Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane talk forum
It is currently Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:18 am 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:09 pm
Posts: 835
TU will have at least 3 (possibly 4) games on the CBS sports network this year. (most of any AAC team)

April 25 - LSU at Tulane
April 26 - NC State at ECU
April 20 - Tulane at ECU
May 13 - Houston at Tulane
May 20 - USF at UCF
May 23 - Game 1 AAC Conference Tournament
May 23 - Game 2 AAC Conference Tournament


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:19 am 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:09 pm
Posts: 835
My typing is not the best. (sorry)

April 30 - Tulane at ECU


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:47 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 16668
Location: Philly & Ocean City, MD
You're doing fine, Cletus, and are always appreciated.

_________________
Tulanian since 1974


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:04 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 28682
Location: Way ahead of you
CletusRelm wrote:
My typing is not the best. (sorry)

April 30 - Tulane at ECU
Were you aware that you can go back and edit your own posts? Just select the "Edit" button below the message box, at bottom right.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:39 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 18985
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
All of this at the same time as there is a thread going on about everyone switching to online "cable" packages that don't include CBSSN! :mrgreen:

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:09 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 5149
Location: Dripping Springs
WaveProf wrote:
All of this at the same time as there is a thread going on about everyone switching to online "cable" packages that don't include CBSSN! :mrgreen:

Maybe time to rethink the 'package'. Maybe CBSSN can be added ??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:00 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:09 pm
Posts: 835
Thanks for the info Roller, but I do not see an "Edit" option below the message board.

PLEASE HELP :?

I take that back roller. The "Edit" option comes up immediately after u make the post. :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:50 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:46 pm
Posts: 822
Hasn't Cox added games with ULL, Southeastern and UNO in recent years?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:41 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 28682
Location: Way ahead of you
CletusRelm wrote:
Thanks for the info Roller, but I do not see an "Edit" option below the message board.

PLEASE HELP :?

I take that back roller. The "Edit" option comes up immediately after u make the post. :o
Yeah, you'll only see that button on your OWN posts. Only Mods can edit the posts of other people.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:04 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 4052
Location: Omnipresent
Wavery wrote:
Hasn't Cox added games with ULL, Southeastern and UNO in recent years?

I know at least the SLU and UNO games were last year.

When's ESPN3 gonna get down here and cover some of our "meaningless midweek games"?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:08 am 
Offline
Riptide Level
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:52 am
Posts: 187
Remember when watching on TV to turn down the volume and tune into the voice of Tulane on the radio
No one has the passion for Tulane baseball like Graff


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:54 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 18881
Location: North Kenner
Tulane49 wrote:
Remember when watching on TV to turn down the volume and tune into the voice of Tulane on the radio
No one has the passion for Tulane baseball like Graff

Depends on which way the delay is. Don't like hearing it before I see it happen!

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"We've got to raise the expectation here and start winning." Willie Fritz

"Coaching can only do so much. If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:59 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 17825
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Virtually impossible to sync when you are streaming both, the delays are typically significantly longer on TV and there's not a radio stream DVR you can pause.. .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:10 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:46 pm
Posts: 822
Is there anyone out there that could do this??? Put a link here on YOGWF that records or delays the radio broadcast, then sync with the TV.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:40 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 18881
Location: North Kenner
I think WWL radio synchs their broadcast to the TV so you can listen to them during Saints games. I thought I've seen postings on here of people doing it for Tulane football games.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"We've got to raise the expectation here and start winning." Willie Fritz

"Coaching can only do so much. If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:17 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 28682
Location: Way ahead of you
waverider wrote:
I think WWL radio synchs their broadcast to the TV so you can listen to them during Saints games. I thought I've seen postings on here of people doing it for Tulane football games.
Yes, if you have DVR, you can sync Tulane games when the TV picture is AHEAD of the radio signal. All you have to do is pause the video broadcast until your Graf feed catches up, and then let them play together. Unfortunately, when Graf is ahead of the TV (sometimes by several minutes!), there is no way to pause him until the picture catches up.
Also, as Pete alludes, if you are streaming the TV (like ESPN3, for instance), you don't have the ability to pause the video stream. If you don't have DVR, you're out of luck either way.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:30 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 17825
Location: Cincinnati, OH
I have a way to stream Internet radio through my TV system as if it were a TV station (video just shows the channel logo floating around) but that doesn't help anyone else since no one else here has my TV system... 8)

In a similar vein, if your cable system has music channels and you have a DVR, does the music record as you are listening such that you could rewind it? If so, do any cable systems have Internet radio (iheartradio, tunein) integrated? That could do it, but I don't know if that which I describe exists.

