J. Williams

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Big EZ Wave
Emerald Circle

J. Williams

Unread post by Big EZ Wave »

Found this posted on SI.com ...

pretty impressive, saying he could be a round 2 or higher pick in the draft.

Risers

Jeremy Williams/WR/Tulane: Williams could be the best receiver you never heard of. He's a natural pass catcher with good size and playing speed. Williams is having a breakout campaign this season and is on course to double or even triple many of his production numbers from last year. He's also displaying himself to be a game impacting kick returner. Williams' play this year will pay big dividends for him next April as the senior could sneak into the draft's initial 45 selections.
The Tulane University of Louisiana
tumbuuh
Navigator Level

Re: J. Williams

Unread post by tumbuuh »

That's so great for Williams! And it's always nice to get some national coverage too.
We praise thee for thy future, Alma Mater;
The vista of its glory gleameth far.
We shall ever be part of thee, great Mother;
Thou wilt be where e'er thy children are.
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

His 40 time is going to make or break him. He has the size, hands, experience, and production. If he can run low 4.5s or high 4.4s, then he's a lock for at least the 3rd round.
This one belongs to the Wave.
MNAlum
Coach Level

Unread post by MNAlum »

Here is the link http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... index.html

Story Highlight states that JW may be the steal of the draft. Certainly cannot hurt recruiting.
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TPSTulane »

at the next level he'd make a great possesion type receiver. The one thing I have to say about Bob Toledo is that if you have talent he will "showcase" you. Aka Matt Forte. If I were a talented skill player and wanted to get on the field right away and be showcased Tulane would be the place to come.
Tulane School of Business Class of 1981
Loyola MBA Class of 1988
Conference Realignment "is like changing seats on the Titanic."
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

I think JDub would make a great #2, or a running mate for a faster guy. Consider the Eagles with two fast guys as their top two receivers. He could be a productive #3 right out of the gate for them. He could take over Roy Williams' role with the Cowboys tomorrow.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

long green wrote:He could take over Roy Williams' role with the Cowboys tomorrow.
and they wouldn't have to change the locker plates or jerseys... :lol:
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
RocktheWave
Breaker Level

Unread post by RocktheWave »

I wish he could go to the Saints but they're already stacked at receiver...
Possibly the Eagles/Patriots? Somewhere where he'll be used alot hopefully
O Hai Johnny I didn't know it was you
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

Anqaun Boldin ran a 4.71 at the NFL combine. Just sayin'. I played against him in HS when he was at Pahokee. He was their QB and I actually (I'm patting myself on the back right now) was able to run him down and force him out of bounds (my personal best was a 4.64....patting myself on the back again). Of course we were losing 33-0 and lost 46-20 but that was my 1 moment of fame.

Oh, and the part about my 40 time goes to show they are overrated since I was also 5-7, 150.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

FW wrote:Anqaun Boldin ran a 4.71 at the NFL combine. Just sayin'. I played against him in HS when he was at Pahokee. He was their QB and I actually (I'm patting myself on the back right now) was able to run him down and force him out of bounds (my personal best was a 4.64....patting myself on the back again). Of course we were losing 33-0 and lost 46-20 but that was my 1 moment of fame.

Oh, and the part about my 40 time goes to show they are overrated since I was also 5-7, 150.
Williams doesn't have near the publicity or resume of Boldin coming out of FSU. Not to mention the difference in the level of competition. And that that 40 time cost Boldin a spot in the first round. Williams will need to run a good 40 to get drafted high. Remember Mewelde Moore ran in the 4.6 range and dropped from a 2nd round projection to a 4th round pick...and Williams is no Moore. Obviously Mewelde has been successful in the NFL and so can Jeremy, but in order to get drafted high, his 40 time will be very important.