Mercy ruled in Game 3 @ Houston

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Re: Mercy ruled in Game 3 @ Houston

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

FW wrote:
double d wrote:ECU's lefty ace who was out for most of the year is back and threw a no-hitter yesterday.

You just knew he'd be back for us
Our lefty ace who has been out for the most of the season came back this week and........
...threw a no-outer.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

I think what some are forgetting is that these baseball players are people, and people sometimes have things going on outside of the games which might affect their performance in said games. And even more so in college than the pros, we the fans have no right to know their personal business.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

PeteRasche wrote:I think what some are forgetting is that these baseball players are people, and people sometimes have things going on outside of the games which might affect their performance in said games. And even more so in college than the pros, we the fans have no right to know their personal business.
Pete, beautifully said. Everybody on the board please understand and just give this great kid all the support you can. There is no doubt in my mind Ross will succeed. There are going to be challenges to work thru, but there are going to be games like ULL. Just pull for one of your own.
visualmagic
President's Circle

Unread post by visualmagic »

PeteRasche wrote:I think what some are forgetting is that these baseball players are people, and people sometimes have things going on outside of the games which might affect their performance in said games. And even more so in college than the pros, we the fans have no right to know their personal business.
I don't think that anyone has suggested that we have the right to know the personal business of Ross. I hope nobody thinks that's what I was doing.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

visualmagic wrote:
I don't think that anyone has suggested that we have the right to know the personal business of Ross. I hope nobody thinks that's what I was doing.
I don't think you or anybody else suggested that. I posted the original question asking if it was an injury, mechanics, mental or the pitching coaches fault. By mental, I meant more like not trusting his stuff and trying too hard to make the perfect pitch or like the Yips that Steve Sax, Rick Ankeil or Chuck Knobloch went through in baseball or David Duval in golf.

We are all huge Tulane fans or we wouldn't be on this board. I also get the impression that most of us are good people as well and recognize that at the end of the day it is just a game.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

NJwave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
I don't think you or anybody else suggested that. I posted the original question asking if it was an injury, mechanics, mental or the pitching coaches fault. By mental, I meant more like not trusting his stuff and trying too hard to make the perfect pitch or like the Yips that Steve Sax, Rick Ankeil or Chuck Knobloch went through in baseball or David Duval in golf.

We are all huge Tulane fans or we wouldn't be on this board. I also get the impression that most of us are good people as well and recognize that at the end of the day it is just a game.
Lol
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

ml wave wrote:
NJwave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:

Lol
Anyone who suggests I'm a good person can meet me somewhere
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
NJwave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:

Lol
I'm grading on a curve. Have you been on the LSU message board?
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

NJwave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
NJwave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:

Lol
I used to post there a lot when I was younger
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

GretnaGrn wrote:
FW wrote:
double d wrote:ECU's lefty ace who was out for most of the year is back and threw a no-hitter yesterday.

You just knew he'd be back for us
Our lefty ace who has been out for the most of the season came back this week and........
...threw a no-outer.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

FW wrote:
NJwave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
NJwave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:

Lol
Age 12? That's about the level of discourse.

Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

FW wrote:
NJwave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
NJwave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:

Lol
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

TUPF wrote:
FW wrote:
NJwave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
NJwave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:

Lol
I had the mental age of a 12 year old until about 6 years ago.
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

FW wrote:
TUPF wrote:
FW wrote:
NJwave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
NJwave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:

Lol
You've been married how long... ?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

sr wrote:
FW wrote:
TUPF wrote:
FW wrote:
NJwave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
NJwave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:

Lol
You've been married how long... ?
six years I'd guess
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

14 years. I have a five year old though
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

FW wrote:14 years. I have a five year old though
I found this hilarious
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

My answer is long enough that my wife no longer finds my love of Tulane baseball endearing. Last night she asked if Tulane sports were more important than our relationship. I think my response was something along the lines of "way to roll the double play, Colletti."
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

NJwave wrote:
My answer is long enough that my wife no longer finds my love of Tulane baseball endearing. Last night she asked if Tulane sports were more important than our relationship. I think my response was something along the lines of "way to roll the double play, Colletti."
My wife is a Tulane alum, so she doesn't have a choice.
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

NJwave wrote:
I've been tactfully answering that question for more than three decades ... 8)