Do commercial DVRs have any AV-in jacks besides the coax from the wall? Probably not, but if they did, maybe you could throw the audio through the DVR that way. It would be like the old days when bootlegs of concerts were made off the soundboard using a VHS VCR (audio only) simply because the tapes were 6 hours long instead of 90 minute cassettes...

Either way (mine or the imagined other) it requires streaming the game video on another device since the TV is taken by the audio.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:32 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 18985
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
I love Graff on the radio, but a radio broadcast is totally different precisely because they dont imagine you being able to see. For just my .02, I don't know why anyone would want to listen to the radio while watching a game on tv (just my opinion). In fairness, TV announcers (esp for college football) tend to be idiots, so I have often watched the game with no audio at all. But I still wouldn't want a radio audio track

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:30 pm
Posts: 2081
WaveProf wrote:
I love Graff on the radio, but a radio broadcast is totally different precisely because they dont imagine you being able to see. For just my .02, I don't know why anyone would want to listen to the radio while watching a game on tv (just my opinion). In fairness, TV announcers (esp for college football) tend to be idiots, so I have often watched the game with no audio at all. But I still wouldn't want a radio audio track


For actual knowledge of the team you're interested in instead of the nonsense that comes from national guys.

on cable, my 2 cable boxes didn't get the game to me at the same time. and were a good bit behind the radio, so I never used the radio. with an antenna for the last 2 Saints games, the tv was a few seconds ahead of radio.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:07 pm 
Offline
Riptide Level
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:52 am
Posts: 187
Two ways. First way a TV DVR may be needed.
1) Pause the TV to sync with the live radio.
2)If the TV is behind the live radio then go to the Tune-in Radio internet stream which is about 30 seconds behind. and sync that up with the TV. If you don't have a DVR it could be difficult.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:22 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 28682
Location: Way ahead of you
MattK wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
I love Graff on the radio, but a radio broadcast is totally different precisely because they dont imagine you being able to see. For just my .02, I don't know why anyone would want to listen to the radio while watching a game on tv (just my opinion). In fairness, TV announcers (esp for college football) tend to be idiots, so I have often watched the game with no audio at all. But I still wouldn't want a radio audio track


For actual knowledge of the team you're interested in instead of the nonsense that comes from national guys.

on cable, my 2 cable boxes didn't get the game to me at the same time. and were a good bit behind the radio, so I never used the radio. with an antenna for the last 2 Saints games, the tv was a few seconds ahead of radio.
Exactly, Matt. Graff provides a much deeper (and much more knowledgeable) than you get with the TV guys. He does a much better job of covering what's going on behind the choices made by the players and coaches. Wit a Graff broadcast, one comes away enriched.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:28 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 4052
Location: Omnipresent
Roller wrote:
MattK wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
I love Graff on the radio, but a radio broadcast is totally different precisely because they dont imagine you being able to see. For just my .02, I don't know why anyone would want to listen to the radio while watching a game on tv (just my opinion). In fairness, TV announcers (esp for college football) tend to be idiots, so I have often watched the game with no audio at all. But I still wouldn't want a radio audio track


For actual knowledge of the team you're interested in instead of the nonsense that comes from national guys.

on cable, my 2 cable boxes didn't get the game to me at the same time. and were a good bit behind the radio, so I never used the radio. with an antenna for the last 2 Saints games, the tv was a few seconds ahead of radio.
Exactly, Matt. Graff provides a much deeper (and much more knowledgeable) than you get with the TV guys. He does a much better job of covering what's going on behind the choices made by the players and coaches. Wit a Graff broadcast, one comes away enriched.

Not to mention the personal anecdotes and stories he tells for filler are all very entertaining and he doesn't go most of the game calling our starting QB the wrong name.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Cheerleader and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group