Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
Post Reply
ml wave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 12484
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by ml wave »

waverider wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:42 pm Former 4* DB Devin Bush, from Edna Karr in New Orleans, has entered the portal at Arkansas. He appeared in 5 games this year.
I wonder if we should be considering Karr's Brice Brown for any theoretical staff openings?
User avatar
waverider
Cornerstone
Posts: 27553
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by waverider »

We offered a Georgetown Grad transfer OL who lists himself As 6’6 310lbs with 2 years of eligibility left.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
User avatar
Cheerleader
Coach Level
Posts: 2244
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:22 am
Location: Destin, FL

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by Cheerleader »

I don't know if he can play, but at least I am sure his credits will transfer....
wavedom
President's Circle
Posts: 3632
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by wavedom »

Since we have taken transfers from South Alabama and many JUCO's I'm sure his credits will transfer too.
We deserve so much better
G-wave
Navigator Level
Posts: 863
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:54 pm
Location: neworleans

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by G-wave »

I have a recruiting question I know the 85 limit is solid and the total number of players you can bring in is 30 for the last time but can players enrolling early count against last years total if there is room. This might not matter now but one or two open schollies could be important come Aug.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle
Posts: 8917
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Location: We're not in Kansas anymore

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by gerryb323 »

G-wave wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:07 am I have a recruiting question I know the 85 limit is solid and the total number of players you can bring in is 30 for the last time but can players enrolling early count against last years total if there is room. This might not matter now but one or two open schollies could be important come Aug.
If there was room in last year's class, they should be able to count against it. Also, remember, I believe you can bring in as many transfers as you lose without them counting against your yearly total.
STOP BUNTING gaddammit!!
ml wave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 12484
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by ml wave »

gerryb323 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:24 am
G-wave wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:07 am I have a recruiting question I know the 85 limit is solid and the total number of players you can bring in is 30 for the last time but can players enrolling early count against last years total if there is room. This might not matter now but one or two open schollies could be important come Aug.
If there was room in last year's class, they should be able to count against it. Also, remember, I believe you can bring in as many transfers as you lose without them counting against your yearly total.
As many transfers as you lose up to 7 before they start counting.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle
Posts: 8917
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Location: We're not in Kansas anymore

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by gerryb323 »

ml wave wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:12 am
gerryb323 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:24 am
G-wave wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:07 am I have a recruiting question I know the 85 limit is solid and the total number of players you can bring in is 30 for the last time but can players enrolling early count against last years total if there is room. This might not matter now but one or two open schollies could be important come Aug.
If there was room in last year's class, they should be able to count against it. Also, remember, I believe you can bring in as many transfers as you lose without them counting against your yearly total.
As many transfers as you lose up to 7 before they start counting.
Thanks
STOP BUNTING gaddammit!!
User avatar
waverider
Cornerstone
Posts: 27553
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: 2022 Football Recruiting

Post by waverider »

waverider wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:58 am
waverider wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:48 pm Probably a long shot but Alabama RB Kyle Edwards from Destrehan has entered the portal.
Talking to some locals there may be mutual interest in this situation.
Kyle Edwards is going to Southeastern. He wanted to go to Tulane but was never offered. May be more to it than just not having a spot as we’ve added other transfers.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
User avatar
PeteRasche
Cornerstone
Posts: 26797
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: 2022 Football Recruiting

Post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:23 pm
waverider wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:58 am
waverider wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:48 pm Probably a long shot but Alabama RB Kyle Edwards from Destrehan has entered the portal.
Talking to some locals there may be mutual interest in this situation.
Kyle Edwards is going to Southeastern. He wanted to go to Tulane but was never offered. May be more to it than just not having a spot as we’ve added other transfers.
Not a very long reach to guess there's "more to it". An Alabama RB transferring to SELA? Could say "wants to be near home" but you'd think if everything was otherwise "normal", LSU would happily take an Alabama RB. I'm guessing there must be a reason why he's at SELA.
wavedom
President's Circle
Posts: 3632
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by wavedom »

Lack of D-1 talent?
We deserve so much better
User avatar
PeteRasche
Cornerstone
Posts: 26797
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by PeteRasche »

wavedom wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:25 pm Lack of D-1 talent?
That would be the easy answer but I find it hard to believe Alabama would miss so badly amongst their 5-, 4, and high-3-star recruits that they'd sign someone who wasn't even D1 level. I suppose it could happen, but odds are that it's something else, right?
wavedom
President's Circle
Posts: 3632
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by wavedom »

PeteRasche wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:17 pm
wavedom wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:25 pm Lack of D-1 talent?
That would be the easy answer but I find it hard to believe Alabama would miss so badly amongst their 5-, 4, and high-3-star recruits that they'd sign someone who wasn't even D1 level. I suppose it could happen, but odds are that it's something else, right?
Not necessarily. Everybody has misses. Saban is great but he's not perfect. But either way, talent or character issues, it's clear no D-1 team wanted him.
We deserve so much better
User avatar
PeteRasche
Cornerstone
Posts: 26797
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by PeteRasche »

BTW, is it time to start a '23 thread? I saw on Twitter we offered a 4-star LB from Texas.
User avatar
long green
Cornerstone
Posts: 27460
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Location: New Orleans

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by long green »

We have 8 visitors coming in this weekend, per TU23. Really seven, as one is signe Keanon McNally.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this
User avatar
waverider
Cornerstone
Posts: 27553
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by waverider »

long green wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:56 pm We have 8 visitors coming in this weekend, per TU23. Really seven, as one is signe Keanon McNally.
https://fearthewave.substack.com/p/tula ... dium=email
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
G-wave
Navigator Level
Posts: 863
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:54 pm
Location: neworleans

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by G-wave »

Four kids are from GA. looks like the new Coaches are paying off.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 13254
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:57 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by Yankeewave »

So thats where TU23 went!
User avatar
TU23
President's Circle
Posts: 2936
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:54 pm

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by TU23 »

Yankeewave wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:56 am So thats where TU23 went!
I'm still here! Just not very much. Working on the FTW Collective Group and FTW has taken away all of my free time. We're going to be putting out more and more recruiting content (free of charge) and we'll have a special guest on the podcast after signing day to discuss all of our signees.
This one belongs to the Wave.
User avatar
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle
Posts: 7206
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Gretna, LA

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by GretnaGrn »

TU23 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:52 am
Yankeewave wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:56 am So thats where TU23 went!
I'm still here! Just not very much. Working on the FTW Collective Group and FTW has taken away all of my free time. We're going to be putting out more and more recruiting content (free of charge) and we'll have a special guest on the podcast after signing day to discuss all of our signees.
Thanks for keeping everything moving along so well. It's useful and interesting to have that added analysis (and super important to have the NIL train starting to roll), and I know it's a lot of work for no material benefit.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle
Posts: 6201
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by tjtlja »

GretnaGrn wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:26 pm
TU23 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:52 am
Yankeewave wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:56 am So thats where TU23 went!
I'm still here! Just not very much. Working on the FTW Collective Group and FTW has taken away all of my free time. We're going to be putting out more and more recruiting content (free of charge) and we'll have a special guest on the podcast after signing day to discuss all of our signees.
Thanks for keeping everything moving along so well. It's useful and interesting to have that added analysis (and super important to have the NIL train starting to roll), and I know it's a lot of work for no material benefit.
GretnaGrn, very well said. Kelly does this because he loves Tulane and wants us informed. It is greatly appreciated. Doing a fantastic job!
User avatar
waverider
Cornerstone
Posts: 27553
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by waverider »

PeteRasche wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:35 am BTW, is it time to start a '23 thread? I saw on Twitter we offered a 4-star LB from Texas.
How about a 2024 thread? We have offered Ehret DB Wardell Mack. According to his Twitter profile he has no stars but Jerit Roser calls him one of the Top Louisiana prospects for 2024.

We’ve also offered 2023 LB Dickson Agu from Dutchtown. His only other offer is Purdue so far.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
User avatar
TU23
President's Circle
Posts: 2936
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:54 pm

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by TU23 »

tjtlja wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:37 pm
GretnaGrn wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:26 pm
TU23 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:52 am
Yankeewave wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:56 am So thats where TU23 went!
I'm still here! Just not very much. Working on the FTW Collective Group and FTW has taken away all of my free time. We're going to be putting out more and more recruiting content (free of charge) and we'll have a special guest on the podcast after signing day to discuss all of our signees.
Thanks for keeping everything moving along so well. It's useful and interesting to have that added analysis (and super important to have the NIL train starting to roll), and I know it's a lot of work for no material benefit.
GretnaGrn, very well said. Kelly does this because he loves Tulane and wants us informed. It is greatly appreciated. Doing a fantastic job!
Thanks so much, guys. As far as the NIL is concerned...we're a little over 25% of the way to our overall goal. Our first few NIL deals will be rolling out this next week or so with appearances on the Jimmy O Show by Macon Clark and Larry Brooks and I will be having a baseball player as our first player guest on the FearTheWave Cast early next week.
This one belongs to the Wave.
User avatar
waverider
Cornerstone
Posts: 27553
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by waverider »

waverider wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:50 pm
PeteRasche wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:35 am BTW, is it time to start a '23 thread? I saw on Twitter we offered a 4-star LB from Texas.
How about a 2024 thread? We have offered Ehret DB Wardell Mack. According to his Twitter profile he has no stars but Jerit Roser calls him one of the Top Louisiana prospects for 2024.

We’ve also offered 2023 LB Dickson Agu from Dutchtown. His only other offer is Purdue so far.
According to John Ehret’s football Twitter account, Mack’s other offers besides us are Alabama and Miss St.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
User avatar
long green
Cornerstone
Posts: 27460
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Location: New Orleans

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by long green »

The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this
Post Reply