent or nearby buildings should expect increased noise from men working, heavy equipment, back up indicators and work trucks. No parking will be allowed in the spaces between Yulman Stadium and the Riley Center for the duration of the project due to safety concerns and limited space.

Construction is anticipated to occur through August 31, 2017.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

TU77CAL82 wrote:Construction Alert

Yulman Stadium - Angry Wave Sign Installation

Next Monday, August 7, 2017 Tulane University, along with Woodward Design Build LLC, will commence work on the Yulman Stadium Scoreboard. The scoreboard is located on the south end of Yulman Stadium. The scope of work for the project will be to move Yulman Stadium letters and add bracing to allow for the placement of the new Angry Wave sign. Kern Studios will be Providing the New Angry Wave sign at a later date.

Those in adjacent or nearby buildings should expect increased noise from men working, heavy equipment, back up indicators and work trucks. No parking will be allowed in the spaces between Yulman Stadium and the Riley Center for the duration of the project due to safety concerns and limited space.

Construction is anticipated to occur through August 31, 2017.
At least we know it's happening :mrgreen:
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I like the tweet text... "We're making room for something... Angry. #StayTuned" :mrgreen:
TulaneRebel
Navigator Level

Post by TulaneRebel »

Dannen just said on Jeff Duncan's radio show that the Angry Wave was damaged in a Kern Studios fire. Installation TBD.
Uptown, LA
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

Post by TU77CAL82 »

Just tweeted by TD: