Tanner Lee named as starter at Nebraska

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Re: Tanner Lee named as starter at Nebraska

Post by ml wave »

windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
TUPF wrote:
windywave wrote:... if he'd been here last year we would have been bowling since we almost were without a QB
He had a better arm, sure, but we all know about his (non) mobility. Unless Fritz had drastically altered the offense I don't see that we would have done much better but who knows. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.
I think had he stayed, CWF WOULD have altered the offense a bit... a little less with the option and zone reads.. I believe he did that at Sam Houston... I think Tanner bailed upon the notion that CWF was going full speed triple option.. and after he left, all CWF had was a QB who was a completely unknown commodity and two freshman coming in he could mold into an option offense.
WF had no interest in changing his offense. Tanner was quoted/tweeted how excited he was about playing for the new staff, then he had his initial meeting with WF and then announced he was transferring.
Same question to you
Yes, I did. Question to you...do you take as gospel everything that coaches say?
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
windywave wrote:... if he'd been here last year we would have been bowling since we almost were without a QB
He had a better arm, sure, but we all know about his (non) mobility. Unless Fritz had drastically altered the offense I don't see that we would have done much better but who knows. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.
Read the SI interview with CWF ... you'll have the same opinion as me

Here we go with your opinion again. An article doesn't make plays on the field.
You're killin' me Smalls!!!
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

BACONWAVE wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:

What are you talking about? Did you read the article? Windy's saying that Fritz had previously adapted the offense to fit the personnel and if Lee had stayed the offense wouldn't have been nearly as dependent on the triple option. Your comment makes no sense.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

BACONWAVE wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Hey frick stick in the article CWF said he had adapted his offense to personnel in the past. He would have worked with Lee and the OC to make the offense work. If you read the article you'd know that.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:

What are you talking about? Did you read the article? Windy's saying that Fritz had previously adapted the offense to fit the personnel and if Lee had stayed the offense wouldn't have been nearly as dependent on the triple option. Your comment makes no sense.
+1
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Hey frick stick in the article CWF said he had adapted his offense to personnel in the past. He would have worked with Lee and the OC to make the offense work. If you read the article you'd know that.
Which makes the "run off" aspect of Lee's 6th year of eligibility a little fishy
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Which makes the "run off" aspect of Lee's 6th year of eligibility a little fishy
By fishy you mean completely unbelievable?
#cousins don't count
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

gerryb323 wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Yep read the article. Fritz said no Tulane QB could pitch the ball at first day of practice. That is why they could not do much option work. I didn't see Tanner's name one time. My response was that Windy automatically assumed that with Tanner we would have been bowling. TUPF stated he didn't think it would have mattered if Lee stayed. My statement was saying an ARTICLE cannot make plays so doesn't matter what type of offense or who we had at QB probably would not have mattered. Seems that Windy's opinion must be taken as gospel.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

BACONWAVE wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Yep read the article. Fritz said no Tulane QB could pitch the ball at first day of practice. That is why they could not do much option work. I didn't see Tanner's name one time. My response was that Windy automatically assumed that with Tanner we would have been bowling. TUPF stated he didn't think it would have mattered if Lee stayed. My statement was saying an ARTICLE cannot make plays so doesn't matter what type of offense or who we had at QB probably would not have mattered. Seems that Windy's opinion must be taken as gospel.
How many games did we win without a QB? Now if we had a QB who could throw and get coached up you think that was worth two wins? You probably don't watch enough football to realize you can show the option look with an immobile QB and the defense still has to honor it because he might not break it for six but it can be worth 4 yards => opens the pitch and the pass. We had no discernible passing threat and if we had a passing threat the run is opened up. I realize simple logical conclusions may be hard for you, but this is an easy one.
#cousins don't count
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

windywave wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:

How many games did we win without a QB? Now if we had a QB who could throw and get coached up you think that was worth two wins? You probably don't watch enough football to realize you can show the option look with an immobile QB and the defense still has to honor it because he might not break it for six but it can be worth 4 yards => opens the pitch and the pass. We had no discernible passing threat and if we had a passing threat the run is opened up. I realize simple logical conclusions may be hard for you, but this is an easy one.
Like I said it is YOUR opinion. People can have different ones. Could it be possible Tanner struggled & was benched....yes it could have happened. Just like TUPF said...who knows what could have happened. No need to try & belittle people. Try to open your mind to OPINIONS.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

