Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Re: Krewe of 2022 - Football Recruiting

Post by Marathon Wave »

Some really good WR's and RB's in Chattanooga area. Wonder if PJ can help us with recruiting?
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

We have offered a lot of kids in TN this year. I think we have the TE Jackson Long, but he may be looking elsewhere. Neither Rivals or 247 has him committed. I know we would like to get both Nakelin McAfee and Kendall Jackson. Neither are from the Chattanooga area.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

SMU appears to have lost several of their highest rated recruits today. Maybe something to do with the reports that Dykes could be the next coach at TCU?
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

long green wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:03 pm SMU appears to have lost several of their highest rated recruits today. Maybe something to do with the reports that Dykes could be the next coach at TCU?
It moves Tulane up to 3rd in the conference.
ALERT!!!

In other news, TCU has picked up several new commitments

SARCASM!
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

A lot of decommitments coming today. I don’t expect to get the ones at OU or the top ones at lsu, but some that decommitted from ULL may be viable options. Napier did a decent job recruiting there.
Tulane Greenbackers

tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Some in-state WR news on several players we offered -

Zavion Thomas from John Ehret is going to Miss State

Zyion Claville from Shreveport committed to Marshall

TJ Johnson from Alexandria is headed to Southern

According to Rivals, we offered 10 WR’s in the state of LA. To date, 8 have committed elsewhere. The two left on the board are Kody Finley from Ponchatoula (brother of TJ Finley), and Joseph Miller from St. Augustine who is unrated.
G-wave
Navigator Level

Post by G-wave »

Not sure but I think we have only two weekends of Visits before signing day.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Don’t know if there are any visits this weekend with conference championships taking place. The following weekend is state championships and I don’t know what effect that will have. Maybe someone who knows the rules can shed some light.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

tjtlja wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:45 pm Some in-state WR news on several players we offered -

Zavion Thomas from John Ehret is going to Miss State

Zyion Claville from Shreveport committed to Marshall

TJ Johnson from Alexandria is headed to Southern

According to Rivals, we offered 10 WR’s in the state of LA. To date, 8 have committed elsewhere. The two left on the board are Kody Finley from Ponchatoula (brother of TJ Finley), and Joseph Miller from St. Augustine who is unrated.
I guess this explains why we grabbed the transfer from ND. I don’t think we are recruiting either of those two remaining LA guys that hard. Especially with the transfer who should be much better.
Tulane Greenbackers

FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

Marathon Wave wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:13 am Some really good WR's and RB's in Chattanooga area. Wonder if PJ can help us with recruiting?
He's busy, but I can ask his mom
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

tjtlja wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:04 pm We have offered a lot of kids in TN this year. I think we have the TE Jackson Long, but he may be looking elsewhere. Neither Rivals or 247 has him committed. I know we would like to get both Nakelin McAfee and Kendall Jackson. Neither are from the Chattanooga area.
According to 247, Long decommitted from us on November 16
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Tulane looking to beef up the OL.

We have offered Hunter Nouzrad, a Grad transfer OL from Cornell. Looks like he’s played both tackle spots and center. Was named to the All Ivy Team. I think he should be able to get through admissions with a Cornell transcript. Also offered by Nebraska, Temple and Kansas.

Also offered Miles Frazier. An FIU OT transfer. He played in 17 games as a true freshman according to his Twitter profile. I’m guessing that’s over 2 seasons with one not counting towards eligibility. 3 years left and a 3.3 GPA. 6’6 320lbs. He was also offered by Virginia.

We offered 3* OT Michael Boley from Hattiesburg. He was previously a Colorado commitment. Lists himself at 6’6 296.
Tulane Greenbackers

waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

UNLV LB Jacoby Windmon has been offered. Also offered by UTSA, K State among others.

Per a K State reporter:
Windmon finished 2021 as the #3 tackler in the Mtn. West with 118, along with 11.5 TFL and 6.5 sacks.

6'2, 230 lb. junior is originally from New Orleans.
Tulane Greenbackers

tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Thanks rider, these are worth following. The fact that other solid programs like K St and Virginia want these guys is a good sign if we can land them
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

According to Athletic, the FIU OL has been offered by a ton of P5s. It will be a test to sign him.
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

The kid from FIU has over 20 offers already. Miami offered him.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

According to Twitter we're getting a visit from TN WR Andrew Paige this weekend. No flashy offers that I saw at first glance, (MAC, CUSA) but he's got size and looks like he can run, too.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

long green wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:50 am According to Twitter we're getting a visit from TN WR Andrew Paige this weekend. No flashy offers that I saw at first glance, (MAC, CUSA) but he's got size and looks like he can run, too.
But can he catch, lol.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

long green wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:50 am According to Twitter we're getting a visit from TN WR Andrew Paige this weekend. No flashy offers that I saw at first glance, (MAC, CUSA) but he's got size and looks like he can run, too.
Jalen “Speedy” Rogers, the WR from Miami, Fl that is committed will be visiting this weekend as well.

Looks like a few of the committed kids are making their official visits this weekend.
Tulane Greenbackers

waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

We have offered Temple WR Jadan Blue. Hitting the portal with a focus on two positions of need, OL and WR.
Tulane Greenbackers

tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

waverider wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:27 pm We have offered Temple WR Jadan Blue. Hitting the portal with a focus on two positions of need, OL and WR.
That could be a great pickup. He was a 1000 yard receiver in 2019. Looks like he hasn't played a full season in a couple years. I assume that's injury related
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Why offer someone with a history of injuries?
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:35 pm
waverider wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:27 pm We have offered Temple WR Jadan Blue. Hitting the portal with a focus on two positions of need, OL and WR.
That could be a great pickup. He was a 1000 yard receiver in 2019. Looks like he hasn't played a full season in a couple years. I assume that's injury related
This was from his 2020 bio
changed number from 18 to 5 in the summer (Temple awards single-digit jersey numbers to its toughest players on and off the field) ... led the team on the season in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving touchdowns ... ranked second in the conference in receptions per game (6.8 )
Tulane Greenbackers

ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

tjtlja wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:55 pm Why offer someone with a history of injuries?
We're obviously not in a position to be able to pick and choose the best players, so in order to get talent we've got to take some risks...smaller schools, injuries...these are reasons why good players might be available to us.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

No, tj is right here. This has blown up on us more than once in the transfer portal era.