Why waiting to commit is the worst decision............

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Why waiting to commit is the worst decision............

Post by GreenieBacker »

.........many prospects make

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... river_home

I found the article well written and succinct. All about the dance recruits and recruiters do while looking at each other

"We may offer 100 kids in the spring, but those offers are only good for a limited amount of time for the vast majority of prospects," a Division I college head coach stated. "I tell kids all the time -- we only have so many spots and while we would love to have you in our program, I'm not putting my job on the line while I wait on you to stop playing games and handle this like the business decision it is."

which makes me think of our newest recruit, Stephen Lewerenz, who was clearly an early offer probably pretty much before serious recruiting for him picked up. He could have waited but decided to commit to Tulane perhaps before he waited too late and Tulane moved on.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Why waiting to commit is the worst decision............

Post by windywave »

Ah but commitments aren't binding so no harm in committing to the best offer you have and then doing it again later and flipping on signing day
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

windywave wrote:Ah but commitments aren't binding so no harm in committing to the best offer you have and then doing it again later and flipping on signing day
Yeah, there's no reason not to from the kids' perspective.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Like most things sports, you can blame this on ESPN for televising kids deciding where they want to go to college.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

GreenieBacker wrote:.........many prospects make

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... river_home

I found the article well written and succinct. All about the dance recruits and recruiters do while looking at each other

"We may offer 100 kids in the spring, but those offers are only good for a limited amount of time for the vast majority of prospects," a Division I college head coach stated. "I tell kids all the time -- we only have so many spots and while we would love to have you in our program, I'm not putting my job on the line while I wait on you to stop playing games and handle this like the business decision it is."

which makes me think of our newest recruit, Stephen Lewerenz, who was clearly an early offer probably pretty much before serious recruiting for him picked up. He could have waited but decided to commit to Tulane perhaps before he waited too late and Tulane moved on.
AGREE in almost all cases.