BACONWAVE wrote:
windywave wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Like I said it is YOUR opinion. People can have different ones. Could it be possible Tanner struggled & was benched....yes it could have happened. Just like TUPF said...who knows what could have happened. No need to try & belittle people. Try to open your mind to OPINIONS.
OK you keep living in your world where missing the tournament but beating LSU and having a QB instead of no QB are good things and I will live in reality
#cousins don't count
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

windywave wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
windywave wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:

OK you keep living in your world where missing the tournament but beating LSU and having a QB instead of no QB are good things and I will live in reality
Wow do we have a breakthrough? Reality shapes opinion. My reality & life experience is different than yours. How many LSU fans bother you daily in your neck of the woods? Have you ever had LSU cut into your yard by corndog fans? Learn to value other's opinions.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

BACONWAVE wrote:
windywave wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
windywave wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Wow do we have a breakthrough? Reality shapes opinion. My reality & life experience is different than yours. How many LSU fans bother you daily in your neck of the woods? Have you ever had LSU cut into your yard by corndog fans? Learn to value other's opinions.
I try not to let emotion get in the way of logical conclusions and take a look at the big picture instead of myopic belly button staring. If someone did that to my lawn I'd call the cops, did you?. I have no need to even acknowledge LSU as anyone who went to school there is my inferior. Why even bother caring about them, just walk with your head held high safe in the knowledge they are inferior in every aspect.
#cousins don't count
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

Read the SI interview with CWF ... you'll have the same opinion as me[/quote]

Here we go with your opinion again. An article doesn't make plays on the field.[/quote]
What are you talking about? Did you read the article? Windy's saying that Fritz had previously adapted the offense to fit the personnel and if Lee had stayed the offense wouldn't have been nearly as dependent on the triple option. Your comment makes no sense.[/quote]

Yep read the article. Fritz said no Tulane QB could pitch the ball at first day of practice. That is why they could not do much option work. I didn't see Tanner's name one time. My response was that Windy automatically assumed that with Tanner we would have been bowling. TUPF stated he didn't think it would have mattered if Lee stayed. My statement was saying an ARTICLE cannot make plays so doesn't matter what type of offense or who we had at QB probably would not have mattered. Seems that Windy's opinion must be taken as gospel.[/quote]

How many games did we win without a QB? Now if we had a QB who could throw and get coached up you think that was worth two wins? You probably don't watch enough football to realize you can show the option look with an immobile QB and the defense still has to honor it because he might not break it for six but it can be worth 4 yards => opens the pitch and the pass. We had no discernible passing threat and if we had a passing threat the run is opened up. I realize simple logical conclusions may be hard for you, but this is an easy one.[/quote]

Like I said it is YOUR opinion. People can have different ones. Could it be possible Tanner struggled & was benched....yes it could have happened. Just like TUPF said...who knows what could have happened. No need to try & belittle people. Try to open your mind to OPINIONS.[/quote]

OK you keep living in your world where missing the tournament but beating LSU and having a QB instead of no QB are good things and I will live in reality[/quote]

Wow do we have a breakthrough? Reality shapes opinion. My reality & life experience is different than yours. How many LSU fans bother you daily in your neck of the woods? Have you ever had LSU cut into your yard by corndog fans? Learn to value other's opinions.[/quote]

I try not to let emotion get in the way of logical conclusions and take a look at the big picture instead of myopic belly button staring. If someone did that to my lawn I'd call the cops, did you?. I have no need to even acknowledge LSU as anyone who went to school there is my inferior. Why even bother caring about them, just walk with your head held high safe in the knowledge they are inferior in every aspect.[/quote]

Nope no cops called b/c payback was given. But the SWEEP last year shut him the F up. So that is why 2 years in a row is even sweeter to me at this moment. Getting to the post season is great, but sometimes the littler things in life are far sweeter. Plus, if you have corndog Alumni in your family that you cannot get away from, the reality is you cannot just walk away. If you were around it daily then you would know. That is all I am trying to say. You may not be right all the time. LOL

PS.... my 2 brothers have somehow not responded to me in my decked out Tulane gear & a broom picture I recycled from last year. Neither has the A-Hole who cut my yard!!
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

You probably shouldn't tell windy he's not right all the time. In his OPINION he is! But then that's just his opinion, so you can live with it!
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

that last quotegasm is absolutely unreadable, and on multiple levels.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes